Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

System Shock

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released 1994

Set in a bleak cyberpunk universe, System Shock is a first-person action-adventure game from Looking Glass Studios that challenges players to overcome the hazards of an immense, multi-level space station under the control of an artificial intelligence with aspirations of godhood.

Should I play this one?

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By clarke0

I've heard a LOT of good things about System Shock 2 and I really want to play it. Are there any important plot points or something that I would be missing out on if I didn't play System Shock 1 first?

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

It's a fantastic game but I'm not sure if you plan on playing SS2 that it's really worth playing SS1.  The story's aren't connected in any way but they both have pretty decent story.  Just make sure you don't spoil the story lines for yourself.

Going back to the graphics and the emulator trouble to play SS1 might not be worth it when SS2 works fine on XP (not sure about Vista)
    Bluepixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Bluepixie

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.