Predictions?

#1 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I know that many seem to loathe the notion of MMOs, but this game, to me, looks like it may be interesting.

Anyone else hoping this turns out well?

Well, obviously there are, but, why?

#2 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

I'm actually hoping it does terrible. seriously why would anyone hope it doesn't turn it out well?

it's gonna be bad, undoubtedly, because MMOFPS's have never been done well.

#3 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

It will either be bad, or really bad.

#4 Edited by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -
@Animasta said:

All what? One of them? Seriously, I can't think of any others besides Hellgate: London.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure that game had some loyal followers.
#5 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

@Animasta said:

All what? One of them? Seriously, I can't think of any others besides Hellgate: London. Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure that game had some loyal followers.

There's a WWII MMOFPS game out, it is also terrible

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Dude they barely got their single player games out the door, with incredible mod help from the community.. I doubt this multiplayer game will be anything other than a total ship wreck. 

The only MMO FPS I have faith in is Planetside 2, aka the new real Battlefield.

#7 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

"MMO" doesn't tell us shit. It could be an "MMO" like Guild Wars where only a few people are in one zone at a time. Or it could be "MMO" like WOW where there are hundreds of dudes around, but I HIGHLY doubt it. STALKER was originally supposed to have an online mode where like four Stalkers would be randomly put some place around the border of the zone at the start of the game and have to work their way to the center where the artifacts got better and better, and they could choose to work with or against eachother or even betray one another in order to survive. I think there's some awesome shit you could pull from that idea alone.

I'm definitely excited to see what this game becomes.

@AhmadMetallic said:

Dude they barely got their single player games out the door, with incredible mod help from the community.. 

Not Call of Pripyat. That game is excellent in vanilla form.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.