Motion Sickness.

#1 Posted by TheeGravedigger (76 posts) -

Bought the PS3 version earlier tonight, playing it on a 55" LCD hooked up with HDMI cables.

After 10-15 minutes of playing, I'm feeling nauseous.

Maybe it was something I ate earlier, maybe it was the way the everything on screen seems to shift around, I'm not sure.

Under normal circumstances, I don't get motion sickness, not from driving, or sailing.

I remember the original Wolfenstien causing me to get ill, but no game since then has bothered my stomach. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

#2 Posted by StarvingGamer (7565 posts) -

How far are you from the screen? I remember them mentioning on the bombcast that motion sickness was a big problem for PC players because of the field of view how close they are to their monitors. You probably aren't that close to your tv, but your tv also sounds pretty big.

#3 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

I'm playing it on the PS3 as well and I haven't had any problems like that. I do have a problem with the text being too small though. I have to scootch up to my TV (42-inch) to read all the codex entries.

#4 Edited by believer258 (11046 posts) -

Ever played the Xbox 360 version of Marathon Durandal?

Anyway, I'd suggest not playing it right after eating. It might just be a one time thing. Do you play a lot of shooters?

#5 Posted by TheeGravedigger (76 posts) -

Yea, the mention on the bombcast made me wonder if it was something with the game. I'm about 2-3 meters back from my tv.

I'm not a huge shooter fan, tend to go for more 3rd person games, but I've played a decent selection of shooters. Played a ton of borderlands and felt fine.

I vaguely remember trying Durandal and not liking the textures, but my 360 cooked itself ages ago, so I can't really recall.

There's also a chance it was the carne asada I'd eaten 2-3 hours prior. I'll give it another shot later today.

#6 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -

I don't have any problem but I really hate the body movement: wobbles too much. I think that might cause motion sickness for some.

#7 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

I think what is happening is that the game messes with the lights and such. Makes them very overly bright and really 'bleeds' into the screen. I had to turn down the settings because it would just makes the screen white. A really poor game design choice to have simple lights do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.