Ultimate Street Fighter

#1 Posted by Idyce88 (1 posts) -

IMPO they should make what i like to think of as an "Ultimate Street Fighter" like their version of TTT 2; so basically it is non canon storyline wise and is just a huge compilation of ALL the characters that have ever been in Street Fighter...cause if there is one thing i am sick of over the years of palying Street Fighter games (as much as i love them) it is how u can never get just one game and enjoy it fulyl cause there isn't a single game with all the characters (like MK Armageddon or TTT 2). So fo the sheer sake of enjoying online and offline gameplay with friends and being able to be whoever you like...ULTIMATE STREET FIGHTER !!!...78 characters: Ryu, Ken, E. Honda, Chun Li, Guile, Charlie, Dhalsim, Blanka, Zangief, Sakura, Vega, Balrog, Birdie, M.Bison, Sagat, Fei Long, Rose, Cammy/ Killer Bee, Dan, Gen, Dee Jay, Adon, Shin, Dudley, Ibuki, Guy, Cody, Makoto, Yun Lee, Yang Lee, Hackan, Juri, Rufus, C.Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, Elena, Hugo, Poison, Rolento, Sean, Alex, Ingrid, R.Mika, Oro, Kairi, Hokuto, Pullum, Darun, Skullomania, Doctrine Dark, Cracker Jack, Blair, Vulcanno Rosso, Sharon, Juli, T.Hawk, Juni, Allen, Maki, Noembelu, Ace, Nanase, Area, Remy, Evil Ryu (unlock), Seth (unlock), Akuma (unlock), Gouken (unlock), Garuda (unlock), Q (unlock), Twelve (unlock), Necro (unlock), Shadowgeist (unlock), Urien (unlock), Gill (unlock), Oni (unlock).

before anyone asks 'where the hell is shin akuma' i'll tell u what the makers of street fighter said, Oni was created to replace him, Oni represents what Akuma will become if he COMPLETLEY succumbs to the demonic evil inside him. every character above has appeared in one street fighter game or another...it is time they stopped making games of small numbers of characters i mean seriously tekken can outrank them...they need an ULTIMATE game designed purely for game play fun like TTT 2.

#2 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

You know how impossible it is to balance all those characters with each other, how many man hours it would take to model each character and create animations, frame data, supers, ultras, costumes ect? Not to mention the development time and costs.

If you want all characters play Mugen or something

#3 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

TTT2 has 59 playable characters (41 arcade version) with quite a few being more or less identical (Eddy, Tiger, Christie, Slim Bob, as a few examples), SSFIV AE has 39 that are all unique with their own move sets and properties, so that's pretty comparable if you ask me.

Akuma will never go away either, he is a staple to that series like Ryu.

It'd be cool having a game that brings together all of the history but I do think AE has pretty much the best roster of any fighting game so far, just a shame Urien didn't make it in. Would love to see aegis reflector in the AE engine.

#4 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5338 posts) -

We really need more identical fighting games just with more characters.

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I just want another game with the Alpha characters in it again. Mainly Karen. I heard Capcom lacks the rights to her so they can't right now.

#6 Edited by Mesoian (1572 posts) -

@Idyce88 said:

IMPO they should make what i like to think of as an "Ultimate Street Fighter" like their version of TTT 2; so basically it is non canon storyline wise and is just a huge compilation of ALL the characters that have ever been in Street Fighter...cause if there is one thing i am sick of over the years of palying Street Fighter games (as much as i love them) it is how u can never get just one game and enjoy it fulyl cause there isn't a single game with all the characters (like MK Armageddon or TTT 2). So fo the sheer sake of enjoying online and offline gameplay with friends and being able to be whoever you like...ULTIMATE STREET FIGHTER !!!...78 characters: Ryu, Ken, E. Honda, Chun Li, Guile, Charlie, Dhalsim, Blanka, Zangief, Sakura, Vega, Balrog, Birdie, M.Bison, Sagat, Fei Long, Rose, Cammy/ Killer Bee, Dan, Gen, Dee Jay, Adon, Shin, Dudley, Ibuki, Guy, Cody, Makoto, Yun Lee, Yang Lee, Hackan, Juri, Rufus, C.Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, Elena, Hugo, Poison, Rolento, Sean, Alex, Ingrid, R.Mika, Oro, Kairi, Hokuto, Pullum, Darun, Skullomania, Doctrine Dark, Cracker Jack, Blair, Vulcanno Rosso, Sharon, Juli, T.Hawk, Juni, Allen, Maki, Noembelu, Ace, Nanase, Area, Remy, Evil Ryu (unlock), Seth (unlock), Akuma (unlock), Gouken (unlock), Garuda (unlock), Q (unlock), Twelve (unlock), Necro (unlock), Shadowgeist (unlock), Urien (unlock), Gill (unlock), Oni (unlock).

before anyone asks 'where the hell is shin akuma' i'll tell u what the makers of street fighter said, Oni was created to replace him, Oni represents what Akuma will become if he COMPLETLEY succumbs to the demonic evil inside him. every character above has appeared in one street fighter game or another...it is time they stopped making games of small numbers of characters i mean seriously tekken can outrank them...they need an ULTIMATE game designed purely for game play fun like TTT 2.

So you want alpha 3?

Plus, if it's not going to be balanced, which this idea cannot be, it's not worth playing.

#7 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Why 78 characters? We all know you'll pick Ken anyway.

#8 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

@McGhee said:

Why 78 characters? We all know you'll pick Ken anyway.

So many goddamn Kens and Ryus...

#9 Posted by yates (378 posts) -

I'd like to see them go the other way with the next Street Fighter and have less characters. I'd rather they focus their time making the characters fun to play and well balanced.

#10 Edited by FLStyle (4577 posts) -

I suspect Street Fighter V would be more worthwhile but for now they're better off not angering anymore people about constant releases.

The way forward until 2014/2015, at the very least the next-gen consoles, is to continue releasing free balance patches for AE, UMvC3 and X Tekken.

#11 Posted by Hippie_Genocide (537 posts) -

@idyce88 Yoshinori Ono (producer of SF4 series) has hinted recently that he'd like to do an Alpha 4, which would be cool. For me personally, I'm not really in favor of throwing everything but the kitchen sink at one title. I like it when each series has its own distinctive flavor.

#12 Posted by misterpope (379 posts) -

The problem with tons of characters is that you still, in the end, feel like there's only 10 maybe viable characters. It always feels stuffed with fluff characters, not matter the size of the roster. Not to say that there shouldn't be a good amount, but I feel like SFIVAE has a pretty good amount without being to over-size. I'd take a balanced smaller roster over a imbalanced larger roster any day.

#13 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

You know what game would be cool?

Darkstalkers IV.

Yep. Sure would be.

#14 Edited by C2C (855 posts) -

Darkstalkers IV.

Yep. Sure would be.

You know, a couple of years ago I would all over that too. I just have no faith in Capcom after all the bunk that fans had to go through with UMvC3 and Street Fighter x Tekken. That and Darkstalkers 3 is just such a tough act to follow.

#15 Posted by envane (1159 posts) -

sfxt was a joke .. but umvc3 is more popular than ever

#16 Posted by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

@c2c said:

@morbid_coffee said:

Darkstalkers IV.

Yep. Sure would be.

You know, a couple of years ago I would all over that too. I just have no faith in Capcom after all the bunk that fans had to go through with UMvC3 and Street Fighter x Tekken. That and Darkstalkers 3 is just such a tough act to follow.

At least with next gen on the horizon they have one less excuse for why there is no new Darkstalkers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.