Show you Fightsticks

#1 Edited by Killroycantkill (1415 posts) -

This topic was made over on the regular SF4 forums and I thought I would bring it back to the SSF4 forums. Everyone show what you use to play SSF4 with. Be it pad, SE, or TE sticks. I'll start things off with my SE stick I modded. 

Modded it from part I got from lizard lick. Messed up the button prompt for the O and Square buttons, but other than that I think it turned out well.

Edit: For the one complainer here is the link to the old board. But post your sticks in here instead since no one goes on the old game fourm anymore.
#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

Modded SE Fightstick
There it is, again.  I'm definitely making a semi-custom (saying semi as I'll be buying the case pre-made) next year as it's a school project of mine, so I'm looking forward to the hours of frustration that that will entail.
#3 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -
@ricetopher: I about got that one, but got the original TE one instead.  It was like $30 less.  I thought that one was pretty cool!
#4 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
MUCH larger thread made.  

For people miss understanding. Meaning there are more fight sticks to look at as well as this thread. 
#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -
#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" MUCH larger thread made.  "
Yeah, op knew already. "
Meaning there are more sticks to look at. Since OP did not link it. 
#7 Edited by lordofultima (6255 posts) -
#8 Posted by JJOR64 (19020 posts) -

I have a plain ass TE stick.    :(

#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@lordofultima said:

In a different forum, no one visits the SF4 boards anymore. "
Lol. It is so people can see other sticks as well
#10 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @lordofultima said:

Lol. It is so people can see other sticks as well "
Dude, just shut up.
#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @lordofultima said:

Lol. It is so people can see other sticks as well "
Dude, just shut up. "
I have no reason to. 
#12 Posted by Yummylee (22041 posts) -

I only use a ps3 dualshock sixaxis. I enjoy SSFIV, but not enough for me to invest any more cash towards it than its initial price.

#13 Posted by YetiAntics (1491 posts) -

This was when i first did it...  Its a little more, um, "battle-tested" now.
#14 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN: Who did the art?
#15 Posted by YetiAntics (1491 posts) -

the layout and the way it is?  Its a wallpaper i found online, the only thing i did was enlarge and mirror one side, and just pasted Cammy on there.
#16 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN: Love the colour scheme of your fightstick. The green buttons look slick.
#17 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -

Got one of these last week. All its helped me do so far is flail around like an imbecile, and lose a lot. (Business as usual then.) 
I'll get the hang of it eventually.
#18 Posted by senorgrande (22 posts) -

Just ordered the white Super TE stick from ShopTo.net. They were in the weekly special deals for £100 so I thought why not. Thinking about modding the artwork to have the whole cast of the Megaman style graphics that some GB users are using as avatars.

#19 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

awesome makoto fightstick!

#20 Posted by YetiAntics (1491 posts) -

This was my surprise birthday present.
#21 Posted by Lukeweizer (2706 posts) -

Got it at PAX 09.
#22 Posted by Renahzor (994 posts) -

Currently using my own Cammy custom stick again.  maple case, Sanwa JLF, Seimitsu buttons, etc:

Cammy Stick

The board was broken for a while, was using a friend's custom for a bit, and an SE while at his house.  Maybe i'll make a new one this year,  :)

More pics of the other customs I've done in my profile pics, as usual, and buried on the last pages.  :)
#23 Edited by MarceloAbans (139 posts) -

Here's mine. I'm a minimalist by nature so I took the generation 1 stick painted it reveresed B&W, added some Water based urethene on it so it doesn't rub off and that it'.. I also did some custom work on it to have replaceable USB cables and such.. If anyone is interested I'll post those pics too.

#24 Posted by zolloz89 (254 posts) -

my two sticks. i made my friend a WoW one the other day too.
#25 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Anyone have a Final Fight design? Looking for some custom inspiration!

Mine: 

Yay Super.
#26 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (199 posts) -

Only change since I took the pic is that the dust cover is now clear instead of black. 
#27 Edited by Mandiggidy (48 posts) -

Timewaster 1.0

#28 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@EvilGreenDevil: That shiz is the sexy son.
#29 Posted by Scullinator (514 posts) -

If you see me online in a fighting game this is what im rolling with.
No modding necessary.  This stick is bad ass.
#30 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Okay...this isn't mine but Capcom posted in on twitter I think.
#31 Posted by sfighter21 (798 posts) -

Nothing special here.  I hope to customize it one day, but seems the only help me thread I could find was for the TE stick.  I'm no pro, so I ain't going to go around fiddling with this thing without proper direction...
#32 Edited by Majinken (136 posts) -

Signs point to me possibly getting a TE stick, although price is a big issue. Hunting around and the best I've found is $120.
#33 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
shit sucks
#34 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

This is my first "mod" standard eddition 

sanwa buttons from lizard lick kept the same stick which i will replace (maybe just start with a bat top then think about actually changing the stick itself) 

#35 Posted by Killroycantkill (1415 posts) -
@EvilGreenDevil:  That stick is awesome. How did you get the buttons to blend with the art like that.
#36 Posted by lordofultima (6255 posts) -
@Killroycantkill: Seimitsu skeleton buttons allow you to put the pieces of art in the button itself.
#37 Posted by Killroycantkill (1415 posts) -
@lordofultima: That's cool. Thanks for the info Ultima.
#38 Posted by Viney212 (105 posts) -
@lordofultima:  Are there any noticeable performance differences between Seimitsu and Sanwa buttons?
#39 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
#40 Posted by lordofultima (6255 posts) -
@Viney212: They're less sensitive, so if you slam your buttons all the way down you won't notice any difference, they do feel a little weird for me. But great buttons nonetheless.
#41 Posted by FreedomToast (19 posts) -

i just picked up a SE stick myself      how hard would it be to customize it with new art, buttons, etc

#42 Posted by Killroycantkill (1415 posts) -
@FreedomToast: Not hard at all. When I modded my SE stick to the Makoto stick I thought it would be a pain but it's really easy. Suprisingly the hardest part for me was printing the art because the store I went to kept scaling down my image, so I had to go to my local University since they print directly from photoshop. But most print stores will do it fine. Seems like they do it right for everyone else but me LOL.
#43 Posted by V (328 posts) -

There it is in all of its glory... I want to change it up after I get back home though...

#44 Posted by agentboolen (1809 posts) -
@Apathylad said:
"
Okay...this isn't mine but Capcom posted in on twitter I think. "
Best way to hold this one is between your legs   ;)
#45 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (199 posts) -
@Killroycantkill: As Ultima said they are Seimitsu buttons. Having the artwork cut perfectly to fit in without messing up is pretty clutch. I also have a plexi glass cover over the artwork so I can change it whenever I want.  

@AniMoney said:
" @Viney212 said:

" @lordofultima:  Are there any noticeable performance differences between Seimitsu and Sanwa buttons? "

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=118289      Sanwa is a little more sensitive, or so I've heard. "
From my experience I would agree. I had the TE stick for over a year before switching to Seimitsu buttons and it was a little different. I think the Sanwas are definitely more sensitive--you can drum your fingers over them lightly and still get input recognized. The Seimitsu stick out a little more and take a littler more pressure to register but after playing with them, they seemed to have broken in a bit. Looking back I could really go either way because it really doesn't make a difference. 
#46 Posted by Killroycantkill (1415 posts) -

I'm thinking of getting a TE or Hori stick soon. Just so I have two for when friend come over. If I get it I'm most likely gonna mod it and I'll post it here.

#47 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

pssst. Somebody should totally make me some sweet ass Dhalsim art.

#48 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Oh hey this thread...since I last posted, this happened:

#49 Posted by darkvare (770 posts) -

i want one of this sticks but so far i'm good with my sixaxis

#50 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

I need to get around to finally ordering some new buttons and painting my so I can post it on here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.