Syndicate demo hard lock

#1 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

Hey guys,

I downloaded the Syndicate demo, yesterday. I played it with some friends in a private game and over the course of about 3 playthroughs, we had it hard lock our systems twice. Anyone else encountered that? The game is totally rad. I hope this was just some bad luck and not a sign of the quality of the online.

#2 Posted by razkazz (169 posts) -

It froze my 360 on the loading screen once and I had to press the button on the console to manually restart it. Is that a hard lock?

#3 Posted by GunstarRed (5194 posts) -

Yeah, it happened every single time I ended up in a game by myself.

#4 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Yeah - froze after my second playthrough on the scoreboard.

#5 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

So... It's looking good then?

#6 Edited by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I have to admit I am not entirely certain what it means to "hard lock". Is that a full freeze forcing a restart or just a freeze for a time that eventually unfreezes? Cause I had it lock up for about 5-ish seconds multiple times while playing through with a buddy. He had the same problems in the same place and it locked three times right before the demo ended. I assumed that that was just bad code for the demo since it wouldn't drop you out at that point (I assume) in the full version.

Edit: This was on PS3 btw

#7 Posted by Wolf (12 posts) -

Had a hard lock during my third play on my 360.

#8 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -

Played 5 or 6 public matches, but never froze up. The issue I did have was once the commander at the end of the mission seemed to stop walking around at a certain spot but could still shoot. I was unable to breach him or breach to reboot any of my teammates.

#9 Posted by Binbay55 (134 posts) -

Hard-locked 3 out of 3 times for me and my friend :/

#10 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

happened twice to me.

had it freeze on a loading screen once too but i could dashboard out.

#11 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

I tweeted the team about the issue and they told me to go to EA Customer Support about it. Totally not doin' that.

#12 Posted by Jackel2072 (2261 posts) -

i didnt have my system lock up. but the EA logo and the trailer for the game after the demo were really choppy.  like less then 20fps bad. the game it self ran smooth for me though. 

#13 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

I've been waiting on the "Connecting to Syndicate Server" screen for, like, forty minutes now.

#14 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

It's a demo, aka not final code. I don't think you should be worried.

#15 Posted by Wolfrum_920 (104 posts) -

Yip, same problem with me and my friends. Happened 5 times, always at the same point. the host is fine, but the connectors get black screens and hard locks

#16 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

Guess I'm not alone here. I was playing with two of my friends and it started off as a roulette of who would crash. After 5 or so tries, all three of use crashed at the same time. So we finally gave up, but for one of my friends, his 360 kept crashing after we moved onto Battlefield 3. His console hasn't operated the same since.... Not blaming the demo, as 360's aren't known for their durability. But I find it odd that this happened the same night.

#17 Posted by Fierrze (172 posts) -

Yeah it seems to crash pretty easily. But i noticed it has something to do with xbox live parties, because after i tried playing the demo without being in a party it didn't crash anymore. Seems wierd but it seems to help with the issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.