Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Who is your best guy and who do you still hate?

• 94 results
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sarkhan

After AE, who is your(personal) best guy and who do you still hate fighting? 

My mains are C.Viper and Deejay. I love the buffs for DJ, C.viper? She is still awsome :) But in my little world, dj got a insane buff with a air "profile" with ex kicks. Helped alot:)  

So, to sum up^^ Dj, C. Viper, and if i may. I  have a love for chun Li stil l:) 

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ShockD

I like Abel. He's got some great combos and stuff. Just got used to his fighting style from the very beginning.

I don't really hate anybody. Probably Seth? :P

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

I main Dhalsim, and I hate Cammy.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sarkhan

Hehe, Seth is a hate person. and i will join on that. But he lost his "snipe" now in AE. So it's better. I like Able aswell, but i just don't have the skill to pull him off. really wish i could though.

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jaycee13

My best guy is probably Vega (Claw) as people often complain about how annoying mine is. I also play Sakura and Dudley at a somewhat respectable level and am in the process of learning Yang.  I really hate fighting T.Hawk because he's so damn big and scary and M.Bison because all the characters I play have a really hard time with him.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sarkhan
    @CL60 said:
    I main Dhalsim, and I hate Cammy.
    I have a hate/love thingy with cammy. I love her as a character, and i love her when i play her. But my fucking god, when skilled players play cammy against me? I hate her^^ Sim? always semi hated him, as he's "easy" to beat, but i lack the patience :S  

But i give you huge love for maining sim:) Not sticking to the "easy mode" characters:)
    cheebaking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cheebaking

I love good old Rose but i have to keep reminding myself that her Ultra 2 can be hit out easily now. I like my T. Hawk for funsies.

As for hate, the list is far too long these days. Bison seems to be my worst match up. Even a bad Bison can destroy me easily.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Yang is such good fun! He was my favourite in 3rd strike and I am still just as good with him it's a shame everyone is so mad they are so OP :< 
    I'll admit DeeJay's boosts are crazy to fight against. 
    Makoto's boosts are great she is just like 3rd strike again! 
    Honda's nerfs make me sad :<

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Kyreo

@antikorper said:

I like Abel. He's got some great combos and stuff. Just got used to his fighting style from the very beginning. I don't really hate anybody. Probably Seth? :P

You and I will get along JUUUST fine. :]

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Doctorchimp

Cody's ruffian kick is a god send, but man Sagat is really impressive again. I dropped Balrog (boxer) though, I was just getting tired of charging and the same combos it's been 2 years...

I'm also trying to relearn Yun to get really good with him or at least where I was with him on 3rd strike, can't wait until the summer where I can switch between AE and 3rd Strike with the same dude. I'm leaning towards maining Sagat though, really love the zoning with him again along with the quick combos that hit hard. 

I don't really hate anyone.....except dhalsim and blanka...and sakura

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sarkhan
    @cheebaking said:

I love good old Rose but i have to keep reminding myself that her Ultra 2 can be hit out easily now. I like my T. Hawk for funsies.

As for hate, the list is far too long these days. Bison seems to be my worst match up. Even a bad Bison can destroy me easily.

If i may? I hate rose,adon,Hakan and juri! My bison is at 5023(i know, not great) but i love playing bison. but/and yes, bison is hard to fight. But Rose is a hate person for me. I love the character, and i really wish i could play her, but i can't, and from that i hate her^^  

But; how is she in ae? I'v yet to actually meet a rose in ae :) Buffs or shunts?
    ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShockD

Rose is my favorite female character since Street Fighter 3 Alpha. Has the best punches ever.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sarkhan

Yes. She is soo good! But then again. I cant play her for shit:S I still hold love for Juri,bison and DJ. though, kids(just a thing to say) get's mad when i beat them with chun :)

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Pessh

Dudley but I'm thinking of going back to Chun, Rog, or maybe starting fresh with Sagat, Oni or Yun. Can't take playing this low tier bs anymore.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sarkhan
    @Pessh said:
    Dudley but I'm thinking of going back to Chun, Rog, or maybe starting fresh with Sagat, Oni or Yun. Can't take playing this low tier bs anymore.
    If you go back to Dudly? I'll love you forever. I fucking hate playing dudly on stick. YES! i can't! But i ALWAYS! respect third tier players. the play for the fun, for the game, for what they can do. and i love and respect them :)
    ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShockD

Juri Han also seems like an awesome character, yet I don't have Super Street Fighter so... I can only regret.

Kids will get mad no matter who you beat them with. I suck myself so I avoid online matches ]:D

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sarkhan
    @antikorper: As said in pm my friend. Nick, and i will play you. get into the game:) 

But yes, kids will get mad, but tbh....can't see a "kid rage" yet. really good replys so far :)
    ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShockD

Ah, I don't have it currently installed, but thanks for the invite.

No need to waste your time with me anyway, I can't even beat the AI at highest difficulty. Except with Dhalsim and his looong arms who are like ranged attack.

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By VicRattlehead

@Pessh: did chun get mad buffs? i ran into more chuns this afternoon in ranked than i ever did in super

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sarkhan
    @VicRattlehead said:

@Pessh: did chun get mad buffs? i ran into more chuns this afternoon in ranked than i ever did in super

I know you didn't adress me, but^^ 

chun actually didn't get any debuff(for count) so she can still go on and destry you if you had problems before:)
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ken, without a doubt. I just love the way that dude plays. Versatile as hell and just loose as can be. 

I can't believe they gave him a meterless untechable KD. Mix-ups and safe jumps for days! Currently loving Oni. He has some crazy powerful combos and some really, really great pokes.

Hate? Used to be Balrog, but I feel like I have that tied up now. I'm really not keen on fighting Ibuki or Juri. Half the time I pre-empt something I can't stop it anyway. 

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sarkhan
    @GetEveryone said:
    Ken, without a doubt. I just love the way that dude plays. Versatile as hell and just loose as can be.   I can't believe they gave him a meterless untechable KD. Mix-ups and safe jumps for days! Currently loving Oni. He has some crazy powerful combos and some really, really great pokes. Hate? Used to be Balrog, but I feel like I have that tied up now. I'm really not keen on fighting Ibuki or Juri. Half the time I pre-empt something I can't stop it anyway. 
    I hate Ken :s didn't say before cause.... honest? I forgot.... lol. I hate Ken. again, I FUCKING!!!!!!!!!!!! hate Ken! Spam shor(no skill) confirm hits, still 3-2 hits after non con, then it's actually confirmed again(i know) I always see ken's, ryu's, akuma's as no skill. Its all the same rotation, and with AE, it all in benefit to them. sad, i know, but true :S I love my c/d characters. The day you see me playing a shoto/b/a charater is the day i play and leave it all together :)
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pessh
    @VicRattlehead said:

Pretty much the same, df lk (the flip AA) got a little slower and smaller hitbox but thats it.
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sarkhan
    @Pessh said:
    @VicRattlehead said:

Pretty much the same, df lk (the flip AA) got a little slower and smaller hitbox but thats it.
    Ah, yes. It's abit slower. If your about 25/3000* Person, you know the response. Other than that? C.lp to ST.mp and hard p. Still insane(for those who actually have links online <3 (yes, i love you guys^^"
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By VicRattlehead

@Vortexus1981: @Pessh: must just be that god like alpha costume

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pessh
    @VicRattlehead: Yeah her and Rog always get dope costumes
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sarkhan
    @VicRattlehead said:

@Vortexus1981: @Pessh: must just be that god like alpha costume

Hehe^^ 
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By BoG

My favorite gal is Chun-Li. I'm a huge fan of spinning bird kicks and kikoukens. 
    I have always been frustrated by Cammy, but I especially dislike Gouken and Akuma. Double hadokens? It's just not fair.
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sarkhan
    @BoG said:

My favorite gal is Chun-Li. I'm a huge fan of spinning bird kicks and kikoukens. I have always been frustrated by Cammy, but I especially dislike Gouken and Akuma. Double hadokens? It's just not fair.
    They are when you know your opponent. if not? It's hard :)
    Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
    @Vortexus1981 said:
    @Pessh said:
    @VicRattlehead said:

Ah, yes. It's abit slower. If your about 25/3000* Person, you know the response. Other than that? C.lp to ST.mp and hard p. Still insane(for those who actually have links online <3 (yes, i love you guys^^"
    Her U1 was changed a bit as well, some characters fall out of the corner juggles during the animation :( 

I mess around with Chun and Ryu, because I like to press buttons all day.  

I don't like fighting Gief or Hawk because they're so big. I'm having a bit of trouble with Oni at the minute, but that's probably just because I'm not used to him yet. 
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BoG
    @Vortexus1981 said:
    @BoG said:

My favorite gal is Chun-Li. I'm a huge fan of spinning bird kicks and kikoukens. I have always been frustrated by Cammy, but I especially dislike Gouken and Akuma. Double hadokens? It's just not fair.
    They are when you know your opponent. if not? It's hard :)

Or if you just suck. That doesn't help.
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sarkhan
    @TheLegendofLuke said:
    @Vortexus1981 said:
    @Pessh said:
    @VicRattlehead said:

Her U1 was changed a bit as well, some characters fall out of the corner juggles during the animation :(  I mess around with Chun and Ryu, because I like to press buttons all day.   I don't like fighting Gief or Hawk because they're so big. I'm having a bit of trouble with Oni at the minute, but that's probably just because I'm not used to him yet. 
    Really? Is it the fat guys? zan/sagat,hakan, and so on?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vortexus1981 said:
    @GetEveryone said:
    Ken, without a doubt. I just love the way that dude plays. Versatile as hell and just loose as can be.   I can't believe they gave him a meterless untechable KD. Mix-ups and safe jumps for days! Currently loving Oni. He has some crazy powerful combos and some really, really great pokes. Hate? Used to be Balrog, but I feel like I have that tied up now. I'm really not keen on fighting Ibuki or Juri. Half the time I pre-empt something I can't stop it anyway. 
    I hate Ken :s didn't say before cause.... honest? I forgot.... lol. I hate Ken. again, I FUCKING!!!!!!!!!!!! hate Ken! Spam shor(no skill) confirm hits, still 3-2 hits after non con, then it's actually confirmed again(i know) I always see ken's, ryu's, akuma's as no skill. Its all the same rotation, and with AE, it all in benefit to them. sad, i know, but true :S I love my c/d characters. The day you see me playing a shoto/b/a charater is the day i play and leave it all together :)
    *woosh* 

*motions hand over head* 

As someone who's been playing Ken since vanilla when he was, arguably, below mid-tier, that makes me pretty upset. Ken has a lot of style; don't tarnish us all with the same brush. 

Given that so many of his properties were all sub-par pre-Super/AE, I'd argue that he did take skill to use. Ken has the necessary buffs now, but he's hardly mindless. 

Now we'll have to play :P
    Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
    @Vortexus1981: Hakan and Sagat are fine. I just hate getting too close to Gief and T.Hawk because it take me half an hour to do any damage and then they'll pick me up and take away half my life in one move. It's just terrifying.
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sarkhan

@GetEveryone 

true. I did have the "brusch" comb over you all. But still i dont see any good Ken players. when i lose, i go to replay, if i see mashers, then is kick  when they join agaion. and you cant argue about the spam -1 ex uppercut. Soooo! easy to play in a a game. Other than that? I love all ppl. I might hate theire characters, but i love the ppl. always send a gg, and + something else if they are actually good :)

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sarkhan
    @Vortexus1981 said:
    @GetEveryone  true. I did have the "brusch" comb over you all. But still i dont see any good Ken players. when i lose, i go to replay, if i see mashers, then is kick  when they join agaion. and you cant argue about the spam -1 ex uppercut. Soooo! easy to play in a a game. Other than that? I love all ppl. I might hate theire characters, but i love the ppl. always send a gg, and + something else if they are actually good :)
    Yes. I might be wrong her, but i can NEVER see hawk as a high skill player/character. You spin the joystick.You always do..... Tbh? As a dj/c.viper and bison player? I actually feel really good when i beat  a hawk player. No matter what skill that player is. I have hawk at 8037 atm. that shows you how easy he is. As of today(and i sent a pm to saw im sorry afterwards) i beat a 2357bp and 7+(can't remember) pp. I felt soooo bad when i beat him. easy mode. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vortexus1981: Ah, but I can argue. I'll prove it! Mashing uppercut isn't easy, it's retarded. If you lose a round to someone who's mashing, adapt your game-plan over the next two rounds. Bait, block and punish and end links early if you know they are wiggling their stick and pressing buttons. 

Also, focus less on points; they mean absolutely nothing. 

*salty Ken*
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JJOR64

Use Honda and Hakan.  Still hate everyone else.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sarkhan
    @GetEveryone said:
    @Vortexus1981: Ah, but I can argue. I'll prove it! Mashing uppercut isn't easy, it's retarded. If you lose a round to someone who's mashing, adapt your game-plan over the next two rounds. Bait, block and punish and end links early if you know they are wiggling their stick and pressing buttons.  Also, focus less on points; they mean absolutely nothing.  *salty Ken*
    You are right on your first point. Though, mashing is retarded. DP mash is still a "problem" in tournaments, but then again, it's named as....wait for it..... i know......come on.... MIX UPS! 

But yes! if you have a mash/2mix" player, you should know. And yes, i'v bet a few(thou they blame my win for my husbands dick) thrust me, it gave a meaning for you as it gave me^^ 

And, yes. Spammers rule the online scene. really do, but if they are spammers, you should prepare :) 

Now, i have a huge probplem hitting my 6 1 link combo. and you see the spammer loooooooooong way. Now, my seven link is not hard for dj, but online? You can spin the shit and hit me 2 hit/third/4th/5th or 6th. retarded. Ken have no recovery on uppercuts, so, yes. Bit supprised about the mp buff. Have to say
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sarkhan
    @JJOR64 said:
    If that is true? I love you!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vortexus1981: Okay, I'm going to correct you then call it quits because I'm tired. 

DP mash is still a "problem" in tournaments, but then again, it's named as....wait for it..... i know......come on.... MIX UPS!
    If anyone else wants to jump aboard this, be my guest. There is no mashing/DP problem in the tournament scene; if the pros couldn't deal with some scrub twirling his stick around, there would be a massive issue. 

Our definition of mix-ups seems pretty at odds. Wildly throwing out srks doesn't fit into mine in the slightest. I wouldn't call doing one (with sufficient meter to cancel) at an opportune time scrubby, though.

If they are mashing through your links, it means you aren't actually linking them. Hit training and get them down, or avoid anything that isn't a green connection.

All of Ken's uppercuts are massively punishable, light included. Even if a dp is blocked rather than whiffed, you should be able to show them that they can't get away with that nonsense. The stronger two send him flying ten feet into the air for goodness sake. Raw ultra, or do something flashier, but either way teach them a lesson.

I'm beating my head against a wall a bit here, I think. 

If Stang was still here...
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sarkhan

Tbyh, i thoughi said my thing and appologised there(sorry spelling) And yes(AGAIN!!!!2 times now?!!!) i know dp spam is counter. And again(i think im alone here!) IM A NAB THAT I GET CAUGHT IN IT! Beating your head? ffs....

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By StaticFalconar

I like Chun, and adon, but I really don't mind playing with full time grapplers and shotos just to hone in on my basics. Despite the Hate Yun boat everybody's on these days, I believe Yang is more versatile and unlikely to have a bad match up.  

Sodium levels aside for certain playstyles, I always roll my eyes when I see Rog on the screen. Yes, I used to play Rog way back then, but its honestly boring. Yes I realize its a pretty solid game that rog has, but other than a few rogs I've seen, its just the same shit over and over again. Its honestly hard to concentrate when you're bored and thats when I make mistakes. 

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    @JJOR64 said:
    Like a BAWS! 
    Hakan has got serious heat in AE!
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sarkhan
    @StaticFalconar said:
    I like Chun, and adon, but I really don't mind playing with full time grapplers and shotos just to hone in on my basics. Despite the Hate Yun boat everybody's on these days, I believe Yang is more versatile and unlikely to have a bad match up.   Sodium levels aside for certain playstyles, I always roll my eyes when I see Rog on the screen. Yes, I used to play Rog way back then, but its honestly boring. Yes I realize its a pretty solid game that rog has, but other than a few rogs I've seen, its just the same shit over and over again. Its honestly hard to concentrate when you're bored and thats when I make mistakes. 
    Hun? Im not a amazing sf player. But i HATE rog. I know high lvl players have skill, but lossing to rog? I never get salty, always say tomyslef(hold, strike, spin a few light, cant link? I'll hold) 

But then again. I love playing low tier characters. always have, and alway will:) Dj,c.v. Only chun is my highest tierd player. and i kinda cant play chun now :S But then again 

...... I love playing DJ atm. Most i'v ran into are ryu(ofc.....) *Spam wake up, kick vortex. and you beat then within 30 sec. So much fun. :) 
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    @GetEveryone said:
    @Vortexus1981: Okay, I'm going to correct you then call it quits because I'm tired. 

DP mash is still a "problem" in tournaments, but then again, it's named as....wait for it..... i know......come on.... MIX UPS!
    If anyone else wants to jump aboard this, be my guest. There is no mashing/DP problem in the tournament scene; if the pros couldn't deal with some scrub twirling his stick around, there would be a massive issue. 

Our definition of mix-ups seems pretty at odds. Wildly throwing out srks doesn't fit into mine in the slightest. I wouldn't call doing one (with sufficient meter to cancel) at an opportune time scrubby, though.

If they are mashing through your links, it means you aren't actually linking them. Hit training and get them down, or avoid anything that isn't a green connection. All of Ken's uppercuts are massively punishable, light included. Even if a dp is blocked rather than whiffed, you should be able to show them that they can't get away with that nonsense. The stronger two send him flying ten feet into the air for goodness sake. Raw ultra, or do something flashier, but either way teach them a lesson. I'm beating my head against a wall a bit here, I think.  If Stang was still here...
    Ken is seriously whatever. He just is what he is, he is not Ryu and he is not Akuma in a big way. He is unoffensive in every way he can win he can lose he's get to jump into and sure he is very popular and his SRK is strong but that is about it. I don't how you can argue he is spammy or OP when its just not true. He is so middle teir every single time. 
    http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sarkhan

Hun? Link is not trial/answear for us. But thank you for showing/trying(god i hate the publisity as it is now),,,,, 

Ken is what he is. From charge Hp to medium p to 2 light p and the mp or k. and all ken can do is spam ex dp? 

ffs 

EDIT!: Ken is close combat. And i love him for that. But spam ruins everything(that goes for ryu aswell) why  do you wonder why the "best" playes the reterded ppl? thaths why i love and cheere when ever a non high ranked character wins, or are close:)

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sarkhan

Easy mode is still the same for ryu and ken. Jump?-3 on block with a sweep chip. Oh.....skill!!! Sweep with focus dd dash? Oh my, sweep. I know, Inasne skill. Now let get really GOOD!!! sweep and fire ball. It's insane. Pppl dont know this but sweet at jump, sweet at focus, sweep at anything. dont worry. You SKILL* will save you^^

SHADOWINFINITE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SHADOWINFINITE

Ryu,  Chun Li, Ken, and Guile are my main characters. They have some of the best combos and ultras in the game. I probably hate Seth, M. Bison, and Akuma

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By napalm
    @Pessh said:
    Can't take playing this low tier bs anymore.
    Suck less.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.