Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Supreme Commander

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 20, 2007

Chris Taylor follows up his critically acclaimed title "Total Annihilation" with Supreme Commander. This time players take control of one of three factions and put an end to the "Infinite War" that has been raging across the galaxy.

Using copy that sounds like advertising material?

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Psytek

The edits so far on this page look like they were just copied straight from the PR department at GPG... how appropriate is it for the tone of the article to be so biased?

Cook66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cook66

I'm sorry if the article looks like a PR document to you, but I can assure you that I did not copy it from anywhere. This being my first article it may not have been as good as I'd hoped, but just throwing accusation of bias out there doesn't help me. If you have something specific to point out please do and I will consider it, or you can simply edit the places you think are biased and leave the decision up to the moderators.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Termite

The problem with the wiki article is that it is being written in the first person, you say "I" multiple times in the article. This isn't a huge problem, but it makes it harder to trust the article and it doesn't come off as professional. Also, it reads a bit like a strategy guide and not enough like a basic overview meant to give people a good idea of the game

Cook66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cook66

Hmm... Right you are. I'll have a re-look at the entire thing once I can make live edits and see where I can improve it unless someone else beats me to it.

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Psytek

Do you work in publicity? If not, you should.

Anyway, since I last read it, the tone is a lot better.

Josh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Josh

Yeah I was looking at this and thought instantly that it was lifted verbatim from another site. Google returns no such results, however, and so by process of elimination it must be legit. I comment you, Cook, for writing of this quality. I'm glad a talented writer took on the task of doling out a description for this amazing game.

Leone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Leone

Actually.. what's up there now (sans the Soundtrack section) is my handiwork..

I tried to keep with the spirit of what Cook66 had written, but chunks of it was lifted or plagiarized from wikipedia and other parts had a lot of personal usage that's better off in reviews "Lastly, I can't forget to mention.." etc. I've got both pages saved (wikipedia vs what had been there) at the moment on my home computer, but I can't upload them until I'm home (on vacation >

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.