Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Syndicate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Syndicate is a reinvention of the 1993 game by Bullfrog. Developed at Starbreeze Studios, the game puts players in the shoes of Miles Kilo, one of the cybernetically-enhanced Agents who wages war against enemy mega-corporations on behalf of EuroCorp, his sponsor syndicate.

If you treat this like Butcher Bay for a movie that doesn't exist

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thehexeditor

If you treat this like an "Escape From Butcher Bay" type deal for a gritty, stylish cyberpunk movie that doesn't exist instead of a FPSiciation of a classic PC game, I think it seems like a much more awesome and cooler game.

Starbreeze's strengths: Brutal, visceral first person single-player action experiences. EFBB and The Darkness were games I thoroughly enjoyed and this looks to be just as awesome. Those two words I emphasized seems like words everyone throws around these days but Starbreeze games are truly deserving of those descriptors.

Something about this box art really sings to me. Almost seems like a cool movie poster.
    Something about this box art really sings to me. Almost seems like a cool movie poster.

Something about the title logo screams 80's cyberpunk to me. Does anyone get what I'm feeling here? I swear I've seen something similar to that slightly italicized, all-caps font before.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WarlordPayne

Looks like the Metal Gear font.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thehexeditor

@WarlordPayne said:

Looks like the Metal Gear font.

Thanks, you totally indirectly solved it. It reminded me of the Snatcher title.

Sega CD Soundtrack Art
    Sega CD Soundtrack Art
    Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modified Blade Runner font.   
    Probably a load of other movies as well. 

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thehexeditor

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

Modified Blade Runner font. Probably a load of other movies as well.

Doh, of course. I was only thinking in the realm of video games for some reason.

Yes yes, it's practically the same as Blade Runner's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.