Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

SSFIV or SSFIV Arcade?

jakkblades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakkblades

For someone who didn't play SSFIV at this point to get the most out of the game, will it be better to pick up the Arcade version or Super? I want to make sure that I'm playing the one that has the most active online community.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By craigbo180

Well if you get AE you can still play against people playing super and using the super settings, but you will be able to play AE as well if lots of people make the switch, so if you get AE you're covered.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Even if you buy regular, you can still get the AE stuff as DLC. It's 15 bones though, so make sure the copy of regular you get is 15 clams or more below the cost of AE. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

Either wait till AE comes to disc or get Super now and get AE DLC when it comes out on June 7th.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BBQBram

I was having the same issue. I played SFIV when it came out but now I've got Super on the 3DS and I'm loving Makoto and Guy so much I want them on the big screen. So I was about to get that version when I hear of this AE coming to consoles. I guess I can wait a little longer and get the newest disc release, feels more complete to me than upgrading with DLC.

Evil Ryu and Oni look siiiiick.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By KaosAngel

Get SSFIV for less than 20 and then buy SSFIVAE as DLC for 15.  Your total will be 35 bucks...and that's already cheaper than what most people paid for just SSFIV.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Pessh
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Get SSFIV for less than 20 and then buy SSFIVAE as DLC for 15.  Your total will be 35 bucks...and that's already cheaper than what most people paid for just SSFIV. "
    A helpful comment? Are you feeling ok?
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By frankxiv

i was curious as someone who owns super will i need to get ae dlc to keep playing it online? i basically have zero interest in the new characters, and there's no way the balance chances would be paid content and therefore split the userbase correct?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By lordofultima
    @onimonkii: You will still be able to play against people with SSFIV, but not people that have AE...which will be most of them. The balance changes are part of what makes AE...AE. 
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By frankxiv

welp :| thanks for the answer though.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @Pessh
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Get SSFIV for less than 20 and then buy SSFIVAE as DLC for 15.  Your total will be 35 bucks...and that's already cheaper than what most people paid for just SSFIV. "
    A helpful comment? Are you feeling ok?
    I was freaked out, too. I hop he's not too sick.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JJOR64
    @lordofultima said:
    " @onimonkii: You will still be able to play against people with SSFIV, but not people that have AE...which will be most of them. The balance changes are part of what makes AE...AE.  "
    What he said.

A majority of the people (people who are into it/the competitive scene) will move onto AE once it's out.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @onimonkii: You will still be able to play against people with SSFIV, but not people that have AE...which will be most of them. The balance changes are part of what makes AE...AE.  "
    The balance changes are free or you gotta pay for em? If you gotta pay for a balance patch that'll be whack. All I want really is DJ AE balancing. I don't really want to play any of the new characters at all. You saying I gotta pay 1200MSP so I can link DJ's far standing MK after a crouching jab? Whaaaat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.