Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Syndicate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Syndicate is a reinvention of the 1993 game by Bullfrog. Developed at Starbreeze Studios, the game puts players in the shoes of Miles Kilo, one of the cybernetically-enhanced Agents who wages war against enemy mega-corporations on behalf of EuroCorp, his sponsor syndicate.

FYI Syndicate $4.99 at GMG

Avatar image for burnin_squirrrl
    burnin_squirrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By burnin_squirrrl

Just thought I'd give a heads up that Syndicate is $4.99 over at Green Man Gaming. I'm going to pick it up, not sure if the multiplayer is dead on this or not, but heard it's worth playing regardless.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@burnin_squirrrl: It's actually quite an innovative first person shooter that, as the trend goes these days, was given a lot of unwarranted flack for being a reboot that did something different.

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice find! I'll pay $5 to see what Jeff was talking about.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Totally picked it up and was immediately impressed by how your dude holds the pistol when running.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Nev

Nice find, thanks for letting us know!

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It's a lot of fun. I don't think it's $60 worth of fun, but for $5 you can't go wrong.

On1inepersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its been tough trying to find a Syndicate group for Co-op, been dying to try it. Maybe we can get a Duder group together?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By rorie

Such a short game, even for this generation of shooters. Definitely felt like an hour or two was cut out of the final third of the game. Still, worth it for five bucks, even if you do probably have to use Origin.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By butano

If you use the coupon code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA it cuts it down to $4.00. BTW, Mass Effect 3 N7 Edition for $12, $8 for regular with that code also!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

@arbitrarywater:

You know thinking back on it. It's kinda weird but as a (really puritanical) fan of the original before this game came out my heart disliked it, but my brain told me it would probably be good. After i played it on release my brain told me it was a barely passable game (for $60), but my heart loved it. An unexpected switcharoo of expectations.

The game makes a surprising number of direct and indirect references to the original that i felt were done with love by Starbreeze. From simple cars, to foreshadowing emails/news, to the Vitruvian machine. I scoffed at the multiplayer levels being advertised as based on levels from the original game. But when i saw for the first time 4 agents flying in to assault the Atlantic Accelerator, not gonna lie, i got a stiffy then and shed a manly tear. And playing those co-op levels at highest difficulties with skilled people at times felt like being 4 precise brutal machines, really capturing the "spirit" of the first games. Sounds corny but that's exactly how it felt to me. Heck i was even surprised how closely they managed to stick to the Syndicate and Syndicate Wars guns.

It definitely left a pleasant feeling inside me, rather then hating it's very existence when it was first announced.

It's even more interesting (to me) how the Syndicate reboot managed to evoke that spirit, that coolness of the originals while being such a hugely different game. While something like Fallout 3 that tried to directly ape the originals mechanics, characters and humor beats, completely failed to capture the eerie feel of the world of the first 2 Fallouts and missed all the notes that made them great consistently.

Always had the thought to blog these musings, but never got around to it.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I thought the game had some great ideas on level design and some of the best gunplay in any game ever. I got on the bandwagon too late to get much of the multiplayer though, and I turned on the single-player campaign when it took the inevitable 'now you're a good guy' twist. Wish I could get more out of my investment.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Its been tough trying to find a Syndicate group for Co-op, been dying to try it. Maybe we can get a Duder group together?

I've been trying to find a co-op game since I beat the SP a week ago. I only managed to get into one co-op match, and it was only with 1 person... So, yeah, I really would like to try it with 3 people. My Origin tag is FakeKisser if anyone wants to add me!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a year, get a game for $4. Sounds good to me.

On1inepersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By On1inepersona

Should probably Throw out my origin:
    Havochope
    if anyone else wants to throw down in the co-op

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, Mass Effect III on PC doesn't support a controller? Common EA, that's just insane. And I bought it for multiplayer but there are no parties..

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I hope it's fun once it works, but I've been stuck trying to activate it all night.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Can anyone who is running this let me know if Syndicate can still be played (after activation of course) if Origin is uninstalled?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Funkydupe

Only big issue I have with GMG is that I can't gift purchase for someone, regardless whether they have a GMG account or not. It makes me sad. I'm making a pouty face now.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#19  Edited By audioBusting

Can someone from another country gift the game to an Australian? It's banned here (it came out before the MA15+ thing came through), so...

(edit: wait, I meant R18+, my bad)

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep , code plus some left over credit... 2.20 for it.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Due to contractual obligations, we are only able to advertise this product in US Dollars. Unfortunately this product is not yet available in your region. Please check our FAQ for more details."

Yay, finally the big corporations have transformed the internet into something resembling a weird police state or something.
    And yet they whine about people pirating their fucking games.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By colourful_hippie
    @slow_pc said:

Yep , code plus some left over credit... 2.20 for it.

Same here, good deal.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By colourful_hippie

Only big issue I have with GMG is that I can't gift purchase for someone, regardless whether they have a GMG account or not. It makes me sad. I'm making a pouty face now.

Uhh, buy it again and just send the code to your friend?

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the heads up OP, grabbed this and the saboteur. Great deal for less than ten bucks.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superfriend said:

"Due to contractual obligations, we are only able to advertise this product in US Dollars. Unfortunately this product is not yet available in your region. Please check our FAQ for more details."

Yay, finally the big corporations have transformed the internet into something resembling a weird police state or something.

And yet they whine about people pirating their fucking games.

Here's the "rest of the world edition", but it's not discounted as much and it's starting price is higher as well. I don't get it and I don't think they do, either.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
    Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's crazy, I was just replaying this game's singleplayer yesterday. Awesome timing... I really hope this sale brings in some players for co-op!

Origin name is Live2bRighteous if anyone is up for shooting things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.