Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Time Force

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 14, 2014

In this pixel-styled retro shooter from the makers of "Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP", an elite team of totally extreme heroes called the Super T.I.M.E. Force must travel through time and use heavy firepower and the ability to manipulate time to overcome their enemies.

Is this game hard, or do I just suck at it?

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By poisonjam7

I understand that dying is a huge part of this game, but I feel like I'm dying a lot even by this game's standards. I also have a hard time with boss battles; I never feel like I'm doing enough damage, and I usually only finish with either zero time-outs left, very little time left on the clock, or both- if i even finish at all. I usually stick with Jean Rambois since he seemed to be the generic all-around-good-at-everything-but-not-great-at-anything type guy. Also, those god damn jetpack sections fucking suck!!! My go-to strategy for them has been to select Shieldy Blockerson and just fly through as fast as I can while never letting my shield down, which I feel is kind of cheating.

So, yeah. Do I just suck at this game, or is it hard to other people as well? Am I missing some sort of key strategy or concept?

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By benspyda

The game is tough for sure. It's designed more as an action puzzle game, picking the right dudes for the right scenarios, but being able to pull it off can be tricky. Thankfully the 30 or so rewinds are pretty damn lenient.

I agree the jetpack sections sucked a lot. Any game that gives you loose controls to add "variety" are never fun. Floaty controls in such an intense game just was a bad idea.

My favorite part of the game was mainly the boss fights, it was fun just stacking damage. You kinda had to realize you were planning for the future with each respawn. So even if there was nothing to shoot you should never stop shooting because in the next rewind you may actually be hitting the boss.

I beat the game, but it's more of an intense game than I was looking for. The last level before the lass boss was a real nightmare.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.