Will you buy Super Street Fighter IV

• 133 results
#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
This entire thread at NeoGAF basically confirms the existence of a Super Street Fighter IV and I'm sure by now that it will be a full retail release.  Information on it is supposed to be released at midnight or something so I'm wondering: should I sell my copy before the price on the current SF IV plummets in retail or should I keep it?  All this considering the fact that I'll probably get this game.

I vote "Yes".  I'm extremely annoyed that this is probably a 60$ retail game, but it seems they're adding enough to the new game to justify the purchase.
#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Fuck no. SFIV was on of the worst purchases i've made in a while and i'm a person who bought Prince of Persia.

#4 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" Fuck no. SFIV was on of the worst purchases i've made in a while and i'm a person who bought Prince of Persia. "
but...that's also a good game.
#5 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

Nope but I didnt buy the first either, is it possible that they'll release this as DLC?

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@Pie said:
" Nope but I didnt buy the first either, is it possible that they'll release this as DLC? "
I seriously doubt it.  The Street Fighter IV development team has stated a few times how they don't want to release any DLC for adding characters or online updates for character balance (nerfing Sagat) because that will put those who don't have online and are playing out of the loop.  I think that's stupid, but with that statement and the fact that it's rumored that they're adding 10+ characters, bonus modes, 2 Ultras per character and other stuff, it's extremely unlikely that this will be DLC.
#7 Posted by Melvargh (503 posts) -

Day 1. I've been waiting for this for a while.

#8 Posted by GunstarRed (5396 posts) -

I don't really see a problem with "rebuying" the game, Lots of people do it with sports franchises year in, year out.. and  games like street fighter IV don't really come about all that often. 
I think it will be worth it, especially if youre still playing the game on a  regular basis 8 or 9 months after the games release.
#9 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Shadow said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" Fuck no. SFIV was on of the worst purchases i've made in a while and i'm a person who bought Prince of Persia. "
but...that's also a good game. "
Prince of Persia is hardly a game. It might be just interactive enough to get featured on this site but it doesn't offer much more.
#10 Posted by TheCreambun (119 posts) -

I'll buy. Day one. More or less regardless of price.

#11 Posted by Jeffsekai (7049 posts) -

Fuck yea I will, Street Fighter 4 is one of my fav games of 09. Can't wait to see what they add.

#12 Posted by m1k3 (1337 posts) -

Funny thing is, after spending money on SC:IV, SFIV, and BlazBlue, i notice one thing. Im just not into fighting games.

#13 Posted by JJOR64 (19043 posts) -

Yes.  I will pay any price for it.

#14 Posted by unreal999 (75 posts) -

No.  Asking me to buy the same game with fwe new characters doesn't cut it.

#15 Posted by MrGetBonus (784 posts) -

HELL YES

#16 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
Just because you suck at Street Fighter doesn't make it bad.
#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@m1k3 said:
" Funny thing is, after spending money on SC:IV, SFIV, and BlazBlue, i notice one thing. Im just not into fighting games. "
Not to derail the topic, but I'm scared I'm starting to feel that also.  I have DoA 4, bought SF IV, bought BlazBlue, recently bought SC IV and I bought a Standard Edition Street Fighter IV Fightstick and I dunno if I'm feeling fighting games.  Sometimes I feel like just selling everything...
#18 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
Just because you suck at Street Fighter doesn't make it bad. "
Your mother.
#19 Posted by m1k3 (1337 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @m1k3 said:
" Funny thing is, after spending money on SC:IV, SFIV, and BlazBlue, i notice one thing. Im just not into fighting games. "
Not to derail the topic, but I'm scared I'm starting to feel that also.  I have DoA 4, bought SF IV, bought BlazBlue, recently bought SC IV and I bought a Standard Edition Street Fighter IV Fightstick and I dunno if I'm feeling fighting games.  Sometimes I feel like just selling everything... "
lol i bought a Hori Fight Stick Pro 3 (or what ever its called) and only used it for the few weeks i played SFIV. Now it just sits under my bed.
#20 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

Internet righteousness is so funny.  

#21 Posted by super_machine (1931 posts) -

For only two more characters. No way. For more characters and Seth not as the final boss. Yeah, ok.

#22 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1112 posts) -

Yes, because Im not the type of person to bitch about if something is DLC or not. Also Super Street Fighter 4 looks pretty sexy.
#23 Posted by JJOR64 (19043 posts) -
@super_machine said:
" For only two more characters. No way. For more characters and Seth not as the final boss. Yeah, ok. "
Seth will remain the final boss I bet.
#24 Edited by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: give me your fight stick please :D

i love me some street fighter so of course ill buy it
#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy said:
" Yes, because Im not the type of person to bitch about if something is DLC or not. Also Super Street Fighter 4 looks pretty sexy. "
I will because I don't have money.
#26 Posted by Chewii101 (822 posts) -

If its DLC + less than 40 bucks, yes. 

#27 Posted by MaSteRMaSteR (86 posts) -

I am boycotting super street fighter iv, there's too many small updates for each new version of the game

fuck 0ff son

#28 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

If it's  $40 I'd consider buying this on disc, although DLC would be ideal. Capcom's statement really just sounds like a way to justify possibly charging $60, even to those who don't have online capability. 

#29 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" This entire thread at NeoGAF basically confirms the existence of a Super Street Fighter IV and I'm sure by now that it will be a full retail release.  Information on it is supposed to be released at midnight or something so I'm wondering: should I sell my copy before the price on the current SF IV plummets in retail or should I keep it?  All this considering the fact that I'll probably get this game.  I vote "Yes".  I'm extremely annoyed that this is probably a 60$ retail game, but it seems they're adding enough to the new game to justify the purchase. "
Cool, this thread is better.  

And to answer the question: depends. Gonna have to see something totally wicked to warrant me purchasing this game 3 times (already have it on 360/PC).
#30 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

No.  I'm not into fighting games.

#31 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

No, I really don't have enough money; I'd rather purchase a totally new game than an update.

#32 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@Napalm said:

" I'll only buy it if the following things happen:

1. Nerf the shit out of Sagat and fucking tweak Ken and Ryu's move priority (sick of undefendable jump-ins with missing frames in online matches.)
  2. Make all costume colors + DLC costumes unlocked on new disc.
  3. Tweak Guile, Akuma/Blanka's Ultra and fix that broken ass Rufus.
  4. Double-blind online selection please!
"
Is the 4th option not included in Championship mode?  Or is it something different?

Maybe I should have named this poll "Will you buy SSF IV if it's a 60$ retail release?"  Oh well, the results would have probably been around the same.  I probably should have also included a "depends" option.  Dammit, I fail at polling! :(
#33 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Well, at the bare minimum, I'd like the following to be adjusted to warrant a purchase:

1.  Double-blind online character select.
  2. Standard Tournament-style Championship Mode (box the current mode in as well.)
  3. If there are going to be ways to unlock colors/costumes, do something else besides antiquated and tired ways like running through 30 time trials.
  4. At least have all of the standard unlockable colors unlocked already from Street Fighter IV.
This a list of things I'd like changed, but probably won't happen:
  1. Tweak Ken/Ryu's move priority, (I'm sick of undefendable jump-ins that have a few invisible frames before connecting that make it impossible to counter with a normal move.)
  2. Fix broken-ass Sagat.
  3. Fix broken-ass Rufus.
  4. Tweak Guile's Somersault Kick + more damage from Super/Ultra
I think that's it.
#34 Posted by Yasawas (6 posts) -

Definitely. On launch day. And the one after that. 

Nothing else this year has come close to grabbing me like SFIV has. I'm still horribly scubtacular, it's cost me a fortune all in (crappy limited edition, awesome expensive TE stick, importing SBO DVDs) and it makes me SEETHE like nothing else sometimes and yet it inevitably pulls me in every time I switch the bloody 360 on. It's the only fighter I've ever gotten into and only the second game since CoD4 to get a lot of play online to justify that LIVE sub.

#35 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@Yasawas said:
" Definitely. On launch day. And the one after that.  Nothing else this year has come close to grabbing me like SFIV has. I'm still horribly scubtacular, it's cost me a fortune all in (crappy limited edition, awesome expensive TE stick, importing SBO DVDs) and it makes me SEETHE like nothing else sometimes and yet it inevitably pulls me in every time I switch the bloody 360 on. It's the only fighter I've ever gotten into and only the second game since CoD4 to get a lot of play online to justify that LIVE sub. "
Do you still find fun in the game even if you lose a lot?  Or are you not that much of a scrub as I assume you are from what you said.
#36 Posted by Yasawas (6 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Yasawas said:
" Definitely. On launch day. And the one after that.  Nothing else this year has come close to grabbing me like SFIV has. I'm still horribly scubtacular, it's cost me a fortune all in (crappy limited edition, awesome expensive TE stick, importing SBO DVDs) and it makes me SEETHE like nothing else sometimes and yet it inevitably pulls me in every time I switch the bloody 360 on. It's the only fighter I've ever gotten into and only the second game since CoD4 to get a lot of play online to justify that LIVE sub. "
Do you still find fun in the game even if you lose a lot?  Or are you not that much of a scrub as I assume you are from what you said. "
Yeah, unless it's from lag or something.  I'm about a 40% win ratio at the moment. There's nothing like getting your arse handed to you to teach you how to get out of bad habits you get into from playing offline. I played a Seth earlier I could barely work out how to hit as he danced all around the screen sonic booming and hitting me with his Dhalsim limbs if I tried to jump in, that kinda thing excites me and inspires me to learn more and play that bit better. 

And much as I gush about it generally I agree with absolutely everything Napalm said above btw. And proper lobbies like HDR please!
#37 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -

fuck yes.   I'm ready to rawk the hawk.

#38 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19375 posts) -
@slinky6 said:
" fuck yes.   I'm ready to rawk the hawk. "
Paper Mario: TYD reference?
#39 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Street Fighter 4 is a great game, but I already get smoked enough on there.  I don't need to buy another Street Fighter game to get whooped.

#40 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @slinky6 said:
" fuck yes.   I'm ready to rawk the hawk. "
Paper Mario: TYD reference? "
Haha I actually didn't think about that until after I posted.
#41 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -

I might, I still havent bought SFIV

#42 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3447 posts) -

Yes of course.

#43 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11988 posts) -

I never actually bought SFIV, but I was borrowing it from a friend for a long while until my save data got corrupted. I will buy this version certainly, but I would really like it if I didn't have to beat arcade mode with everyone to unlock all the characters. 

Also, Game Lobbies would be nice, as would double blind character select in random matches.

#44 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Since I haven't picked up the first one yet, I'm thinking its a 90% yes.

#45 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy said:
" Yes, because Im not the type of person to bitch about if something is DLC or not. Also Super Street Fighter 4 looks pretty sexy. "
This
#46 Posted by hungrynun (444 posts) -

Yes.

#47 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1483 posts) -
@Napalm: What's broken about Rufus? I barely ever see them so I honestly wouldn't know.

Oh and like I've said at least seven times, of course I'm buying it.
#48 Posted by demontium (4710 posts) -

double the roster? sure! 

if thats a lie then no.

#49 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

Yeah, I like Ibuki and Makoto.

I just hope they actually make a decent online system with lobbies this time.

#50 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Yeah, even thought I already have the SF IV Collector's Edition. I'm starting to think the rumored Guy and Cody characters are legit too, even though there hasn't been any official confirmation. Everyone remember the Haggar costume for Zangief?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.