Supreme Commander : Epicness!

#1 Posted by VACkillers (1021 posts) -

Anyone play this? haven't seen hardly anyone talk about this game yet and kind of wondering if anyone actually plays it? i think its one of the best RTS in a long time with some EPIC battles on a gigantic scale! everything about this game bleeds! epicness in almost every sense of the word. I'm not too good at this game, was never that great at it but that might be down to my machine running it in slow motion half way through a battle lol... Seriously tho, does anyone still play this? there are a lot of maps you can grab for it now i think, and the battles are just hell fun to play.

Post ya thoughts people.......

#2 Posted by albaker (437 posts) -

I had a choice to either get this or world in conflict and went with world in conflict which is a great game

#3 Posted by VACkillers (1021 posts) -

yes World In Conflict is stunningly superb! and i would definitely reccomend it to anyone who loves RTS.... but i think the battles are on a much larger and epic scale in SupCom then in WIC....

#4 Posted by TewDee (70 posts) -

Me and come clanmates have been playing SupCom and the ex pack for the past week. It's really awesome. They are all old Total Annihilation fans, so playing the 'upped' version has been great fun.

The default AI sucks, so we found some enhanced AI that is actually really hard to beat sometimes. A lot of the player made maps are really awesome as well.

#5 Posted by Colonel_Cool (808 posts) -

I love Supcom. One of my favorite RTS's ever. I used to play it on an older single-core machine, but now I'm using a quad core and it runs beautifully. It takes several hours to get into the game and really learn how to play, but once you do it's great fun, especially with friends on a large map.

#6 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Iv seen some video reviews, looks HUGE and AWESOME!

#7 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

yep that game is huge, you can get a army of 150 unites and it still to small to attack the enemy base plus the map look empty.

now that epic scale

#8 Posted by unclejohnny79 (685 posts) -

Well I was gonna buy an rts this week and im considering Sup Com but I will probely go with Company of Heroes

#9 Posted by NeoTheta (222 posts) -

I haven't played it, but from what everyone's saying, I'm definitely considering a buy. Only thing I'd be worried about is that my video card would make it look like crap on a canvas (I have a 7600 GS), though my other specs are fine. (3 gigs of 800 MHz RAM, and a 2.2 GHz dual-core)

#10 Posted by VACkillers (1021 posts) -

a decent video card helps, but one thing to really make note when it comes to most RTS games, like command and conquer, and supcom, is that RAM and CPU make a big difference, which you have pretty decent of NeoTheta, i run it on a dual core athlon64 X2 4200 (like 2.4ghz?) i think, and 1GB RAM with a BFG 7800 AGP. I do get some slow motion when the battles really start to get epic lol but its hell fun!!!!

I would definitely reccomend this game to any RTS lover, COHs wasn't my sort of RTS, i like my base building and unit making RTS's myself.....
@ cartman  :  YES everything in it is all about EPIC SCALE!!! specially when you've built up your Tech and build those HUGE ASS total destruction units like the SPIDERBOT heh.... The 3 factions are really very well put together and i like how different they are.... This game really loves QUAD core cpus though....

#11 Posted by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -

Its funny you mention it. I was thinking about buying it today, i liked the demo and agree that the scale of this game is epic! Think ill get it tomorrow

#12 Posted by sculsoldi3r (1315 posts) -

world in conflict is much MUCH better ive heard.

#13 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

From what I played of SupCom it was great but I stopped playing it because my old PC slowed down too much.  I must get around to installing it on to my current PC.

#14 Posted by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -
sculsoldi3r said:
"world in conflict is much MUCH better ive heard."
People that like World in Conflict would probably not like SupCom, of course that doesn't apply to everyone but its just there completely different types of RTS.
#15 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -
sculsoldi3r said:
"world in conflict is much MUCH better ive heard."
Well i consider Supreme Commander much more of a RTS with its huge scale and WiC a smaller, more actioned RTS.
Both pwn ass!
#16 Posted by VACkillers (1021 posts) -

well, world in conflict is a more emphasis on team gameplay, and more multiplayer orientated then SupCom is. This game as mentioned above, is more your traditional RTS on a grand! scale of things.... One thing that this game has over WIC is the special units.... their just simply awesome haha! one of those can simply take down like 100 tanks lol its so fun to watch

#17 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1776 posts) -
VACkillers said:
"Anyone play this? haven't seen hardly anyone talk about this game yet and kind of wondering if anyone actually plays it? i think its one of the best RTS in a long time with some EPIC battles on a gigantic scale! everything about this game bleeds! epicness in almost every sense of the word. I'm not too good at this game, was never that great at it but that might be down to my machine running it in slow motion half way through a battle lol... Seriously tho, does anyone still play this? there are a lot of maps you can grab for it now i think, and the battles are just hell fun to play.

Post ya thoughts people.......
"
No one has mentioned it lately because the game came out about 1.5 years ago and it's expansion Forged Alliance has been out for ovr half a year as well. I love the game too. SC: Forged Alliance and Sins of a Solar Empire are my favorite RTS's right now.
#18 Posted by VACkillers (1021 posts) -

Yeah its not a new game anymore, but it still rocks!!! oh, and people, the nuke is simply AWESOME haha No matter how many times i see it i just love it.... lol

but WIC nukes are better, but thats a newer game heh

#19 Posted by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -

Yesterday i bought the pack that has supreme commander and forged alliance, great game

#20 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

How complicated would you say it is. Looks much more RTS and more of a hardcore RTS with its huge scale

#21 Edited by VACkillers (1021 posts) -

well, for me, im either used to a slower paced RTS like settlers, AOE, or more of a C&C style, this game is definitely different, and it did take some getting used  to, but once you get the hang of it, its pretty awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.