Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Syndicate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Syndicate is a reinvention of the 1993 game by Bullfrog. Developed at Starbreeze Studios, the game puts players in the shoes of Miles Kilo, one of the cybernetically-enhanced Agents who wages war against enemy mega-corporations on behalf of EuroCorp, his sponsor syndicate.

Just finished game...

vidiots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiots

I liked it but i honestly think its over rated. The story was short and had little story you could watched ending and that was 90% of story 95% of game is combat.

Co-op is good but overall unless you have 4 friends its a pass.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Don't really think you can call it overrated. Jeff's really the only one who scored it that highly.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NTM

@Zacagawea said:

Don't really think you can call it overrated. Jeff's really the only one who scored it that highly.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

I just thought it was okay. The guns feel nice and weighty and the aesthetics are nice but yeah there's no real story, or relevance to the plot. In fact, I wasn't even sure why stuff in the later part of the story even happens at all. That plus the characters have no depth and those FUCKING boss battles. I don't what it is with me and boss battles in Starbreeze games but they're are as frustrating and annoying as fuck.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Getz

I've said it before, but I might as well repeat it here: the co-op is the meat of the game. I think the part where they really dropped the ball was with how they handled the syndicate system by making it way to difficult to manage the people in it. The game is immensely fun when you're playing with 3 other people who know what they're doing and is endlessly replayable but without that the game is just kind of average.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By benspyda

I think it would be a good coop romp once it drops in price to like $20. That's what I'm holding out for anyway.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Skald

@Zacagawea said:

Jeff just has a soft spot for giant corporations.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I started this game last night and while I think the story is a sad attempt of a Shadowrun rip off, the game play is pretty good. Your 'powers or skills' are a nice touch.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CaptainCharisma

I just finished this game and loved it. I mainly loved the aesthetics and it did something not enough games do for me: I was immersed. I can see why others wouldn't like it but I'm sad to see that this game did not sell well.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

@Skald said:

@Zacagawea said:

Jeff just has a soft spot for giant corporations.

That was a cheap shot.

Anyway, calling this game overrated is adding insult to injury, don't you think? I mean, it's certainly not the worst scored game ever but that's not what I would call fantastic.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By me3639

Ill disagree. The game with all its parts is pretty polished. I loved the look, gameplay, and had no problem jumping into multiplayer with random folk.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

I'm waiting for this game to drop drop drop in price. Then I'll check it out. Don't feel like shelling out $50 for it.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CaptainCharisma

@Demoskinos said:

I'm waiting for this game to drop drop drop in price. Then I'll check it out. Don't feel like shelling out $50 for it.

I got it from Amazon when they had it for around $22, so just check in on that from time to time. It was a great experience in my opinion while I wait for Amazon to ship my copy of Lollipop Chainsaw.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I really dug it, great look and interesting gameplay.

Made me want to go back and play old Syndicate, as well as write some cyberpunk.

CommonReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CommonReason

I enjoyed it. Starbreeze almost always has some interesting mechanics going on in their games. That and a good sense of immersion. I may return to playing it again sometime soon.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Funzzo

I just picked this up cheap on PC and I cant play for more then 30 mins without getting a massive headache from all the damn bloom. A good game that would be better if we could tone down the bloom.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Sackmanjones

I have quite a big backlog but since the summer and half of August is dry I may give this a shot at 20 bucks or so. Although I might have to pick up the darkness 2 before this. Something just appeals to me from that game

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cthomer5000

Just finished the single player tonight. I enjoyed it though I agree with Jeff that the ending leaves a lot to be desired.

And to the OP: Over-rated? A metacritic 70? Get a grip.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By jonnyboy

I just finished it yesterday, and I'll be honest I didn't think it was bad at all, right up until the boss battles. The thing that annoyed me the most is that as far as I can remember there is ZERO contextual reason why Miles can not breach the bosses data cores. He just cant, I guess for no other reason than because they are video game bosses.

outerabiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By outerabiz

just finished it, and i thought it was great! Now im just eager to see what 2013s cyberpunk game will be.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Justin258

It was all right. A nice change of scenery and some cool ideas, but ultimately nothing really special.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By artelinarose

Hopefully it was just the precursor to some fantastic cyberpunk games. That's an aesthetic it will take me a while to get tired of.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#23  Edited By Mnemoidian

It was pretty great, though the story wasn't great. Co-op was really the main attraction.

It's a damn shame it was sent out to die in front of Mass Effect, with no marketing, and no post-release support.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.