Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Wiki for this is kind of gash.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

I'm not sure what it is about it, it's just incredibly unprofessional.

Ridiculously sporadic and uncofirmed rumours?

Things like
    "Dudley is searching for a rose in SSFIV, similar to 3rd Strike where he was searching for his vintage automobiles."

I mean he's not even been confirmed as a character, why are people guessing his motives?

A line needs to be drawn somewhere.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Dude, its someone from capcom writing that stuff.......

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jeffgoldblum

If you don't like it just fix it. It is a wiki after all.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fallen189
    @Pie said:

" Dude, its someone from capcom writing that stuff....... "

Someone from Capcom said

"Makoto retains her Tanden Renki Super from 3rd Strike." ?

I don't think they did.

@JeffGoldblum said:
    " If you don't like it just fix it. It is a wiki after all. "
    I just wanted to get it out there first, I didn't think it was right to just wipe it all out, that's just kinda stamping my feet to get what I want. I just think the entire thing is kind of....silly. I know Capcom don't help by trickling information, however.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pie
    @Fallen189: It was a joke
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Hamz
    @Pie said:
    " Dude, its someone from capcom writing that stuff....... "
    You'd be surprised how often Developers or Publishers edit their game pages on Giant Bomb ;)

@Fallen189:
    Feel free to submit any edits to the page you feel are necessary, we're all about promoting people to update, edit and add new content to the wiki database as and where needed :)
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jeffsekai

All the stuff your complaining about is under the god damn RUMOR section. Get over it there rumors and labeled as such. If that stuff was being presented as fact you would have a case but as it stands that stuff is fine. If its later proven otherwise go ahead and change it.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fallen189
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " All the stuff your complaining about is under the god damn RUMOR section. Get over it there rumors and labeled as such. If that stuff was being presented as fact you would have a case but as it stands that stuff is fine. If its later proven otherwise go ahead and change it. "
    Rumours as dictated by whom though?

That's like me saying "I am now going to make a Strider 360 page because I heard a rumor on a message board"

At some point the line needs to be drawn I guess. And you don't need to be so hostile, I'm not trying to rattle any cages here.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Fallen189 said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " All the stuff your complaining about is under the god damn RUMOR section. Get over it there rumors and labeled as such. If that stuff was being presented as fact you would have a case but as it stands that stuff is fine. If its later proven otherwise go ahead and change it. "
    Rumours as dictated by whom though?  That's like me saying "I am now going to make a Strider 360 page because I heard a rumor on a message board"  At some point the line needs to be drawn I guess. And you don't need to be so hostile, I'm not trying to rattle any cages here. "
    Rumors dictated by the lists of Rumors for SSF4 that were circulating a while ago. Someone form Shourken posted it there and it was in turn posted here. I don't see a problem. Most of the Rumors on said lists have been true T.Hawk, Dee Jay, Juri, Bonus Stanges, All the new modes for online were all apart of these lists.

If you wanna go pull some bullshit outta ur hat and make a page about it, it wont be allowed unless you at the very lest have a credible source. Which these roumours have. 

Finally, your proposing making a whole new wiki entry for some game you could make up. That wont fly. This as I said is in a rumor section not a page its harmless. If you think people should take them with a grain of salt then fine write a sentence in the wiki or something. But saying it should be deleted is dumb.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By lordofultima

Well, considering pretty much all of the rumors have been true so far, I wouldn't say having a rumor section on the wiki was unwarranted.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Luke

This is all in the realm of possibility about Devs/Producers editing their own wiki stuffs.  I know for a fact that there are 4 people connected from Capcom to Giant Bomb, in some way, who's profiles exist on this site; that I know about. 

I met 3 Capcom "higher-up's" at Giant Bomb's 1 Year Annaversary Party alone, and even played some SFIV, Spybots, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 with other employees of Capcom (mostly Tester/QA guys). 

I'm not saying much else than that, and take from it what you will, but best believe... Giant Bomb and Capcom are pretty tight. 

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By CounterShock

I love the unrestrained rumor machine associated with this game. Like last night I read that Skullomania is gonna be in the game. That's messed up.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @CounterShock said:
    " I love the unrestrained rumor machine associated with this game. Like last night I read that Skullomania is gonna be in the game. That's messed up. "
    idk where you heard that, but pretty  much everything that was a "rumor" has since then been confirmed true. Somewhere there was a leak.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @CounterShock said:
    " I love the unrestrained rumor machine associated with this game. Like last night I read that Skullomania is gonna be in the game. That's messed up. "
    idk where you heard that, but pretty  much everything that was a "rumor" has since then been confirmed true. Somewhere there was a leak. "
    Well, that no longer holds completely true because that initial info contradicts much of what we've seen (very) recently.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By demontium

DIY man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.