Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Super Street Fighter IV- It begins.

RipperSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By RipperSU

Yesterday I picked up SSFIV after finally caving in and deciding to start playing fighting games. I love the game thus far but I absolutely suck at it. I must have lost about 30 matches in a row now. On the other hand I am winning the odd round now and I've beat arcade mode on medium without too many problems. I'm going to basically use this blog as my official SSFIV diary from herein, updating with my progress on whether or not I can actually get good enough to play this game.

RipperSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RipperSU

Yesterday I picked up SSFIV after finally caving in and deciding to start playing fighting games. I love the game thus far but I absolutely suck at it. I must have lost about 30 matches in a row now. On the other hand I am winning the odd round now and I've beat arcade mode on medium without too many problems. I'm going to basically use this blog as my official SSFIV diary from herein, updating with my progress on whether or not I can actually get good enough to play this game.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

have fun! don't end up like me; raging everytime i play 

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dbz1995

Completely fresh meat Giantbomb forums-wise and SSFIV-wise! This means there is a good future for you, filled with laughs and sonic booms!

MarceloAbans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MarceloAbans
    @RipperSU:  Get a stick, it'll change the experience of the game greatly.
    raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By raviolisumo

Find a player you like and watch their vids. It ill help considerably.

RipperSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RipperSU
    @MarceloAbans said:
    " @RipperSU:  Get a stick, it'll change the experience of the game greatly. "
    I'm pretty broke at the moment, so I can't afford the 60 pounds for the standard stick. I did buy a fight pad off a friend and that is much better than the standard 360 controller. I tried out a bunch of characters, I'm not into the charge guys at all. I like Ryu/Ken/Akuma, but i tend to just spam fireballs when i play those three. The character I definitely have a real affinity with so far is Juri. I can do all of her moves, still working on her combos however. The main factor I think is to get those combos down and get my inputs perfect. I always tend to fumble my inputs under the pressure of a matchup. So many times have i gone to do a super, failed and had my arse handed to me. I do feel that I am heading in the right direction though, heres hoping the fruits of my labour will start to pay off soon.
    Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Cramsy

Join the club of scrubbery :)

Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Heartbreak
    @RipperSU said:
    " @MarceloAbans said:
    " @RipperSU:  Get a stick, it'll change the experience of the game greatly. "
    I'm pretty broke at the moment, so I can't afford the 60 pounds for the standard stick. I did buy a fight pad off a friend and that is much better than the standard 360 controller. I tried out a bunch of characters, I'm not into the charge guys at all. I like Ryu/Ken/Akuma, but i tend to just spam fireballs when i play those three. The character I definitely have a real affinity with so far is Juri. I can do all of her moves, still working on her combos however. The main factor I think is to get those combos down and get my inputs perfect. I always tend to fumble my inputs under the pressure of a matchup. So many times have i gone to do a super, failed and had my arse handed to me. I do feel that I am heading in the right direction though, heres hoping the fruits of my labour will start to pay off soon. "
    I find myself playing charge characters more often sometimes because i build up a massive super meter and end up pulling off random supers while attempting to do like a shoryuken.

I'm bad I know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.