Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Syndicate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Syndicate is a reinvention of the 1993 game by Bullfrog. Developed at Starbreeze Studios, the game puts players in the shoes of Miles Kilo, one of the cybernetically-enhanced Agents who wages war against enemy mega-corporations on behalf of EuroCorp, his sponsor syndicate.

Syndicate in 2015 and beyond.

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Holy shit this game came and went but it was a awesome freaking ride if ya ask me! Now I played this bad boy on PS3 but was looking into the PC version since it's cheap and will look better but does anyone know if and decent mods exist for this game or if there's still a community for this game. Point me in the right direction.

I don't remember there ever being a competitive multiplayer mode but man would I love to play one, especially with all the gadgets and crap!

Please don't ignore this post if you come across it! :)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

You're right, it is a pretty awesome ride. They did the whole hacking the environment thing before Watch Dogs, and it was pretty goddamn rad. I should play through it again now that I've got a widescreen monitor.

I don't think there's competitive multiplayer, but there's a fun co-op mode. Kinda like a cyberpunk Left 4 Dead. I jumped in on the game late though (grabbed it for ~5 bucks at retail a few years back) and there didn't seem to be many people playing, sadly. Fuck man, they should make a new one. All their evil Cayman Island Corporation stuff and suiciding goons and grabbing chips from people's skulls. What a cool game.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are absolutely 0 mods for this. Probably due to a lack of popularity and the fact that the whole Origin-thing is kind of a closed eco-system.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

There were pretty much 0 people playing co-op on PC when I tried a year and a half ago, you probably won't find anyone.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I never got to play co-op on this, but if anyone wants to play the PS3-version I'd be down for that.

Avatar image for thecatswhiskers
    thecatswhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I was just watching the TNT for this and wondered if there were any new(ish) forum posts, and there is/are(?)!! I know this post is now months old, but watching the made me really want to play the co-op again, it was soooooooo good.

I was playing on 360, but would buy the PS3 version without hesitation if there were enough people up for playing it!

Maybe I'll put the 360 version back in and see if anyone is still playing

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well I just bought this for the second time purely because of the bombcast discussion about Assasin's Creed: Syndicate!!

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Syndicate, and really any Starbreeze game, is a goddamn masterpiece. Never before has there been such an awesome-feeling sniper rifle in a video game.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I really enjoyed the grappling hook in Syndicate. What's with that picture of a guy with a rifle at the top of the page?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Always get super bummed out when these threads get resurrected because I hope it's news of some Syndicate follow up. That was one of the best shooters in quite a while and the multiplayer got it's hooks in me in a way that Left 4 Dead never could.

talonar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't think this newest Assassin's Creed was that good to be honest.

Hehehehhehehehehe

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Always get super bummed out when these threads get resurrected because I hope it's news of some Syndicate follow up.

Same. That'll probably never happen, but at least one can hope that Starbreeze will still make another great FPS game one day.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glottery: star VR is the thing that their working now

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@glottery: The on-the-fly hacking was so ch a genius and novel concept that no one else has tried to replicate in any way! I agree that if we can't (and we probably won't) get another Syndicate then I'd settle for a similarly well designed futuristic Starbreeze shooter. Wasn't Wolf New Order also Starbreeze? Cause that was another quality shooter that didn't seem to garner all that much attention.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It bums me out that when people talk about Syndicate now, they mean Assassins Creed: Please Sir Can I Have Some More and not Miles Motherfucking Kilo.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity I guess Black Ops 3 comes closest to a follow-up, oddly enough. Maybe I'll grab that from a sale one day...and yeah. Or yes and no, MachineGames developed it and they got started-up by ex-Starbreeze members. I'm actually not sure if those guys left behind or after Syndicate, but at least they all worked on Riddick and Darkness. I think there's been a rumour or two about a Wolfenstein sequel, so maybe that'll be a cyberpunk nazi-shooter set to the 80's against a Hitler A.I. !

@alexgbro I completely forgot that they jumped the bandwagon as well. Guess we'll see how that goes...Brothers 2 - The VR edition?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Syndicate isn't abandoned again. The original games don't hold up that well in my opinion, but the concept, atmosphere and setting of the games really works for me. I want to see more dark futuristic cyberpunk'ish settings in games. The Cyberpunk 2077 rpg planned sounds interesting, but there's definitely room for future Syndicate games, both RTS, FPS and RPGs. It needs a good, big budget title to become relevant again.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funkydupe: Have you played Shadowrun Returns? That game has a really good dark cyberpunk vibe going on.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CptBedlam

@humanity said:

@glottery: The on-the-fly hacking was so ch a genius and novel concept that no one else has tried to replicate in any way! I agree that if we can't (and we probably won't) get another Syndicate then I'd settle for a similarly well designed futuristic Starbreeze shooter. Wasn't Wolf New Order also Starbreeze? Cause that was another quality shooter that didn't seem to garner all that much attention.

No, Wolfenstein was Machine Games - you know, the actual good people that once made Starbreeze what it is or rather "was". What's left of Starbreeze made the abomination that was new "Syndicate".

Yeah, I said it. This game gets way too much credit on Giantbomb. Also, Miles Kilo is a ridiculous name.

Akufen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@cozmicaztaway: I'm playing on PS3 these days if you want to play some co-op let me know!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stategy game fans ruined the buzz for this game, i have it on pc but since it runs through origin i ended up never really playing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.