So, are we going to do co-op or what?

#1 Edited by Napalm (9020 posts) -

There's nobody to play with goddamn it, and there is no "match me with three random people to make this shit easy on me." Well, there is a quickmatch function, but it paired me with two fucking doofuses sitting in the menu for hours, refusing to ready up, so I couldn't even play with these fucking chuckleheads.

Also, how do I get into GB Heavy Industries? Lest if this doesn't work, I'm going to start my own syndicate and conquer the fucking globe, facefucking every syndicate to death, one at a time.

Wanna play?

I'm on the Xbox 360, please reply if you'd like to play a few rounds of co-op sometime soon, (we'll nail down a time and place later)!

Also, when you respond, please also post your general location (i.e. U.S. Southeast, etc.).

Syndicate Now Live!

Alright guys, my syndicate is now live, and we are always hiring! On the Xbox 360, our syndicate name is Xiroinc. Join up!

#2 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

C'mon duders, I've heard good things about Syndicate, let's set up some time to co-op facefuck some other syndicates!

#3 Posted by musclerider (589 posts) -

Add me my GT is MuscleRiderX
Been meaning to try some co-op myself but ran into the same issue.

#4 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@musclerider: What is your location?

#5 Posted by musclerider (589 posts) -

@Napalm: US East

#6 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@musclerider said:

@Napalm: US East

Awesome! So am I. More so Southeast. Georgia.

I'll add you tonight! I might start a separate Syndicate for us late bloomers who want to throw down on the Xbox 360.

#7 Posted by Humanity (9048 posts) -

I tried playing a month or two back and it was pretty barren but I did manage to get into some games. Sometimes you just need to play a level by yourself for a while and someone will usually join mid match.

Online
#8 Posted by musclerider (589 posts) -

@Napalm: Well now it's just weird because I'm actually in the North Atlanta area.

#9 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Humanity said:

I tried playing a month or two back and it was pretty barren but I did manage to get into some games. Sometimes you just need to play a level by yourself for a while and someone will usually join mid match.

Do you wanna play some?! Xbox 360!

@musclerider said:

@Napalm: Well now it's just weird because I'm actually in the North Atlanta area.

Well let's make this even weirder, then! I'm in Lawrenceville.

#10 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

I'll play. GT: Mesoian

#11 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Mesoian said:

I'll play. GT: Mesoian

Location?

#12 Posted by Humanity (9048 posts) -

Sure I am down to play with some doods

my GT: supHumanity

but I am on at weird times so might miss a lot of you. Still the more the merrier, maybe I can even get to some of those final tier unlocks.

Online
#13 Edited by Rotten_Avocado (83 posts) -

I'm down for some Syndicate CO-OPing.
GT: Rotten Avocado.
I'm East cost representing. It's Florida though :(
I got silver now but was waiting to use my 1 year subscription to get back to gold.
If you're serious I'll rip the tab off that motha!

#14 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Humanity said:

Sure I am down to play with some doods

my GT: supHumanity

but I am on at weird times so might miss a lot of you. Still the more the merrier, maybe I can even get to some of those final tier unlocks.

Awesome! What's your location?

@Rotten_Avocado said:

I'm down for some Syndicate CO-OPing. GT: Rotten Avocado. I'm East cost representing. It's Florida though :(

Sweet! I'll send you a friend invite tonight.

#15 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Mesoian said:

I'll play. GT: Mesoian

Location?

North East. Boston

#16 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Mesoian said:

@Napalm said:

@Mesoian said:

I'll play. GT: Mesoian

Location?

North East. Boston

Baustin?

#17 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4700 posts) -

I don't think I've ever played Syndicate co-op. I'm down.

GT: Ol Dirty Bearon

#18 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Mesoian said:

@Napalm said:

@Mesoian said:

I'll play. GT: Mesoian

Location?

North East. Boston

Baustin?

Like Bulger the boss.

#19 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1683 posts) -

@Napalm: Oooh, I'd be down for this. I've loaded up the game a couple times, and couldn't find anyone to play with as of late. I did get a few co-op matches in around release, which was awesome, but the game sold like shit, so I'm not surprised the MP community is lacking.

GT is BeardOfZeus26, and I'm representing washington DC. Add me, and we'll play for sure.

#20 Posted by XenoNick (1399 posts) -

Always up for playing some Syndicate. GT is XenoNick. I'm in the UK though so dunno if time zones will be an issue.

#21 Posted by musclerider (589 posts) -
@Napalm I'll definitely try to find some time for this weekend.
#22 Posted by Humanity (9048 posts) -

@Napalm: I will try around the weekend, I looked online yesterday when I was home and didn't see anyone on so maybe missed you guys. Also two people can handle most of the maps but not all. Keep in mind apart from the difficulty level you pick yourself, the maps scale in difficulty as you go from the top to the bottom of the list when you choose a level. The last mission is not only quite long but has you face off against several enemy agents at the same time towards the end with numerous waves of baddies, including chip jammers which was toooough for me on normal with two other guys.

Online
#23 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4700 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

I don't think I've ever played Syndicate co-op. I'm down.

GT: Ol Dirty Bearon

AWW YEEEEAH.

@beard_of_zeus said:

@Napalm: Oooh, I'd be down for this. I've loaded up the game a couple times, and couldn't find anyone to play with as of late. I did get a few co-op matches in around release, which was awesome, but the game sold like shit, so I'm not surprised the MP community is lacking.

GT is BeardOfZeus26, and I'm representing washington DC. Add me, and we'll play for sure.

You got it!

@XenoNick said:

Always up for playing some Syndicate. GT is XenoNick. I'm in the UK though so dunno if time zones will be an issue.

Definitely!

@musclerider: @Humanity: @Mesoian: @Rotten_Avocado: I added all of you, and myself and Rotten tried to go in a game just doing it two-fer style and we got ripped up, so this is definitely a four-person game. It doesn't look like there's scaling to number of persons, it just always assumes you've got four people in your group. Also, everybody should try and get a mic! I didn't have one and it made the whole ordeal difficult.

We're going to try and ride it again in the next few days, maybe even the weekend. My GT is Sir Xirodread on the Xbox 360, so if you get a request from me, now you know who it is!

I'm probably not doing anything for the next week. I'm usually on in the evenings between 6-2.

EDIT: Should probably mention that's EST.

#24 Posted by Rotten_Avocado (83 posts) -

The CO-OP does scale for the amount players. I played a couple rounds last night with some random people, then by myself, and it was way more intense with more people.

Sorry if I sucked. Got distracted by the sick gf and hadn't played Syndicate in like 4 months or so.

I'm definitely up for some CO-OP with teamwork. It's a bitch to play with random people who are just out there for themselves.

#25 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Rotten_Avocado said:

The CO-OP does scale for the amount players. I played a couple rounds last night with some random people, then by myself, and it was way more intense with more people.

Sorry if I sucked. Got distracted by the sick gf and hadn't played Syndicate in like 4 months or so.

I'm definitely up for some CO-OP with teamwork. It's a bitch to play with random people who are just out there for themselves.

It was a combination of the slap-dash attitude with which I threw that game together and a lack of microphone on my part that made things go sideways in the first ten seconds. Also, I wasn't really committed at that moment because I was about to make some food, but decided to throw out some invites.

@Oldirtybearon @Humanity

If we don't play in the next few days, no worries, I'm interested in doing co-op for the next few weeks, so we have plenty of time for games if we don't hook up in the next day or so.

#26 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

Yeah, just toss me a message on here when you want to play. I should be home this week/weekend.

#27 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (685 posts) -

A Cute Squirtle is my GT, US East.

#28 Posted by gaaaabe (8 posts) -

Hey, if somebody could shoot me an invite to GBHI, I'd be so stoked. My GT is GABECONTE, I usually play on 360.

#29 Posted by roughneck117 (190 posts) -

Is anyone here playing on the PC?? Theres a few of us on the PC gaming hub who want to play the co-op, but there are no players. If theres anyone who wants to, reply to me or come to the gaming hub mumble and we can play.

Here are the instructions, for those who need it, with the channel name and port: http://bit.ly/MSyEmE

#30 Posted by NeilRapalee (134 posts) -

@Rotten_Avocado: Actually the co-op does not scale despite popular belief.

From the amount that I have played the game (12 days and some change last I checked) the server essentially decides on the outset which instance of the mission it will be. I have figured this out based on the spawn points and just the overall amount of enemies during each mission. I have played this game too much.

I have played missions solo and have actually had more enemies than with a full party and vice-versa. The bigger issue is that there doesn't seem to be many variants of each mission so it is very simple to learn the spawn points and triggers. Fun stuff to do is memorize where doors open and throw a couple of grenades in there as they pop. You typically get 3-5 kills and an instant 250 point bonus plus the adrenaline boost is pretty great.

Anyway I still play on the weekends when I have time. I'll probably fire this up over the weekend if I'm home. Long weekends away from work are great.

#31 Posted by Syphous (170 posts) -

I wish I still had this game. The co-op was awesome. But like Jeff said in some podcast somewhere, DLC would have been much appreciated.

#32 Edited by MaharajaMD (32 posts) -

@napalm: Send me an invite to your syndicate... i tried starting my own to no avail my gamer tag on 360 is MaharajaMD1 looking for any active syndicate players that won't chip rip an agent in front of a bulletstorm (something I don't get)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.