Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

SSFIV AE on PC

J_Las_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By J_Las_Vegas

Thinking of getting this on PC because my PS3 is fucked.  So, is anyone getting this on PC?

Was also wondering if anyone has played the PC version of SFIV online and how it compares to the console versions?  I'm guessing the community is way smaller, but I'm interested in what the skill level of the players will be.   

It would be awesome if there was some kind of cross platform play through steam like in Portal 2.  Although, that's probably too much to ask of from Capcom.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I'll be picking up the PC version.  As for good people on there, there aren't many.  The PC online players really died down because Super never came to PC.  Hopefully AE PC will bring in tons of new and old players in.

J_Las_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By J_Las_Vegas
    @JJOR64: Unfortunately it looks like AE won't be out until July at the earliest.  Will hit you up for some games when I get it.  I get the feeling I won't be winning many of those sets.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJOR64
    @J_Las_Vegas: That's alright if you don't win many.  :P  Practice makes perfect.

I thought about making a list of people who play the PC version when it comes out.  A while ago myself and turbomonkey138 made a Steam Group for SFIV, which died pretty quickly.  :P  May have to start it back up when it comes out.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @J_Las_Vegas: ill probably end up picking it up on the PC... i have PC SF4, still people online playing it... 
    it kinda sucks though i get some serious frame rate drops playing against other people sometimes, ive read its because people with computers that can't run the game well don't set there frame rate to fixed
    J_Las_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By J_Las_Vegas
    @VicRattlehead:  Yeah I guessed there will be issues with it on PC.  It can't be worse than some of the online games I've had in the past on PS3. 
    Just have to get a usb card that's compatible with my stick and I'll be set.  Even considering switching up characters again.
    mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By mpgeist

I'm getting it on pc, though I'm not very good at the game.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By phrosnite

I was going to buy the game(PC) but I heard that people won't like the balance changes they've done in the AE edition...

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJOR64
    @phrosnite said:
    I was going to buy the game(PC) but I heard that people won't like the balance changes they've done in the AE edition...
    If you aren't a hardcore player, then it shouldn't bother you.
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Sarkhan

I would if my ps3 was fucked. Don't know if my pc could play it though^^ But 1 thing i love from/for the pc gamers, are the insane costume mods :)

WrathOfBanja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By WrathOfBanja
    @phrosnite said:
    Its ok, just play Yun and you wont even notice!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.