Syndicate reboot on GDC

#1 Posted by JudgeDread (572 posts) -

rumours are that Syndicate (project redlime) will be shown behind closed doors at GDC, and that marketing (to the public) will probably begin in mid-march/april.


If you see any interesting on twitter or similar leaks please post here.

#2 Posted by Tennmuerti (8057 posts) -

Please be good.
Please be good.
Please be good.

Online
#3 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" Please be good.Please be good.Please be good. "
It's Starbreeze. I expect nothing but greatness.
#4 Posted by Tennmuerti (8057 posts) -

With Deus Ex and Syndicate getting reeboots...
 
... Cyberpunk is back baby!
 
At least I sincerely hope so.

Online
#5 Posted by Majestic_XII (95 posts) -

Have patience, all will be well ;)

#6 Posted by Informant (84 posts) -

Cyberpunk had better be back.

#7 Posted by Majestic_XII (95 posts) -

Any guesses on the changes they made?

#8 Edited by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -
@Majestic_XII said:

" Any guesses on the changes they made? "

I say they changed the perspective to 3rd person or 1st person while letting you command other agents and even switch to them for direct control.
 
And while I frowned upon the perspective and gameplay change when they presented the new X-Com, I think it wouldn't take too much away from this game. Syndicate - apart from the research stuff in between missions - was mostly an action game anyway (and I played a lot of it - even finished the American Revolt expansion).
 
I just hope they kept the research and the non-linear campaign structure in the game.
 
But regardless of any potential changes, I'm sure Starbreeze will deliver a great game.
#9 Posted by pornstorestiffi (4909 posts) -
@CptBedlam said:
" @Tennmuerti said:
" Please be good.Please be good.Please be good. "
It's Starbreeze. I expect nothing but greatness. "
Normally i wouldn't either, but i think they just bought license to Unreal Engine. Which makes me cringe and cry.
#10 Posted by Majestic_XII (95 posts) -
@pornstorestiffi said:
" @CptBedlam said:
" @Tennmuerti said:
" Please be good.Please be good.Please be good. "
It's Starbreeze. I expect nothing but greatness. "
Normally i wouldn't either, but i think they just bought license to Unreal Engine. Which makes me cringe and cry. "
Red Lime is not using UE3, it's for upcoming projects.
#11 Posted by pornstorestiffi (4909 posts) -
@Majestic_XII said:
" @pornstorestiffi said:
" @CptBedlam said:
" @Tennmuerti said:
" Please be good.Please be good.Please be good. "
It's Starbreeze. I expect nothing but greatness. "
Normally i wouldn't either, but i think they just bought license to Unreal Engine. Which makes me cringe and cry. "
Red Lime is not using UE3, it's for upcoming projects. "
That is true, but personally i have no clue what state Redlime is in, and how long they have been working on it. Rumor and speculation isn't much to go by. And just because the news said "for upcoming project" doesn't mean it cant happen. 
#12 Posted by JudgeDread (572 posts) -
@pornstorestiffi said:
" @Majestic_XII said:
" @pornstorestiffi said:
" @CptBedlam said:
" @Tennmuerti said:
" Please be good.Please be good.Please be good. "
It's Starbreeze. I expect nothing but greatness. "
Normally i wouldn't either, but i think they just bought license to Unreal Engine. Which makes me cringe and cry. "
Red Lime is not using UE3, it's for upcoming projects. "
That is true, but personally i have no clue what state Redlime is in, and how long they have been working on it. Rumor and speculation isn't much to go by. And just because the news said "for upcoming project" doesn't mean it cant happen.  "

according to the latest investor quarterly report they have entered the stage of preparing marketing. Seems like it is in the final stages of development and only has tweaking and QA left to me.

Swedish report:
http://www.aktietorget.se/NewsItem.aspx?ID_News=57494

Translated by google

http://translate.google.se/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aktietorget.se%2FNewsItem.aspx%3FID_News%3D57494&act=url



#13 Edited by JudgeDread (572 posts) -

Secret game to be announced in Swedish magazine March 15. http://img820.imageshack.us/i/42351280.jpg/

Could be Syndicate, Just Cause 3 (also swedish developer) or Splinter Cell

Weapons from original Syndicate (compare to image above) http://syndicate.lubie.org/synd/html/synd_weapons.php


(Old) leaked artwork: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/233911/news/syndicate-remake-first-artwork/

http://www.epicgames.com/news/starbreeze-studios-signs-long-term-unreal-engine-3-licensing-agreement/

Unreal 3 Engine tech demo got leaked. Has some Syndicate atmosphere (and clothing). Epic are pissed.

Compare robot invideo and from Syndicate wars: 


    


Oled 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.