Tokido - Godlike.

#1 Posted by Baillie (4704 posts) -

No Caption Provided
Shoryuken got a picture from a different angle. It's not as awesome as I first hoped. Still though, what a hero.
#2 Posted by ThePinkKnight (27 posts) -

At first I was like, "Man, he's just gonna walk away? What a poor sport."  

Then ^that^ happened, and it was glorious. 

#3 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

That was the best thing ever.  I wonder what hes gonna do next.

#4 Posted by Zero_ (2039 posts) -

Ah.... what's going on?

#5 Posted by Wunder_ (1205 posts) -
@Zero_ said:
" Ah.... what's going on? "
#6 Edited by gosukiller (2340 posts) -
@Zero_:@Wunder_: When landing the Raging Demon for victory against Clakey D, Tokido got up and stood in front of the projector. His pose mimiced the pose that Akuma makes when finishing the Raging Demon.
#7 Posted by hansolol (712 posts) -

SCR was without a doubt the most exciting tournament this year.  There were so many amazing moments.  This totally makes up for EVO, which was a bit of a snore this year.

#8 Posted by Damodar (1961 posts) -

Tokido doing that was amazing, but Valle vs Daigo was SO godlike.

#9 Posted by NinjaHunter (1003 posts) -

I'm so glad someone got a picture of that.

#10 Posted by Jeffsekai (7159 posts) -

Fuck me for missing this :(. 

#11 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1504 posts) -

It was a classic moment. I think he earned himself a lot of new fans over the course of the weekend.
#12 Posted by Jack268 (3370 posts) -

Better view
#13 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -

Best moment of NCR by far. Made staying up to watch it so worthwhile. Some of the best matches ever played at a tournament in that top 8 last night. It feels like every suddenly leveled up.

#14 Posted by AURON570 (1778 posts) -

the new daigo parry video? it was pretty awesome watching that live. Tokido looked so serious, then it was OHHH SHHH, it was so great.

#15 Posted by JJOR64 (19681 posts) -

Tokido is gatlike.

#16 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6405 posts) -

天

#17 Posted by AndrewJD (1586 posts) -
@AURON570 said:
" the new daigo parry video? it was pretty awesome watching that live. Tokido looked so serious, then it was OHHH SHHH, it was so great. "
Not sure it can surpass that level of HYPE! but it was pretty damn good :)
#18 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1182 posts) -

Is this spam?  

Ultima!  

Verdict! 

#19 Posted by ESREVER (2887 posts) -
@Damodar: I had to step away from the stream when that match happened. I haven't been able to find a video of it yet. All I keep hearing is how epic it was. Where can I watch this match?!
#20 Posted by gosukiller (2340 posts) -
@ESREVER: Go to Ustream and look for the lvlup channel. It's in the newest recording.
#21 Posted by ESREVER (2887 posts) -
#22 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Shit like this is why I love Street Fighter tournaments so much.

#23 Edited by StaticFalconar (4918 posts) -

Oh, for the record, Tokido had taunted against Justin Wong many times before eliminating him from the tourny, but of course only Marn gets hate for doing the same thing. Damn Anti-Americanism.  

Tokido being more Godlike and pulling a Marn @ 3:45
#24 Posted by demontium (5084 posts) -

AEPIC

#25 Posted by lordofultima (6581 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy said:
" Is this spam?   Ultima!   Verdict!  "
UUUHHHHH. I'm OLD, MY NAME IS GEN. 

My award-winning Gen impersonation, so no -- this can't possibly be spam anymore.
#26 Posted by CL60 (17117 posts) -

That's awesome.

#27 Posted by GlenTennis (3272 posts) -

This is why pro Street Fighter players are the best and worst people ever.

#28 Posted by 234r2we232 (3175 posts) -

I guess there are nerdier things to do at a video game tournament :) Did he wield a lightsaber at all?

#29 Edited by lordofultima (6581 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart said:

" I guess there are nerdier things to do at a video game tournament :) Did he wield a lightsaber at all? "

Hmm, nerdy? I pretty much took it as the most alpha male thing you could possibly do, other than maybe ripping his shirt off and exposing a giant tattoo of the akuma symbol.
#30 Edited by FourWude (2274 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:

" Oh, for the record, Tokido had taunted against Justin Wong many times before eliminating him from the tourny, but of course only Marn gets hate for doing the same thing. Damn Anti-Americanism.  

Marn gets hate for being a fat slob who likes to show off a bit too much. And I'm sure he's like part-Filipino anyway. And Justin gets hate for being at the top of the tree.
#31 Posted by SuperEvilDOOM (32 posts) -

That was hilarious and awesome. But yeah, whoever said Marn gets hate for the same thing is right. Marn and Tokido are charismatic. Lots of players have a language barrier and lots of people like to think that the Japanese are some kind of methodical and insanely traditional and respective culture. Everyone's the same, they're gamers just trying to have fun. Tokido taunting like that is no different than when most American players do it, and he and Justin Wong are friendly with each other all the time.

#32 Edited by gosukiller (2340 posts) -
@SuperEvilDOOM: If there is anything I've learned from listening to everyone who goes to these events, it's that the only people who take offense to stuff like Taunting and shit-talking are the people WHO AREN'T EVEN THERE. Streammonsters, if you will. The atmosphere is way too good for people to be seriously salty.
#33 Posted by dbz1995 (4961 posts) -

My fingers are covered in choocolate yet I must express how awesome that was on the internet.

Edit: Taste test confirms it is actually ink. Hmm.

#34 Posted by JJOR64 (19681 posts) -

Just found this amazing image and I thought I would just post it in here since it's all about Tokido being gatlike.

No Caption Provided
#35 Posted by OmegaPirate (5642 posts) -

Holy shit that was incredible!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.