Are all Hothead games hard lock-prone?

#1 Edited by Getz (2954 posts) -

So I've been playing swarm for about an hour, and I'm enjoying the game a lot. In fact I could probably finish the whole thing in one sitting. The only thing standing in my way are constant freezes that make me reset my system. I've had two now in the first hour, that's gotta be some kind of record. Fallout New Vegas didn't freeze this much! Same thing with Deathspank; it froze on me constantly. As did the Penny Arcade Adventure games. Seriously, someone over at Hothead's QA department needs to get on top of their shit. I know it's only two total, but the ratio is fucked.

#2 Edited by Scarz09 (146 posts) -

Tell me about it mate I have also had it lock up on me during the first hour, It's annoying but despite that I'm enjoying the game.
#3 Posted by JTB123 (1045 posts) -

I've been playing it a lot over the past two days and it hasn't crashed on me once. I'm really loving it, going for high scores is very challenging and combo'ing entire levels is such a rush.

#4 Posted by Scarz09 (146 posts) -

It is indeed a good game.
#5 Posted by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -

I was playing for about an hour and I had it lock-up three times. Kinda messed up but I forgive them because not only is it fun but the avatar award you get for killing a Swarmite on the title screen is awesome.

As for DeathSpank I didn't have any lock-ups but I was playing it on the PS3 if that, for some reason, makes a difference.

#6 Posted by kerikxi (527 posts) -

It's locked twice in the half hour I've played it now. I consider that fairly unacceptable...

#7 Posted by alternate (2654 posts) -

I remember the first Penny Arcade game was buggy as fuck.  I got to this bit with the barbershop quartet, system blue screens and then when I got back in the bosses were gone - I could not fight them nor progress the game.  Official solution from the hothead forums was to edit the save game to bypass on to the next checkpoint.  I never did get to fight that boss.

#8 Posted by Scarz09 (146 posts) -

It locked on me for the third time as soon as I started the game before...do you think it will get patched?
#9 Posted by Getz (2954 posts) -
@alternate said:
" I remember the first Penny Arcade game was buggy as fuck.  I got to this bit with the barbershop quartet, system blue screens and then when I got back in the bosses were gone - I could not fight them nor progress the game.  Official solution from the hothead forums was to edit the save game to bypass on to the next checkpoint.  I never did get to fight that boss. "
That's a bummer, it was a pretty hilarious boss 

Also, did you guys see that the game locked up in the quick-look? Hahaha, VINDICATION!
#10 Posted by shodan2020 (652 posts) -

I didn't have any locking problems on Penny Arcade Adventures from what I can recall. I do however have plenty with Swarm. My game seems to lock up on me whenever I try and select the third stage in the game. I hope this gets fixed. $15 shouldn't get me problems like this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.