Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

So You Can't Equip Both Ultra's...

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By PhilESkyline

At least that's what I see from the video. I really hope they allow you to turn that option off. I don't understand why you would want to separate the two moves since every Street Fighter game, to my memory, allowed you to use multiple super moves during a fight.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

SFII only had one super per character. SFIII forced you to pick one super from a list of three.

The Alpha games did allow you to use different supers in the same fight, though.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Plasma

You must be new, selectable supers, which are now ultras, were like that in Street Fighter 3. I don't think there has ever been multiple supers just selectable stuff like V-ism, X-ism from alpha games and grooves from SNK vs. Capcom.   

They won't let you 'turn that option' off ha ha, this is a fighting game, it is the same at all times. It's to make the same character be able to play differently. 

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

Why would they give you two at once?

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PhilESkyline
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " Why would they give you two at once? "
    Why not? They gave you two or more at once in previous street fighter titles and other games including street fighter characters.
    PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PhilESkyline

I think adding multiple Ultra attacks adds more depth and strategy into Street Fighter.

Example 1... Players won't just rush in knowing you have a close and long range Ultra. 

Example 2... You're in a heated battle and need to pull off a Ultra to win only to remember you equipped the ground Ultra over the air Ultra.

I would welcome the ability to use both.  I'm sure they will add this feature in the next go round of the game. *sigh*

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Plasma
    @PhilESkyline said:
    "  I think adding multiple Ultra attacks adds more depth and strategy into Street Fighter.   Example 1... Players won't just rush in knowing you have a close and long range Ultra.    Example 2... You're in a heated battle and need to pull off a Ultra to win only to remember you equipped the ground Ultra over the air Ultra.   I would welcome the ability to use both.  I'm sure they will add this feature in the next go round of the game. *sigh* "
    Play Gen. Problem Solved.
    PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PhilESkyline
    @Plasma said:
    " @PhilESkyline said:
    "  I think adding multiple Ultra attacks adds more depth and strategy into Street Fighter.   Example 1... Players won't just rush in knowing you have a close and long range Ultra.    Example 2... You're in a heated battle and need to pull off a Ultra to win only to remember you equipped the ground Ultra over the air Ultra.   I would welcome the ability to use both.  I'm sure they will add this feature in the next go round of the game. *sigh* "
    Play Gen. Problem Solved. "
    Haha! I hate Gen lol.
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nasar7

This is how it's been since SFIII. It allows you to mix up your play style depending on your opponent, but also requires you to strategize a bit.. There are other fighting games with multiple supers, i.e. BlazBlue.

Lilja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lilja

Ultras are OP as they are, it's just a bad system IMO. 
    And then to let you have two different in the same match, making it even easier to hit with one? No fkn way. Stupid idea.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @PhilESkyline said:
    " @Plasma said:
    " @PhilESkyline said:
    Play Gen. Problem Solved. "
    Haha! I hate Gen lol. "
    YO! The old man has feelings too!
    spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By spacetrucking

No, that would make the game even more Ultra focused than it already is.Instead of adding depth, it will make the make the characters very single dimension since you'll be judging them based on their ultras instead of their complete moveset (the way it's supposed to be). Not to mention, it will a nightmare for balance - Ryu, Rufus, Boxer & Sagat are all top tier partly because of their juggling ability with the Ultra and giving them even more versatile Ultras might just break them completely.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By JJOR64

There is a thread about second ultras already.  It's located HERE.

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PhilESkyline
    @JJOR64: I'm aware of the thread but my beef is more about not having more than one to use in a fight not what they are or that they have been added.
    Ironknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Ironknight

Yeah I liked being able to pick your supers like in alpha and the VS games it does make things more interesting.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Lilja said:
    " Ultras are OP as they are, it's just a bad system IMO. And then to let you have two different in the same match, making it even easier to hit with one? No fkn way. Stupid idea. "
    Why would you think that?  It's not like an activated Ultra is a guaranteed hit.  Most of them are all about set ups (all of them) and a skilled player would be able to just avoid getting damage from one.
    Lilja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lilja
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Lilja said:
    " Ultras are OP as they are, it's just a bad system IMO. And then to let you have two different in the same match, making it even easier to hit with one? No fkn way. Stupid idea. "
    Why would you think that?  It's not like an activated Ultra is a guaranteed hit.  Most of them are all about set ups (all of them) and a skilled player would be able to just avoid getting damage from one. "
    Ofc an ultra doesn't have 100% chance to hit. But more ultras = more ways to combo in an ultra / more situations you can hit one = WTF. And you make it sound like avoiding ultras is shit easy. Look at high-level players with characters like Ryu, hitting with that ultra most of ther matches.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Lilja said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Lilja said:
    Why would you think that?  It's not like an activated Ultra is a guaranteed hit.  Most of them are all about set ups (all of them) and a skilled player would be able to just avoid getting damage from one. "
    Ofc an ultra doesn't have 100% chance to hit. But more ultras = more ways to combo in an ultra / more situations you can hit one = WTF. And you make it sound like avoiding ultras is shit easy. Look at high-level players with characters like Ryu, hitting with that ultra most of ther matches. "
    It's not like both of those Ultras are available for you during the match.  You actually have to think about how you're going to play and who you're going to face and then pick one of the 2 Ultras that you think would be most beneficial for the situations created during the fight.  Avoiding Ultras is not easy when facing someone who knows how to pull them off, but they're not totally hard either.  When you get hit by an Ultra, it was your fault for not avoiding the combo or whatever set up the person had properly.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By lordofultima

Two ultras simultaneously would be overpowered, no question. Raging Demon AND silly tazmania tornado? I do not like the idea of ultras all that much in the first place, they shouldn't do that much damage. It seems silly that you can beat the shit out of someone and they get lucky and land one move, and there's half your health. Supers take move effort to get, they should do more damage.

Ironknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ironknight
    @lordofultima said:

" Two ultras simultaneously would be overpowered, no question. Raging Demon AND silly tazmania tornado? I do not like the idea of ultras all that much in the first place, they shouldn't do that much damage. It seems silly that you can beat the shit out of someone and they get lucky and land one move, and there's half your health. Supers take move effort to get, they should do more damage. "

You can only use one Ultra during a match so it would make it wouldn't be 
    overpowered  you would just have to be more careful
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Plasma

Yeah I always wondered why you sacrifice so much EX damage potential to pull out a pansy super, while the high damaging Ultra may as well be used as it'll be gone by next round. 

Although then you lose the scrub friendly vibe its going for, adding 3S strategy.

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    On a side note, hopefully they have nurfed Blanka abit. Most of his shit was too safe.
    Ironknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ironknight
    @DirrtyNinja said:
    " On a side note, hopefully they have nurfed Blanka abit. Most of his shit was too safe. "
    They said no one is getting Nerfed
    Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jiggah
    @Bigandtasty:

Technically, they only allowed one Ultra in SFA3.  You got to pick between the isms, and the X-ism was basically what the Ultra is suppose to be, one single high powered super.

The A-ism allowed for multiple supers (i.e. Ken can do the straight dragon punch or the multiple hop) and the V-ism was the custom combo gauge.

I keep wondering how they are going to make the game more offensive.  The current ultras make the game very, very defensive. 
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lordofultima
    @DirrtyNinja said:

" On a side note, hopefully they have nurfed Blanka abit. Most of his shit was too safe. "

I hope this was sarcasm, since every move Blanka does is the opposite of safe, even on hit. 

@Ironknight said:

" @lordofultima said:

" Two ultras simultaneously would be overpowered, no question. Raging Demon AND silly tazmania tornado? I do not like the idea of ultras all that much in the first place, they shouldn't do that much damage. It seems silly that you can beat the shit out of someone and they get lucky and land one move, and there's half your health. Supers take move effort to get, they should do more damage. "

You can only use one Ultra during a match so it would make it wouldn't be  overpowered  you would just have to be more careful "
    Yes it would be, because then you have an answer for two very different situations. Rufus has 100 stupid easy combos into his 1st ultra, so you have to be wary of his rushdown. But you also couldn't jump in at him because of his new anti-air tornado ultra, making him an impenetrable fortress. That way anything you do would cost yourself 50% health. Also, you can get more than one ultra in a round, just thought I would point that out. 

Another good example, Gief would have both air and ground 720's, yeah right.
    Lilja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lilja
    @Ironknight said:
    " @DirrtyNinja said:
    They said no one is getting Nerfed "
    And that everyone was getting better? Well it seems like they didn't follow their own words. Cause apparently Sagat's stamina and his tiger uppercut damage has both been reduced.
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nasar7
    @Jiggah: Totally agree in hoping SSFIV is made more offensive.
    Ironknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ironknight
    @lordofultima said:
    " @DirrtyNinja said:

I hope this was sarcasm, since every move Blanka does is the opposite of safe, even on hit. 

@Ironknight said:

" @lordofultima said:

You can only use one Ultra during a match so it would make it wouldn't be  overpowered  you would just have to be more careful "
    Yes it would be, because then you have an answer for two very different situations. Rufus has 100 stupid easy combos into his 1st ultra, so you have to be wary of his rushdown. But you also couldn't jump in at him because of his new anti-air tornado ultra, making him an impenetrable fortress. That way anything you do would cost yourself 50% health. Also, you can get more than one ultra in a round, just thought I would point that out.  Another good example, Gief would have both air and ground 720's, yeah right. "
    Well you can get a Ultra it twice but the damage is greatly reduced also its not like you won't have two ultra's to choose from I think Ultra's add a sense of unpredictability to SF4  and if you hadd both to choose from there would be even more strategy involved.
    Ironknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ironknight
    @Lilja said:
    " @Ironknight said:
    " @DirrtyNinja said:
    They said no one is getting Nerfed "
    And that everyone was getting better? Well it seems like they didn't follow their own words. Cause apparently Sagat's stamina and his tiger uppercut damage has both been reduced. "
    Just going by what Seth said and Sagat might  get something better in return
    Gunner_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gunner_Thor

It would turn SSF4 into more of a campfest than SF4 allready is.  I think one ultra is more than enough to secure a victory.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lordofultima
    @Ironknight: 2 LV1 Ultras do more damage than 1 LV2 Ultra, since LV2 Ultra only does 1.5x what a LV1 would. Sagat is getting damage nerf yes, but he also has an ex move that evades other moves, and doubles the damage of his next uppercut. 

Also, do not double post.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By demontium

Thats a good thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.