Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Table

Object » linked to 866 games

A flat surface that is often used to place objects upon - most commonly, food.

Gerstmann Takes On... (03/17/2013)

• 170 results
    happymeowmeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By happymeowmeow

I love when VGCW is just a huge fracas; it's a last man standing type match and characters just keep filing out the door with their cool intros.

@jeff I finally got a copy of Syndicate today, all your passionate arguments for it during the GOTY casts won me over and was on my "buy it when the price is right" list. Wonder if anyone still plays the multiplayer....

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ah yeah I find those machinima videos stupid too. Where they try to make it like a tv show? Yeah, fuck that.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excast said:

I was wondering how a Video Game Site Wrestling League might work.

The Giantbomb vs Polygon guys in a Survivor Series match.

As long as Ryan Davis gets the Sin Cara entrance everything will be fine.

Jeff would have to have this:

Loading Video...

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By Draxyle

It's definitely the EA arrogance that irritates me the most; they can't make an apology without patting themselves on the back every single time. It makes it hard to believe these statements are coming through un-edited from those Maxis employees when they sound exactly like every statement EA makes when it screws up. They very much think we're dumb while we're hacking their game to uncover an endless slew of lies.

And yes, I tuned in to VGCW for the first time last week, and I am a believer. That was some dumb fun to watch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
    deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VGCW is brilliant.

Olivaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Olivaw

@crushed said:

YO GANONDORF LET BOWSER WIN THAT REMATCH

Look at how he refused to pin Bowser in the last few minutes. Ganondorf is an honorable king. He will always have his legacy. Thousand Years of Darkness. Longest streak of title defenses. First double champion. First three-time champion. Defeated Baz and Little Mac at the height of their corporate power. He escaped Gaben's Wallet Squeeze and used it against him. His curse felled over a half-dozen wrestlers in their prime. He even humiliated Bowser in a past Inferno match.

What did Bowser have? That one time Arino nearly beat him? Those two interns that VGCW corporate pays to dress up as "hoes" during his entrance? No, it was the time he easily beat Ganondorf at the height of Ganondorf's reign, and that night it had been exposed that it was all due to cheating. It was all Bowser had, man.

Ganondorf graciously let him win. He's still a Tag Team Champion, and soon he'll be GM of the company. Bowser can have his narrow exhibition victory, then go back to hiding for the next five or ten promotions as usual.

I

fucking

LOVE

VGCW.

Olivaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Olivaw

Oh, and Jeff, it's great to hear you're still excited about stuff. Sometimes it seems like you're the most jaded motherfucker in the room, and if you can still get chills up your spine? Then games are still worth paying attention to!

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#GhostNappa

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@turboman: Chikara Pro is the best! I am a massive Dasher Hatfield fan.

Avatar image for captaininvictus
    CaptainInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here, for those of you who can't see the appeal of VGCW, it needs the chat alongside it as a proper "crowd" for the match. VGCW Clem has uploaded many of the recent matches complete with playlists to Youtube. They include the chat, which increases Hype Levels to somewhere around 8995, possibly more.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VGCWclem/videos?view=1&flow=grid

Here's the Casual Champion, Red(formerly Ash Ketchum) defending his title against the challenger, Mario.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hgRpE6V8p8&hd=1

@turboman said:

I love VGCW, but the chats are awful during it.

You should stop watching then because the chat is the best part about it outside of when Wario shows up(because stupid people don't understand why people say "Jewario" and turn it into ACTUAL anti-semitism) or when Barkley fought DK(lol racism is hilarious).

@zaccheus said:

I tried to watch VGCW and was disappointed that there was no commentary during the matches... The characters are amazing and the intros just unbelievable, but who want's to actually watch those matches?

There is commentary. Weren't you listening about the Educated Feet and how This Is Disgusting?!

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#63  Edited By beard_of_zeus

@flstyle said:

@zaccheus said:

I tried to watch VGCW and was disappointed that there was no commentary during the matches... The characters are amazing and the intros just unbelievable, but who want's to actually watch those matches?

4000+ people as of Tuesday night, part of the fun is the chat amusing themselves.

I guess if you can call that fun. I checked out the VGCW stuff for the first time the last time it was streaming, and enjoyed all the nonsense happening in the game, but the whole time the chat was just parroting whatever was being said by the announcers or in the story scenes in ALL CAPS. Seeing 4,000 people all think they have anything interesting to add to the proceedings when they truly don't is just kind of a bummer. That's the internet though, I guess.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#64  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Jeff, glad to see you excited about video games and video game-related wrestling nonsense. :)

Have fun at PAX! Maybe one of these times I'll make it out there...

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By MocBucket62

Really enjoyed the read Jeff! Thanks!

CaptainInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@zaccheus said:

4000+ people as of Tuesday night, part of the fun is the chat amusing themselves.

I guess if you can call that fun. I checked out the VGCW stuff for the first time the last time it was streaming, and enjoyed all the nonsense happening in the game, but the whole time the chat was just parroting whatever was being said by the announcers or in the story scenes in ALL CAPS. Seeing 4,000 people all think they have anything interesting to add to the proceedings when they truly don't is just kind of a bummer. That's the internet though, I guess.

you don't understand how crowds work probably because you are Forever Alone

marblecmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

EVERYONE'S GOT A PRICE!

Rocospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Rocospi

Based on the Simcity successful sales figures, I believe you can describe it as a tactical victory with a strategic defeat.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@flstyle said:

@zaccheus said:

Exactly. Love it or hate it, it's like a real wrestling event/show/PPV crowd in text form, which for me adds to the craziness.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olivaw said:

Oh, and Jeff, it's great to hear you're still excited about stuff. Sometimes it seems like you're the most jaded motherfucker in the room, and if you can still get chills up your spine? Then games are still worth paying attention to!

agreed, that in the sense that its great that there are still games that get him stoked!

the most jaded remark id probably give to brad imo, as jeff has a pretty balanced opinion these days,

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

plz recreate captain olimar and a herd of pikmin in this. are there any midget models?

Avatar image for ilovevideogames
    ILOVEVIDEOGAMES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ILOVEVIDEOGAMES
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

"VGCW" straight up copied this guy , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv36psYbP8w.

He streams on Twitch because it seems to be more popular than Livestream (obviously).

Take it or leave it, this guy invented this and deserves all credit. "VGCW" is just awful compared to the original show.

slot9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very informative. It's like I just read a jar video.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KittyVonDoom

I still find it hard to believe any sane person actually chooses to waste their time and money watching people play video games competitively. I feel guilty enough playing games myself, but watching others be OCD over a game? It feels to be as constructive as watching graphics fly by on a screensaver or someone playing darts.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilovevideogames: Baz credits who he 'copied' the idea from, no idea what you're talking about.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MikkaQ

@jeff Wait, so if there are text-based chants in the VGCW, are there also assholes who keep typing "What?" and think that's still funny?

punkycrisps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77  Edited By punkycrisps

@russcat: As I understand it, people have only been able to download other players' cities and mess 'em up locally. They don't sync back to the server last I heard.

Whirblewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sometimes wonder if Jeff is anhedonic.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mikkaq said:

@jeff Wait, so if there are text-based chants in the VGCW, are there also assholes who keep typing "What?" and think that's still funny?

I haven't run into that. I've seen people freaking out (in a good way) about characters doing finishers, even to the point of giving them names; and voicing their love for the music being played during matches. The only times I've seen chants are when Bazza plays them during the livestream. I've heard "This is awesome!" chants from wrestling shows being played when crazy stuff happens.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@jeff Would love to see Giant Bomb host the matches in the chat.

SupberUber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the best article I've read. I'm not sure if it even qualifies as an article.

CaptainInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By CaptainInvictus

@ilovevideogames said:

"VGCW" straight up copied this guy *snip*

He streams on Twitch because it seems to be more popular than Livestream (obviously).

Take it or leave it, this guy invented this and deserves all credit. "VGCW" is just awful compared to the original show.

Yeah, no, that guy didn't create it. It's been around for YEARS longer than that guy you linked, there's 6+ year old videos of old WWE games with Kirby, Mario, etc fighting. Sounds like just another butthurt baby, mad that Bazza took an amusing-but-short-lived concept and turned it into something great.

edit: oh hahaha I didn't even notice you linked to Dreyens. Yeah you're crazy misinformed, sorry bro. Dreyens is just some super crazy mad 4chan idiot, THE MOST butthurt of babies, who literally registered a Something Awful account just to post a banme bitching about Bazza and linking to his stream. He's the worst, and if you continue to be a fan of his, you're like, the worst's worstling.

Generiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

NL is enough video game wrestling for me

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@hailinel said:

@zaccheus said:

I don't know, it's pretty addicting watching the likes of a hilariously constructed Bowser and Ganondorf go at it for half an hour in a ring that's been set on fire.

Vinny should commentate the whole thing.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#86  Edited By AV_Gamer

Overall, nice article. EA makes people want to hate them, like the New England Patriots. However, as long as fans spent their money and buy their games, they don't care what the people think. For every major corporation, the bottom-line is profit, not heart-warming praises.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I still find it hard to believe any sane person actually chooses to waste their time and money watching people play video games competitively. I feel guilty enough playing games myself, but watching others be OCD over a game? It feels to be as constructive as watching graphics fly by on a screensaver or someone playing darts.

You can say the same thing about any activity on the internet. You and I engaging in this pointless online conversation is a waste of time by that logic. If you're on this website, you probably watch the video content or listen to the bombcast. How is that any different than watching pros play in a tournament? Finding it to be not entertaining is one thing, but it's no more a waste of time than anything else that isn't truly "constructive".

Grondoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Grondoth

Everyone in the chat knows they don't have anything interesting to add to the proceedings. #EDUCATEDFEET IS TRENDING WORLDWIDE and 2FAST are not cogent, serious analysis of what's going on. That's not the point. The point is to yell stupid things in text along side 2 thousand other people yelling stupid things and laugh at how weird everything is getting. Having the whole chat yell BUZZ when they were first talking about another toy only to have the chat all yell OKAY NOT BUZZ when it wasn't a spaceman is the kind of stupid fun that the chat is for.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What did Jeff see? Battlefield 4? Has it not been announced AT ALL?

Follow the money.

Avatar image for ilovevideogames
    ILOVEVIDEOGAMES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ILOVEVIDEOGAMES

@endurancefun: I don't know much but I remember Team Swift came from "Dreyens" previous stream and there's more content from Dreyen's stream that goes back to 2011. Take your bet there.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you watch the old episodes of VGCW? I want to start watching it.

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#92  Edited By AURON570

VGCW looks like something I'd only check out if I had a lot of time to burn and was feeling really bored with everything... or drunk. Something like Homestuck (which I stopped reading after act 2, I think?)

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
    zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"VGCW" straight up copied this guy , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv36psYbP8w.

Bazza at no point claims to be the originator of this, and mentions in his Twitch info that he wasn't the first person to do this. Quit crying.

How do you watch the old episodes of VGCW? I want to start watching it.

http://www.twitch.tv/bazza87

Bazza87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Bazza87

Nice article, thanks for writing this and watching my show. I'm creating the next episode as we speak and aiming to stream this Tuesday. I'm chilling in my channel now at http://www.twitch.tv/bazza87 If anyone has any questsions for me or just wants to chat.

scarycrayons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here, for those of you who can't see the appeal of VGCW, it needs the chat alongside it as a proper "crowd" for the match. VGCW Clem has uploaded many of the recent matches complete with playlists to Youtube. They include the chat, which increases Hype Levels to somewhere around 8995, possibly more.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VGCWclem/videos?view=1&flow=grid

Requoting this so people can see the past episodes with the chat recorded.

Without the chat at the side, VGCW is meaningless. With the chat, especially when it's live and nobody knows what's going to happen, it's amazing.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched an episode of VGCW and was annoyed at how long matches took, the stories were funny though. I like how Jeff hates something just cause of it's name. I just watch Red vs Blue which I think has evolved to be more than machinima since it has full animations now.

I wonder what that new game Jeff saw is about, Jeff making me curious as fuck. Also when's that xbox press thingy?

bushlemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By bushlemon

I read the whole article in Jeff's Gaming Minute voice

CaptainInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look up "VGCW Clem" on youtube. There's a bunch of recordings split up into individual matches/plot and put into playlists in order.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#99 jeanluc  Staff

I like machinima (well I like RvB anyways) so I disagree with Jeff there but I have always hated the word.

Avatar image for satelliteoflove
    SatelliteOfLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By SatelliteOfLove

@flstyle said:

@zaccheus said:

Stream Monsters have never been a source of Wylde-level wit. Get past their dullard spew and you have Good Stupid for days out of the matches and faux kayfabe (there's a rabbithole of meta) themselves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.