The Makoto Army!

• 0 results
#1 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

So as soon as I got the game, I decided to hop online to get all those win x times in mode y achievements out of the way. I played about 30 matches, 10 of them were against Makoto. These were not  noob Makoto's either, some of them had 1500+ bp or whatever the character specific points are called. I know it may be premature, but could she be the new Ryu? Personally, I thought I would see a shit ton of Dudley's or Juri's, wrong.....saw 0 Duds and only one Juri.

What character are you guys seeing a lot of at this point? As long as it is not Ryu I guess we should all be happy!

Off topic

Ken trial 17 is simply retarded. End of message.

#2 Edited by dbz1995 (4789 posts) -

I'm saying that it's because you've got the game pretty early, and the other people who've got the game are pretty good players, so they play Makoto.

#3 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@dbz1995 said:
" I'm saying that it's because you've got the game pretty early, and the other people who've got the game are pretty good players, so they play Makoto. "
This. 

Wait till tommorw comes when EVERYONE will have their copy.  
(everyone that matters)
#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @dbz1995 said:
" I'm saying that it's because you've got the game pretty early, and the other people who've got the game are pretty good players, so they play Makoto. "
This.  Wait till tommorw comes when EVERYONE will have their copy.  (everyone that matters) "
Ive had mine since last night! 
#5 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

What does being a good player and using Makoto have to do with one another? That does not make any sense.

#6 Posted by Pessh (2453 posts) -

@Stang said:

" What does being a good player and using Makoto have to do with one another? That does not make any sense. "

One of them plays Blanka and other doesn't even have vanilla, why would you expect something sensible?
#7 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

I thought Makoto was a really tricky character to be good with. Wierd you're seeing alot of them this early.

I'm not seeing any Makotos at all.

sadface

#8 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Pessh said:
"  @Stang said:
" What does being a good player and using Makoto have to do with one another? That does not make any sense. "
 One of them plays Blanka and other doesn't even have vanilla, why would you expect something sensible? "
Hahaha, that was good. +1

@Scooper said:
" I thought Makoto was a really tricky character to be good with. Wierd you're seeing alot of them this early.  I'm not seeing any Makotos at all.       sadface "
That is right, you have to wait an extra few days :( Sorry Scoop. The ass whooping I dish out tonight will be dedicated in your honor, hope that makes you feel better! :p
#9 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

I'm going through Makoto's arcade right now.  Not feeling it.

#10 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -

Lots of duds for me. punchin' through my fireballs :(

#11 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Stang said:
Makoto seems difficult to use because she a lot of weird moves with weird properties. I've never been so confused fighting a character in my life.
#12 Posted by dbz1995 (4789 posts) -
@Stang:  I think that it's because Makoto has a really high learning curve and also wouldn't be a character you think most people would play-as a result, all the people that have the game now want to play as her.
#13 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Napalm: You are confused cause she in new dumbnut. Go read the original post I replied to, he related being good to using Makoto. If you don't see the problem with that then I just don't know sir.
#14 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Stang: I'm just posting my opinion on fighting Makoto.
#15 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Napalm: I know. It will take some time for us to learn what is punishable etc. The first time I fought her I was absolutely mind fucked, I held downback the majority of the first round just to see what kind of shenanigans she was capable of.
#16 Posted by Kumo (124 posts) -

Lots of Makoto players? That's surprising. I still haven't given up on the idea that it'll rain Dudleys (and now maybe Guiles) in the next few days.

#17 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -

I haven't even played against a Makoto yet online.  I'm still seeing a bunch of Ryus and some Kens.    :(        No Sagats yet.    :)

#18 Edited by Heylook (235 posts) -

Ibuki is feeling pretty good right now. Just sayin'.

Mmmmmm, it's good.

-edit-

endless battle is fun too.

I know this isn't a state your opinion about the new game thread but i can't help it.
so good.

#19 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Kumo said:
" Lots of Makoto players? That's surprising. I still haven't given up on the idea that it'll rain Dudleys (and now maybe Guiles) in the next few days. "
You are probably right. As long as it is not Ryu after Ryu, I am fine with that!
#20 Posted by BagManForHire (382 posts) -

i have seen a shit load of ryu's followed by cody.

#21 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1489 posts) -

Oh just make a bloody graph and be done with it.
#22 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

Oh dear, there's too many people playing one character!! I feel so sorry for you. 

I CAN'T EVEN PLAY IT YET!!!

Are your diamond slippers too tight as well? Wallet not big enough for all your 50's?!!!!!

#23 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -
@mubress: Yes.
#24 Posted by Kumo (124 posts) -
@Stang:  As a (possibly former) Ryu player, I agree. :P
#25 Posted by Killroycantkill (1380 posts) -

So far I've been seeing people use a lot of the old chars, not many of the new ones. I've been using Makoto, she's so f-ing weird to use. But her dash punch as mad chip.

#26 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

Maybe its the 3rd strike players that didnt buy vanilla because of the lack of 3rd strikeness. They would be pretty familiar with her moves.

#27 Posted by FLStyle (4538 posts) -
@jaycee13 said:
" Maybe its the 3rd strike players that didnt buy vanilla because of the lack of 3rd strikeness. They would be pretty familiar with her moves. "
Makes sense to me. Plus a lot of flow-charters may not have bothered this time around.
#28 Posted by FalconCritical (224 posts) -

That grab that Makoto has seems to be the launching point for so many serious combos, I was sort of surprised they left it in there considering how brutal it was in the right hands (in 3rd Strike tourneys).

#29 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

Makoto? Makoto is the big thing now? Jesus.

#30 Posted by Flushes (329 posts) -

Makoto is fun, but hard to win with vs. experienced players. She has an obscene amount of dirty comeback potential though, and sometimes it seems like she stuns you in about eight seconds.  I haven't seen more than like... five Makoto players though. You can count me as one I guess, since I like to blow off steam with her in endless battle. I just wish abare tosanami was easier to land.

#31 Posted by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -

I have seen a bunch of makotos and I am one of them. A crappy one, I loved her in 3s.  An usual amount of Adons around for me all doing the wall kick thing which is killing me because I play super RUSHED . 

I got a feeling its going to start raining cody's he has a lot of really safe moves and pretty easy links. 

#32 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Top three characters I've seen: 

Ken 
Ryu 
C.Viper 

Fucking weird, eh? 

I've also fought a good handful of Dudley, and I have found that Juri can rape those muthafuckers pretty hard if they make a mistake...which has been often so far.  My Juri ain't nothing great, but even semi-decent Dudley players that have a grasp on what they are doing have not been much of a challenge. 

In other news, Juri is paper thin for health, but she's an interesting character. 

Also, fuck Ibuki's goddamn dashing grab thingie.  *UGH*  Good thing my charge projectiles have started slowing that shit down...

#33 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

3 days...Only 3 fucking days/

*bites fist*

#34 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

The overwhelming majority of the people i played were Juri, only one Makoto, and they were really good.

#35 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

Mostly Ibuki for me

#36 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -

Lots of Ibukis and Dudleys here.

#37 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11423 posts) -

The Makoto Army? Pishaww. What we really need is a T. Hawkalypse. Imagine scrubs upon scrubs all spamming the hawk dive on each other. Mmmm... delicious manflesh...

#38 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Stang: Idk, but man makoto is damn fun. 

And the game seems pretty balanced. 

Side note: If I randomly invited any GB members, me and some friends were trying to fill the last spot on endless and didnt want a random XBL user.
#39 Posted by Pathogenocide (76 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater said:
" The Makoto Army? Pishaww. What we really need is a T. Hawkalypse. Imagine scrubs upon scrubs all spamming the hawk dive on each other. Mmmm... delicious manflesh... "
Yes! The the coming of a new dawn, a stereotyping of native americans, new dawn. 
#40 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -

Well maybe they're just 3S players who decided they want to move on. I know I'm gonna be playing Makoto if she's anything like her 3S incarnation. 

#41 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

T.Hawk is the new flowchart

#42 Edited by Renahzor (987 posts) -

I played mostly very late last night, to get my 10 wins.  It was almost all Juri & Makoto.  Toss in 2 Chuns and a Cammy mirror (fucking UGHGgghhhgGGhGHh), and those were my 11 matches (lost one and won the next 10, not shabby)!  Makoto seems to have it very very rough once you score a KD with Cammy, I'm waiting for someone who knows their shit to rip me apart with her, she seems interesting but very different from the normal SF4 "style" of fighters. 

@Jeffsekai:
Yeah, I hate that bastard already.  :P  LOL

#43 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I'm also going to say its probably people who migrated from 3rd Strike. 

Two more days...

#44 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -

I wasn't able to get a whole lot of matches in, but a good 3 of the 7 matches I had were against Ibuki's. Luckly, they can't stand up to my Blanka or my new found love: Hakan.

#45 Posted by ElegantRuby (516 posts) -

I'm still debating on picking this one up.  I loved Adon in Alpha, but...I don't know about getting into Street Fighter all over again...  

#46 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -
@ElegantRuby said:
"I'm still debating on picking this one up.  I loved Adon in Alpha, but...I don't know about getting into Street Fighter all over again...   "

I'm in the same state of mind. Just switch Adon with Dan ;P. 

It's a great deal considering the price, and it's a sure way to be able to game with alot of the GB community.
#47 Posted by Baillie (4025 posts) -

I'm currently on my way into town to buy this. I'll be maining Ken. Unless one of the new guys peaks my interest!

#48 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@Baillie said:
" I'm currently on my way into town to buy this. I'll be maining Ken. Unless one of the new guys peaks my interest! "
Good luck. I didn't think any places were selling it early. Please post back if you're successful.
#49 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" T.Hawk is the new flowchart "
First off no.

Second everyone knows that Cody is the new flowchart. Makoto is too complicated to be the new Ken.
#50 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

You guys are all idiots.  Everyone is the new flowchart.  You know that character you're using?  Yep, them too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.