dubstep in boss fight

#1 Posted by chicomendes2 (34 posts) -

eeeeeerrgghhhhh, when does ironic enjoyment run its course? the boss fight was terrible as it was.

Can you 'go getter', 'up and at it', real cool kids at least 'ironically' guffaw at some progressive house, or even bring back nu-metal? That was fun, yeah... we all remember nu-metal...

hmmm, i wonder what happened to crazy town

#2 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Your display picture's shiny as fuck.

@ViciousReiven said:

people like good dubstep

Bit of an oxymoron.

#3 Posted by ViciousReiven (824 posts) -

What the hell are you on about. 
First off that was an awesome fight, second it's not 'ironic' anything, people like good dubstep, sure it's great to poke fun at things that have it just to have it, which is usually some lame track that sounds like someone made it from what they think dubstep is supposed to sound like, but that's not the case here, it fit the theme and it was well made, so much so I listen to it on occasion, fuck it I'll load it up right now out of spite.

#4 Posted by SharkEthic (1064 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

@ViciousReiven said:

people like good dubstep

Bit of an oxymoron.

I do believe that's the exact definition of an oxymoron, good sir.

#5 Posted by ViciousReiven (824 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:

Your display picture's shiny as fuck.

@ViciousReiven said:

people like good dubstep

Bit of an oxymoron.

@SharkEthic said:

@Hitchenson said:

@ViciousReiven said:

people like good dubstep

Bit of an oxymoron.

I do believe that's the exact definition of an oxymoron, good sir.

Haha, very funny, fucking assholes.
#6 Posted by TobbRobb (4851 posts) -

Maybe you shouldn't play Far Cry 3.

#7 Posted by Svenzon (731 posts) -

Skrillex is a hack, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy that track. Fit the fight perfectly.

#8 Posted by L44 (575 posts) -

It was kinda of cool to begin with. But not when you've been trying to beat the boss for the last 20 minutes.

#9 Posted by BoOzak (999 posts) -

I'm not sure it is ironic sadly.

#10 Edited by SlashDance (1843 posts) -

I'm just not sure what liking something "ironically" even means. You either like something or you don't. It sounds like an excuse for people who can't deal with the fact that they like crappy or dumb stuff.

#11 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -

The soundtrack in Syndicate was so great, fit the game perfectly

Only good thing about that boss fight was the music

#12 Posted by MrCaptain (369 posts) -

I love dubstep. I havent play syndicate though, But everyone in here who has the opinion "IF ITS NOT MY MUSIC TASTE ITS BAD MUSIC. PERIOD." Is a fucking retarded hipster.

Let people have different music tastes.

#13 Edited by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

Even as part of the old guard that loved the original Syndicate and disliked this silly fps reboot on sheer principle; even as such I still had to admit that Skrillex did a fantastic job of modifying that particular piece of music from the original game while at the same time still preserving the key elements that made it so evocative and unique all those years ago. And the new faster paced dub step parts are quite appropriate for the crazy pace of the reboot game (if you don't suck at it). So it's basically a perfect fit for the setting and the game every level.

#14 Posted by Fattony12000 (7582 posts) -

My girlfriend just bought me Syndicate and Hitman: Absolution on the PC, to replace the extra copy of XCOM that she got me for Christmas.

I love her.

Say, does anyone want to play co-op Syndicate with a human being sometime over the coming few weeks?

#15 Posted by believer258 (12211 posts) -

I thought it was a pretty good boss fight and the music really added a nice bit of flavor to it.

No, it's not high art or particularly intelligent, but it was a pretty fun moment. Also:

@TobbRobb said:

Maybe you shouldn't play Far Cry 3.

#16 Posted by Dogma (989 posts) -

Are we talking about the first boss fight where the Syndicate-remix from Skrillex plays??

I thought it added A LOT to the whole experience when the music suddenly kicked into gear! Well timed and effective in my opinion. Really liked it!

#17 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2733 posts) -

The boss fight was ass, but I enjoyed the dubstep.

#18 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@SlashDance said:

I'm just not sure what liking something "ironically" even means. You either like something or you don't. It sounds like an excuse for people who can't deal with the fact that they like crappy or dumb stuff.

It's a dumb way of saying you have a guilty pleasure, i guess.

#19 Posted by PhilipDuck (571 posts) -

I'm surprised you didn't enjoy the boss fight.. i thought it was awesome and everyone i know off thinks the same. The Dubstep which is believe was produced by Skrillex was an awesome touch to that fight. Great game!

#20 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -

The first boss fight was the most frustrating experience I've had in a while (and I'm also playing/learning Persona 4 right now). That said, I was squealing when I heard the dubstep and it was the only thing that kept me sane.

#21 Posted by vorpalparasite (306 posts) -

I loved that part.

#22 Posted by notdavid (842 posts) -

Which boss fight? The one outside the train?

#23 Posted by TheHT (11829 posts) -

@notdavid said:

Which boss fight? The one outside the train?

That's the only one with dubstep, unless my mind filtered out later dubstepping.

#24 Posted by EuanDewar (5104 posts) -

its a fuckin banger son

#25 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Gotta admit I was a bit upset only the first boss fight had dubstep

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.