Is the pen mightier than the sword?

#1 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

I think i would rather own a sword than a pen.

#2 Posted by Carmel_Chewy (323 posts) -

Sword > Pen

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

I own many pens and use them. I own no swords and even if I did I wouldn't have any use for it. Therefore Pen > Sword.

Moderator
#4 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Sword with pen in handle  - come prepared

Or just sellotape a biro to the end of a sword,  then you cant lose

#5 Edited by NoExtraLife (213 posts) -
OmegaPirate said:
"Sword with pen in handle  - come prepared

Or just sellotape a biro to the end of a sword,  then you cant lose
"
Sounds like the next stupid final fantasy weapon, they already went with a gunblade,  a penblade would seem like the next logical step.
#6 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

xD fill out your tax returns at the same time as running through an enemy :)

#7 Posted by NoExtraLife (213 posts) -

I was thinking more along the lines of after you defeat the main boss, the pen pops out of the blade and you proced to draw a little moustache or a cock on his face.

#8 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Pen > Sword. I could use my pen to draw millions of swords!

#9 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Pen beats the sword.

Especially if the pen has neuro-toxins in it, that makes it even more powerful!

#10 Posted by JJGIANT (755 posts) -

a sword can cut a pen straight in half god damn it

#11 Posted by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -
JJGIANT said:
"a sword can cut a pen straight in half god damn it"
 If you have a sword, and another person with a sword sees you, they may feel threatened, and since they can't slice the sword in half, they'll slice you in half. If they see you with a pen they probably won't feel threatened, therefore they won't slice anything in half, and even if they do feel threatened, they can just slice the pen in half. Pen wins.
Moderator
#12 Posted by J1X1 (10 posts) -

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, onviously has never encountered automatic weapons."- COD4 quote.

#13 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

You cannot decapitate anyone with a pen.

#14 Posted by dankempster (2253 posts) -
NoExtraLife said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"Sword with pen in handle  - come prepared

Or just sellotape a biro to the end of a sword,  then you cant lose
"
Sounds like the next stupid final fantasy weapon, they already went with a gunblade,  a penblade would seem like the next logical step.
"
Gunblades are awesome! Keyblades, on the other hand, are rather suckish.

The pen is without doubt mightier. I have used a pen to create a sword. I have never seen somebody use a sword to create anything.
#15 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2463 posts) -

Axe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sword>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(times infinity)........pen

#16 Posted by CactusWolf (539 posts) -
kmdrkul said:
"You cannot decapitate anyone with a pen."
Have you tried?
#17 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I use my magic wand. It seems to work well.

#18 Edited by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
wordsgohere said:
"kmdrkul said:
"You cannot decapitate anyone with a pen."
Have you tried?"
No, but I'm pretty sure a sixty inch claymore would be slightly more effective
#19 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"I use my magic wand. It seems to work well."
Oh, you must have the penis mightier... fine product it is.
#20 Posted by whackmypinata (941 posts) -

Yes, the pen is mightier than the sword, because with the pen you can order a bunch of dudes to take out the guy with the sword.

#21 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
whackmypinata said:
"Yes, the pen is mightier than the sword, because with the pen you can order a bunch of dudes to take out the guy with the sword."
What if he's Dante?
#22 Edited by pirate_republic (1117 posts) -

Chuck Norris < Nukes < Guns < Sword < Pen

#23 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

Hasn't anyone seen The Dark Knight? The pencil is more awesome than both the pen, and the sword.

#24 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Bulldog19892 said:
"Hasn't anyone seen The Dark Knight? The pencil is more awesome than both the pen, and the sword."
haha Very cruel too...
#25 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

The penis mightier!

Oh, oh no. Look you guys, a typo. I typed penis. uh oh.
Anyways, intelect beats brute force anyday. Intelligence manipulates and controls it, and gets all the money.
#26 Edited by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -
BoG said:
"The penis mightier!
Oh, oh no. Look you guys, a typo. I typed penis. uh oh.
Anyways, intelect beats brute force anyday. Intelligence manipulates and controls it, and gets all the money.
"
I love SNL's Sean Connery. "Moo. That's your mother said last night! Ah haw haw haw haw haw...!"
#27 Edited by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
BoG said:
"The penis mightier!
Oh, oh no. Look you guys, a typo. I typed penis. uh oh.
Anyways, intelect beats brute force anyday. Intelligence manipulates and controls it, and gets all the money.
"
THE PENIS EATEN BY ME FOR BREAKFAST! MUAHAHA!
#28 Posted by Dimsey (954 posts) -

I think if I came across a dude with a sword in a dark alley I too would rather be carrying a sword then a pen. Dude can KILL me with a sword, what can I do with a pen?
Write him an angry letter? I don't think that's going to fly with the sword wielding madman.

I mean I guess I could attempt to stab em with the pen like Arnie does to the dude in Running Man, but with the other guy having a sword I wouldn't like my odds.

I think I'd rather be the dude with the sword.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.