Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

The post-fight messenger

jjbiggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jjbiggs

Who's guilty of it? Who hates it? Personally, the only thing I'll message someone after a game is "gg". Some people need to give you every excuse in the world why they lost. Others need to tell you how amazing they are and how much you suck. Why waste the time people? Just cause we played a game of Street Fighter together doesn't mean I want to talk to you.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

The only time it's acceptable to shit talk to the loser of a match is if you were playing Marvel vs. Capcom and they were using a bullshit team with any combination of Magneto, Storm, and Sentinel on it.

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Noodles
    @Make_Me_Mad said:

" The only time it's acceptable to shit talk the loser of a match is if you were playing Marvel vs. Capcom and they're using a team with any combination of Magneto, Storm, and Sentinel on it. "

No. You're part of the problem.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @Noodles:
    Anyone who uses god awfully broken teams and assists like Doom/Strider and Sentinal/Storm/Magneto are the problem.  Marvel vs. Capcom is barely a game with all the crap they use online.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By benpack

I'll message "gg" to someone if I happen to play them a few times in a row and have some really good games with them. Or if they taunt multiple times and still lose.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By lordofultima
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " @Noodles:Anyone who uses god awfully broken teams and assists like Doom/Strider and Sentinal/Storm/Magneto are the problem.  Marvel vs. Capcom is barely a game with all the crap they use online. "
    Barely a game, yet that's exactly the teams used in professional play for the last 10 years...
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " @Noodles:Anyone who uses god awfully broken teams and assists like Doom/Strider and Sentinal/Storm/Magneto are the problem.  Marvel vs. Capcom is barely a game with all the crap they use online. "
    Barely a game, yet that's exactly the teams used in professional play for the last 10 years... "
    Considering my undying hatred of professional Marvel vs. Capcom gameplay, yeah, that seems about right.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Jack268
    I never message people with hatemail and that shit. It's my fault if I lose and I have no reason to project my hate on them. If you message anything negative about someone after beating them, you're pretty much a dick as well. 

It's kind of sad to get so much hate mail after trolling with el fuerte though. I'm just trying to do dat RSF man :(
    Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Gilsham

yeah if we play a few matches in which I didn't get spanked every time I message them 'good game's =D' or something similar

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @Jack268:
    Technically, if you're trolling as El Fuerte, then the hate mail means you're succeeding doesn't it?  And to be clear, I don't even play fighting games online anymore, so as to better avoid the temptation to gripe at someone.
    hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By hansolol
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    "broken teams and assists "

Well that gets back to the old argument about playing to win.  It's hard to get mad at someone for trying to win with all the tools available to them.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @Hansolol:
    I was always on the "fun" side of that argument.  Most fights were worth it provided I could get a Shuma Gorath hyper combo into someone's face before the end.  It just got to the point where pretty much everyone was using sentinel teams online constantly, though, and at a certain point the game just stops being fun thanks to things like that.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " The only time it's acceptable to shit talk to the loser of a match is if you were playing Marvel vs. Capcom and they were using a bullshit team with any combination of Magneto, Storm, and Sentinel on it. "
    So you're a little bitch who can't deal? awesome.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By animateria

Got a gg once... 

Only the players that lose to me sent me an invite though... Never accepted them. 

I'd rather play someone who can beat me.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By AndrewJD

I GG people on a semi-regular basis.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I noticed online playing El Fuerte you dont get many hate messages. I personally didnt get any because once I hit them with a 8 hit RSF loop they get real scared real quick.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I send GGs, or something to that effect, quite often.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ricetopher

I never send or have received any post-fight messages, but my goal in MvC3 is to get as much hate-mail as possible, even if it means playing Sentinel.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By lordofultima
    @Make_Me_Mad: To me, high level competitive play and the insane amount of hype and money matches IS the reason to enjoy MVC2. Without that...the game kinda sucks. Let's be honest.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @lordofultima:
    I'm stuck with pretty much the opposite opinion of the game.  Only way it seems worth playing is to pick a crazy character combination and have fun with some people you know- all the high level tournaments with constant assist attacks, the same few top tier characters and commentators screaming over each other turns my stomach.
    Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By Bravestar

I thought about messaging a dude, who only used sweeps and hurricane kicks(give him the advice to use shoryukens), but then I didn't. He had some BP so I guess it worked for him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.