Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Super Street Fighter IV (Y/N)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SSF4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SSF4

so, the new street fighter is in the making and capcom have thrown the word 'Super' to the mix. Having done a bit of basic research into the game im hearing mixed reviews. Some people are not at all happy about this game being released as a stand alone title and believe it should be DLC. This is a nice theory, apart from the fact it alienates everyone who doesnt take there gaming online. Although many seem very are excited about the rumours surrounding this release. Brand spanking new characters, with two ultras for each, and the return of the bonus stage. These aspects still seem to be lacking hard evidence. I was interested in who would want to buy this game, is it strictly for the hardcore or could players who havent played since the SNES enjoy this title. Also, I'm interested in what people are amped about in particular.
    Are Capcom doing the right thing releasing this as a stand alone title albiet the promise of it not being full price? 

Over to you

SSF4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SSF4

so, the new street fighter is in the making and capcom have thrown the word 'Super' to the mix. Having done a bit of basic research into the game im hearing mixed reviews. Some people are not at all happy about this game being released as a stand alone title and believe it should be DLC. This is a nice theory, apart from the fact it alienates everyone who doesnt take there gaming online. Although many seem very are excited about the rumours surrounding this release. Brand spanking new characters, with two ultras for each, and the return of the bonus stage. These aspects still seem to be lacking hard evidence. I was interested in who would want to buy this game, is it strictly for the hardcore or could players who havent played since the SNES enjoy this title. Also, I'm interested in what people are amped about in particular.
    Are Capcom doing the right thing releasing this as a stand alone title albiet the promise of it not being full price? 

Over to you

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeffsekai

There have already been over 9000 threads about this, they are putting in way too much content to make it DLC (says capcom but I tend to believe them) and its not going to be full price AND all ur DLC costumes will still work AND there will be no unlocking.

Nothing else needs to be said.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I'm confused according to your name you are are the game. So you should be able to answer that question for me.

SSF4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SSF4
    @Jeffsekai: ok thanks for your opinion
    SSF4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SSF4
    @SpecialBuddy: haha yeah ok, i guess that is a bit confusing. Im just very intrested in peoples opinion of this game. Do tell
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Scooper

I'll buy it for sure. Day one preordered.

They're putting more content then they did for championship, Super and Turbo for SFII and all at around $40 (In the UK I think if I shop around I'll be able to get it for £25 maximum), they're also putting in my favourite character (Dee Jay) and a bit of extra goodness for people who've already for SFIV. It'll be the version of 4 that we'll be playing for a decade to come.

Now if they came out 7 months after Super and said "Hey guys, we got another version next year with more stuff" then I'd get a bit miffed. I'd still buy it. But I'd be miffed.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Stang

I am almost at my Street Fighter breaking point, but there is no doubt I will waste far too much of my life on Super.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#9  Edited By citizenkane

There are already many threads about this topic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.