Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Street fighter IV Costume Packs

LordCraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LordCraven

So I own Super Street Fighter IV but not Street Fighter IV 
    And want to buy some of the costume packs (Femme Fatale :)  
    but all the DLC is all under Street fighter IV, not Super. 

So would the DLC work with Super if ive never even put a SFIV disc in my console? 
    Or is there some other way to get it?   Thanks for the help!  

Kumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kumo
    @LordCraven said:
    "

So I own Super Street Fighter IV but not Street Fighter IV 
    And want to buy some of the costume packs (Femme Fatale :)  
    but all the DLC is all under Street fighter IV, not Super. 

So would the DLC work with Super if ive never even put a SFIV disc in my console? 
    Or is there some other way to get it?   Thanks for the help!  

"
    Yep, it works even if you don't have a save for the original game.
    Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Zombieheadbutt

I bought all of the original SFIV's costume packs minus the last one.  Speaking from experience, you may want to wait for the super pack that has all of the costumes in it that will be released once all of the packs have been released. Not sure if they will release one with all of the original SFIV costumes and the new SSFIV's costumes.

Astrovik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Astrovik

Doesn't Capcom understand I'm poor.Why the hell would I spend money on unlockables.They are sh#tting the replay value of the game.I don't even play SSFIV anymore.For what? If not for online for nothing.I don't want no extra colors..that's bullsh#t.I always have my characters wear their original colors anyway.I'll just get the PC version and mod the sh#t out of it.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By napalm
    @Astrovik: They're not making you buy costumes. Chill the fuck out.
    Astrovik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Astrovik
    @Napalm said:
    " @Astrovik: They're not making you buy costumes. Chill the fuck out. "
    They aren't MAKING ME but they aren't free are they? 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By napalm
    @Astrovik said:
    " @Napalm said:
    They aren't MAKING ME but they aren't free are they?  "
    They are not making you purchase them, so I don't see what your point is. They are not an integral part of the game.
    Astrovik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Astrovik
    @Napalm said:

" @Astrovik said:

" @Napalm said:
    They are not making you purchase them, so I don't see what your point is. They are not an integral part of the game. "
    My point is i have nothing to gain by playing through the game.Every characters is already unlocked and you cannot unlock any costumes by playing through.Like how in Tekken and Soul Calibur you get those point for playing through then you can "in the game" purchase different things.It pretty much means if you have this game and you don't play online.You have no reason to have the game.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm
    @Astrovik said:
    " @Napalm said:

" @Astrovik said:

" @Napalm said:
    They are not making you purchase them, so I don't see what your point is. They are not an integral part of the game. "
    My point is i have nothing to gain by playing through the game.Every characters is already unlocked and you cannot unlock any costumes by playing through.Like how in Tekken and Soul Calibur you get those point for playing through then you can "in the game" purchase different things.It pretty much means if you have this game and you don't play online.You have no reason to have the game. "
    So, you don't like this isn't like Tekken where you can unlock everything, but that also means that if you don't play the game online there's no reason to even play it. 

I have no idea how you like... jumped through that sort of logic.
    Astrovik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Astrovik
    @Napalm said:   "
    So, you don't like this isn't like Tekken where you can unlock everything, but that also means that if you don't play the game online there's no reason to even play it.    I have no idea how you like... jumped through that sort of logic. "
    I don't like the fact that i have to play with someone at all to enjoy the game.There is no real storyline.There is nothing new revealed about any of the characters.So unless i'm playing online or with a friend..there is no real reason to play it.Because you don't accomplish anything.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By napalm
    @Astrovik said:
    " @Napalm said:   "
    So, you don't like this isn't like Tekken where you can unlock everything, but that also means that if you don't play the game online there's no reason to even play it.    I have no idea how you like... jumped through that sort of logic. "
    I don't like the fact that i have to play with someone at all to enjoy the game.There is no real storyline.There is nothing new revealed about any of the characters.So unless i'm playing online or with a friend..there is no real reason to play it.Because you don't accomplish anything. "
    Well, this isn't Tekken. And, I also don't care 'cause we weren't even talking about that. If you want that sort of crap, go play Tekken.
    ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ElegantRuby
    @Astrovik said: 
    I don't like the fact that i have to play with someone at all to enjoy the game.
    This is where you lost me...Its a fighting game.  Its MEANT to be played with others.
    Astrovik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Astrovik
    @ElegantRuby said:

" @Astrovik said: 

I don't like the fact that i have to play with someone at all to enjoy the game.
    This is where you lost me...Its a fighting game.  Its MEANT to be played with others. "
    So then why bother having "Story Mode"? 

EDIT:I don't have a problem palying with my friends or on online.I just don't have much time to do that.Only when playing single player can I play and stop playing at my leisure.
    Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Jayzilla
    @Astrovik said:
    " @Napalm said:

" @Astrovik said:

" @Napalm said:
    My point is i have nothing to gain by playing through the game.Every characters is already unlocked and you cannot unlock any costumes by playing through.Like how in Tekken and Soul Calibur you get those point for playing through then you can "in the game" purchase different things.It pretty much means if you have this game and you don't play online.You have no reason to have the game. "
    ^this. I believe that  the costumes should have been unlockable. That was one of the things about these games that bums me out. I remember unlocking Zack's crazy outfit in DOA. Took me forever to get good enough to do it. But it was totally worth it.  Some of us still remember when you didn't get charged for extra content. It means more when you have a costume that says you did something to earn it and everyone knows what that something is that you did. It's a respect thing. Now you get a garbage icon if you are lucky and the game has them to give you. There is nothing wrong with feeling this way. There is nothing wrong with paying for costumes and DLC either. It's just my opinion that the game industry has gotten overly ridiculous about DLC. I know that I am way more likely to purchase games that give you some of this stuff for free. Games like Dragon Age, ME2, Assassin's Creed 2 etc.
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Illmatic

I can see both sides of this. It is a bummer that none of this is unlocked through playing. We do have the colors and taunts to unlock but a whole new costume is definitely more visually rewarding than swap of colors. I can understand being bummed out at versing a ken in a cowboy outfit while you don a red gi but better this than something that would divide the entire community, such as new characters.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By napalm
    @Jayzilla: Oh, I don't disagree about unlockables. They did the best thing they could have by making everything unlockable when you play online. The costumes should seriously be free, but that is their new pricing model, so we'll have to live with it. As I've stated, the costumes are not integral to the experience, so you don't have to buy them. 

But his bullshit reasoning about story and all that other crap is just donkey poo.
    Astrovik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Astrovik

I don't want to derail the thread or anything.I am actually a huge Capcom fanboy.I will play anything they release.I even played Duck Tales and Chip & Dale on NES.I'm just saying it would be easier for me to be enthusiastic about a game I have waited so long for if Capcom gave me something to unlock.I want these other costumes but I don't want to pay for them.i think extra costumes isn't even adequate for downloadable content.

ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ElegantRuby
    @Astrovik: Its Arcade Mode.  Not Story Mode.  No one plays fighters for their "story."  Thats just fact.
    Astrovik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Astrovik
    @ElegantRuby said:
    " @Astrovik: Its Arcade Mode.  Not Story Mode.  No one plays fighters for their "story."  Thats just fact. "
    i'm not playing the game for the story either.I just thought I would be able to uniock more than some extra colors and taunts.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By napalm
    @ElegantRuby said:
    " @Astrovik: Its Arcade Mode.  Not Story Mode.  No one plays fighters for their "story."  Thats just fact. "
    Well, saying something generic is just rather dumb. People don't play Street Fighter for their story. At least, they shouldn't as that's not really what drives the game. 

@Astrovik said:
    " I don't want to derail the thread or anything.I am actually a huge Capcom fanboy.I will play anything they release.I even played Duck Tales and Chip & Dale on NES.I'm just saying it would be easier for me to be enthusiastic about a game I have waited so long for if Capcom gave me something to unlock.I want these other costumes but I don't want to pay for them.i think extra costumes isn't even adequate for downloadable content. "
    I'm not disagreeing with you, but you went on a tangent about story and shit which had nothing to do with what you're talking about.
    Astrovik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Astrovik
    @Napalm said:
    @Astrovik said:
    " I don't want to derail the thread or anything.I am actually a huge Capcom fanboy.I will play anything they release.I even played Duck Tales and Chip & Dale on NES.I'm just saying it would be easier for me to be enthusiastic about a game I have waited so long for if Capcom gave me something to unlock.I want these other costumes but I don't want to pay for them.i think extra costumes isn't even adequate for downloadable content. "
    I'm not disagreeing with you, but you went on a tangent about story and shit which had nothing to do with what you're talking about. "
    i didn't go on a tangent.it was all relevant.I mentioned story because they have those anime intros and endings.They aren't worth the single player mode because NOTHING happens in them.it's just one other reason the single player is worthless.Capcom can do better than this.You can say that nobody plays SF for single player but then in that case make it just online and multiplayer and nothing else.Purposely disregarding a part of the game isn't OK.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By napalm
    @Astrovik: Well, I'm not continuing this stupid conversation, so I'm just going to say, if you want a fleshed out story mode, go play Tekken.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Shadow

Yep, it all works

Astrovik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Astrovik
    @Napalm said:

" @Astrovik: Well, I'm not continuing this stupid conversation, so I'm just going to say, if you want a fleshed out story mode, go play Tekken. "

Why is the conversation stupid? If you don't disagree with me why are all your responses so offensive.We obviously play the game for different reasons.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By lordofultima
    @Astrovik said:

" Doesn't Capcom understand I'm poor.Why the hell would I spend money on unlockables.They are sh#tting the replay value of the game.I don't even play SSFIV anymore.For what? If not for online for nothing.I don't want no extra colors..that's bullsh#t.I always have my characters wear their original colors anyway.I'll just get the PC version and mod the sh#t out of it. "

The notion that a costume for Super Street Fighter IV has anything to do with the replay value of the game, well, it's hilarious. Not having the characters be unlockables helps more people than it hurts, and the fact that I don't have to spend any more time with arcade mode to get these costumes is good, I'd rather spend money than time. If you don't have time to play actual people, then how do you have time to play arcade mode 400 times to get costumes? 

PC version isn't even announced, they've said they're not working on it.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By AniMoney

If you want to unlock a bunch of stuff go play Smash bros or tekken or soul calibur. If you want to enjoy a deep 2d fighting game play street fighter. 

Not dissing the other games btw, they're all good in their own right.

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By demigonis

Personally I'm very glad you don't have to unlock anything outside of colors and taunts. It means I can easily bring the game to a friend's house and we don't have to waste time unlocking characters, we can just play the game for fun right out of the box.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Stang

Time>>>>>money. I would gladly toss Capcom a few bucks instead of wasting hours unlocking shit.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " Time>>>>>money. I would gladly toss Capcom a few bucks instead of wasting hours unlocking shit. "
    That's how I see. I want one costume, so I'll spend the three bucks or whatever to buy the five pack.
    Astrovik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Astrovik
    @lordofultima said:

" @Astrovik said:

" Doesn't Capcom understand I'm poor.Why the hell would I spend money on unlockables.They are sh#tting the replay value of the game.I don't even play SSFIV anymore.For what? If not for online for nothing.I don't want no extra colors..that's bullsh#t.I always have my characters wear their original colors anyway.I'll just get the PC version and mod the sh#t out of it. "

The notion that a costume for Super Street Fighter IV has anything to do with the replay value of the game, well, it's hilarious. Not having the characters be unlockables helps more people than it hurts, and the fact that I don't have to spend any more time with arcade mode to get these costumes is good, I'd rather spend money than time. If you don't have time to play actual people, then how do you have time to play arcade mode 400 times to get costumes?  PC version isn't even announced, they've said they're not working on it. "
    It's not the costumes themselves.It's worthwhile unlockables in general. 
    As far as Arcade mode..I have more time to play through that to unlock things than I do to play with other people because as I said I can play and stop playing at my leisure.I can put out an hour a day playing through Arcade mode rather then trying to find a worthy opponent online or getting a friend over to play with me.Having something to do in the game BY MYSELF means I can play when ever I feel like it. 
    I'm not saying SSFIV is a bad game and I do own it.I just don't want to wait until I have a vacation or break from school so that I can have fun with it. 
    Also I wasn't implying that Tekken or Soul Calibur were better than SF by bringing them up either in case that's what anyone thought.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By lordofultima
    @Astrovik: But you can play online at your own leisure as well, much like arcade mode. Hell, you can log in, play one match, and log out if you want. Considering you only play arcade mode, I would imagine that just about anyone would be a worthy opponent. The matchmaking is pretty speedy, takes literally 10 seconds to get in a match most of the time. The only way I would understand your situation is if A) You don't have internet in the location you play video games, B) You're scared of competition, or C) You're madly in love with the idea of fighting games (but not necessarily the nature of competition), and need to satisfy your ocd by unlocking things.  

There's nothing wrong with any of that, I'm just saying it's a little weird you can't find the time to fight a human being.
    Astrovik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Astrovik
    @lordofultima said:
    C) You're madly in love with the idea of fighting games (but not necessarily the nature of competition), and need to satisfy your ocd by unlocking things.   There's nothing wrong with any of that, I'm just saying it's a little weird you can't find the time to fight a human being. "

This.I think at this point i'm so used to playing fighters for the unlockables and the storylines and all the other extras.
    Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

Easy way to play quick matches online:

Start arcade mode, and turn on match invite. Every time I do that I get matches coming at me so consistently I have yet to finish the first match against the CPU.  When you are done, choose to return to menu instead of return to arcade mode.  You can start and stop at your leisure.  

If all you really want is a single player game with lots of stuff to do, then you might want to look into a genre that isn't multiplayer focused.  I heard a rumor once that RPGs have that sort of thing.

TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheLastNeo
    @Napalm said:
    " @Stang said:
    " Time>>>>>money. I would gladly toss Capcom a few bucks instead of wasting hours unlocking shit. "
    That's how I see. I want one costume, so I'll spend the three bucks or whatever to buy the five pack. "

Yup, this is exactly how i feel.. I bought the "pack" i wanted, and as far as im concerned, Im all set buying costumes...
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @LordCraven:
    I'm holding out for the Street Fighter 4 cosutme pack to go on sale. I bought the Shadaloo pack because I actually play those characters and the costumes actually look good. But I don't many of the others. 

But the SSF4 alt costumes are great. I'll buy the whole pack when it's released in July.
    darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By darkvare

the instruction booklets says in the first page that the costumes can be used what pisses me off is they are holding this things back while they are in the disc how long does it takes to make a freaking unlock download i want my cammy bison suit now >:( how ever i must admit i love the freddy mercury  dudley costume specially color 10 wich takes off the jacket

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Astrovik said:
    " @Napalm said:   "
    I don't like the fact that i have to play with someone at all to enjoy the game.There is no real storyline.There is nothing new revealed about any of the characters.So unless i'm playing online or with a friend..there is no real reason to play it.Because you don't accomplish anything. "
    As opposed to Tekken which has a riveting cinematic storyline...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.