Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 11, 2010

A PSP rebuilding of the classic Super Famicom title, it was never localized for the North American market. The game preserves the original graphical style, but a new 3D engine allows for crisp visuals and a better view of the battlefield.

Tips for a first-timer

kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kuz101

I have never played Tactics Ogre before and having just read the manual I can tell there is gonna be some cool secret characters, strategies, items, etc that I will probably miss. Any tips to help this first-timer?

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By lead_farmer

I played over 100 hours and I ended up stuck at a point.

-Make sure you have guys that will counteract all the times the enemy will try to paralyze and slow you down. They do that a lot.

-Have your archers know the trajectory skill. It will help avoid embarrassing missed shots.

-If you want to save unique characters you'll have to be prepared to rush the bad guys sometimes. CPU allies are dumb as rocks and do crazy things.

The game gets rough sometimes but the story is so good that it is worth it. Now I want to jump back in!

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By buft

I got royally frustrated just trying to build my team at the start, i know hand holding is frowned upon but this game didnt explain any of this stuff and its just criminal.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

First, become familiar with the auto-training thing where you can just let the CPU control your guys in mock battles. Second, get ninjas and equip them with the Incubus spell. Third, fuck shit up.

kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kuz101

Thanks for the tips! If anyone still has tips to give, have at it!

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Vexed

The winged dude... forgot his name, he is by far your strongest character for a while.  Give him a bow and keep him alive.

Tame a dragon or two, they make awesome tanks.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Archers are really useful. You'll want to have a few strong ones around most of the time.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By XenoNick

@kuz101: Kinda glad you started this since I'm about start the game myself soon. Nice to have knowledge going in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.