Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Tips for fighting Ryu, Ken, and Akuma.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Belonpopo

I main Sakura, I know she is in in lower tier of fighters but I'm too deep into the learning process to back out now. As you know she is a Shoto which makes her easy to pick up and play, her biggest advantage on the battlefield is that she can punish almost anything with her crouching fierce punch(shorthand for that?) and her crouching medium kick. Almost anything, I have been having no luck against  other Shotos such as Ken and Akuma. I can punish their hurricane kicks with a crouching fierce punch, but I can't find a punich against close range fireballs and Ken's SRK. Any help would be appreciated. 

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jaycee13

If Ken's srk is too fast for you to punish with crouching fierce why dont you use crouching jab, it links into crouching fierce. For close range fireballs you could use her focus attack which travels pretty far so you can absorb the hit and get a crumple.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lilbigsupermario

It's actually easier if you bait the srk than punishing it ahead of time.  After he throws the shoryuken, link the crouching jab, then crouching fierce punch then EX tatsu with the jump smash thingy. 

Actually, utilize sakura's focus attack since it has a really good range, then punish.  Most of the sakuras I've played online really make use of her focus attack and her tatsu, varied from short to EX.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Pessh

Sure, works....against bad players

Winfhern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Winfhern

dont  jump at a shoto you will eat a shoryuken

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.