Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Ultimate Street Fighter

Idyce88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Idyce88

IMPO they should make what i like to think of as an "Ultimate Street Fighter" like their version of TTT 2; so basically it is non canon storyline wise and is just a huge compilation of ALL the characters that have ever been in Street Fighter...cause if there is one thing i am sick of over the years of palying Street Fighter games (as much as i love them) it is how u can never get just one game and enjoy it fulyl cause there isn't a single game with all the characters (like MK Armageddon or TTT 2). So fo the sheer sake of enjoying online and offline gameplay with friends and being able to be whoever you like...ULTIMATE STREET FIGHTER !!!...78 characters: Ryu, Ken, E. Honda, Chun Li, Guile, Charlie, Dhalsim, Blanka, Zangief, Sakura, Vega, Balrog, Birdie, M.Bison, Sagat, Fei Long, Rose, Cammy/ Killer Bee, Dan, Gen, Dee Jay, Adon, Shin, Dudley, Ibuki, Guy, Cody, Makoto, Yun Lee, Yang Lee, Hackan, Juri, Rufus, C.Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, Elena, Hugo, Poison, Rolento, Sean, Alex, Ingrid, R.Mika, Oro, Kairi, Hokuto, Pullum, Darun, Skullomania, Doctrine Dark, Cracker Jack, Blair, Vulcanno Rosso, Sharon, Juli, T.Hawk, Juni, Allen, Maki, Noembelu, Ace, Nanase, Area, Remy, Evil Ryu (unlock), Seth (unlock), Akuma (unlock), Gouken (unlock), Garuda (unlock), Q (unlock), Twelve (unlock), Necro (unlock), Shadowgeist (unlock), Urien (unlock), Gill (unlock), Oni (unlock).

before anyone asks 'where the hell is shin akuma' i'll tell u what the makers of street fighter said, Oni was created to replace him, Oni represents what Akuma will become if he COMPLETLEY succumbs to the demonic evil inside him. every character above has appeared in one street fighter game or another...it is time they stopped making games of small numbers of characters i mean seriously tekken can outrank them...they need an ULTIMATE game designed purely for game play fun like TTT 2.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Scooper

You know how impossible it is to balance all those characters with each other, how many man hours it would take to model each character and create animations, frame data, supers, ultras, costumes ect? Not to mention the development time and costs.

If you want all characters play Mugen or something

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sooty

TTT2 has 59 playable characters (41 arcade version) with quite a few being more or less identical (Eddy, Tiger, Christie, Slim Bob, as a few examples), SSFIV AE has 39 that are all unique with their own move sets and properties, so that's pretty comparable if you ask me.

Akuma will never go away either, he is a staple to that series like Ryu.

It'd be cool having a game that brings together all of the history but I do think AE has pretty much the best roster of any fighting game so far, just a shame Urien didn't make it in. Would love to see aegis reflector in the AE engine.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

We really need more identical fighting games just with more characters.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I just want another game with the Alpha characters in it again. Mainly Karen. I heard Capcom lacks the rights to her so they can't right now.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mesoian

@Idyce88 said:

IMPO they should make what i like to think of as an "Ultimate Street Fighter" like their version of TTT 2; so basically it is non canon storyline wise and is just a huge compilation of ALL the characters that have ever been in Street Fighter...cause if there is one thing i am sick of over the years of palying Street Fighter games (as much as i love them) it is how u can never get just one game and enjoy it fulyl cause there isn't a single game with all the characters (like MK Armageddon or TTT 2). So fo the sheer sake of enjoying online and offline gameplay with friends and being able to be whoever you like...ULTIMATE STREET FIGHTER !!!...78 characters: Ryu, Ken, E. Honda, Chun Li, Guile, Charlie, Dhalsim, Blanka, Zangief, Sakura, Vega, Balrog, Birdie, M.Bison, Sagat, Fei Long, Rose, Cammy/ Killer Bee, Dan, Gen, Dee Jay, Adon, Shin, Dudley, Ibuki, Guy, Cody, Makoto, Yun Lee, Yang Lee, Hackan, Juri, Rufus, C.Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, Elena, Hugo, Poison, Rolento, Sean, Alex, Ingrid, R.Mika, Oro, Kairi, Hokuto, Pullum, Darun, Skullomania, Doctrine Dark, Cracker Jack, Blair, Vulcanno Rosso, Sharon, Juli, T.Hawk, Juni, Allen, Maki, Noembelu, Ace, Nanase, Area, Remy, Evil Ryu (unlock), Seth (unlock), Akuma (unlock), Gouken (unlock), Garuda (unlock), Q (unlock), Twelve (unlock), Necro (unlock), Shadowgeist (unlock), Urien (unlock), Gill (unlock), Oni (unlock).

before anyone asks 'where the hell is shin akuma' i'll tell u what the makers of street fighter said, Oni was created to replace him, Oni represents what Akuma will become if he COMPLETLEY succumbs to the demonic evil inside him. every character above has appeared in one street fighter game or another...it is time they stopped making games of small numbers of characters i mean seriously tekken can outrank them...they need an ULTIMATE game designed purely for game play fun like TTT 2.

So you want alpha 3?

Plus, if it's not going to be balanced, which this idea cannot be, it's not worth playing.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By McGhee

Why 78 characters? We all know you'll pick Ken anyway.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By psylah

@McGhee said:

Why 78 characters? We all know you'll pick Ken anyway.

So many goddamn Kens and Ryus...

yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By yates

I'd like to see them go the other way with the next Street Fighter and have less characters. I'd rather they focus their time making the characters fun to play and well balanced.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By FLStyle

I suspect Street Fighter V would be more worthwhile but for now they're better off not angering anymore people about constant releases.

The way forward until 2014/2015, at the very least the next-gen consoles, is to continue releasing free balance patches for AE, UMvC3 and X Tekken.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idyce88 Yoshinori Ono (producer of SF4 series) has hinted recently that he'd like to do an Alpha 4, which would be cool. For me personally, I'm not really in favor of throwing everything but the kitchen sink at one title. I like it when each series has its own distinctive flavor.

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

The problem with tons of characters is that you still, in the end, feel like there's only 10 maybe viable characters. It always feels stuffed with fluff characters, not matter the size of the roster. Not to say that there shouldn't be a good amount, but I feel like SFIVAE has a pretty good amount without being to over-size. I'd take a balanced smaller roster over a imbalanced larger roster any day.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what game would be cool?

Darkstalkers IV.

Yep. Sure would be.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By C2C

Darkstalkers IV.

Yep. Sure would be.

You know, a couple of years ago I would all over that too. I just have no faith in Capcom after all the bunk that fans had to go through with UMvC3 and Street Fighter x Tekken. That and Darkstalkers 3 is just such a tough act to follow.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sfxt was a joke .. but umvc3 is more popular than ever

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@c2c said:

@morbid_coffee said:

Darkstalkers IV.

Yep. Sure would be.

You know, a couple of years ago I would all over that too. I just have no faith in Capcom after all the bunk that fans had to go through with UMvC3 and Street Fighter x Tekken. That and Darkstalkers 3 is just such a tough act to follow.

At least with next gen on the horizon they have one less excuse for why there is no new Darkstalkers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.