Wobble bass is Ryan's worst enemy

#1 Edited by Vitor (2821 posts) -

OK, seriously, everyone - this has to stop. All trailers are starting to blur into one for me.

When did this craze start? Was it that UC3 multiplayer reveal trailer that kicked things off? Everyone seems to be going to the same well for their trailers these days. But, you know what? The well has dried up. PLEASE STOP.

#2 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1004 posts) -

It's dubstep man, it's popular these days.

#3 Posted by Vitor (2821 posts) -

@Bobby_The_Great said:

I know. I don't dislike it, I'm just surprised it's everywhere. I guess there's only so many ways you can cut a trailer but, still, if you're trying to differentiate your product from the rest, using the same music probably doesn't help...

#4 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1573 posts) -

Well to be fair, this is really poor wobble bass.

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11942 posts) -

What is dubstep and why is it suddenly a thing =( I am so out of touch.

#6 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1177 posts) -

Wobbli'n da Bass mon!

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

Wobble base only belongs in europian rave parties and Truckmania.

#8 Posted by Vitor (2821 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Everything belongs in Trackmania. Even those things which don't.

#9 Posted by Khann (2851 posts) -

Dubstep is the anti-Bieber... which amusingly is making it the new Bieber.

#10 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -

Looks like GTA 4 machinima.

#11 Edited by MikkaQ (10290 posts) -

@Bobby_The_Great said:

It's not even so much the dubstep that's propagating as it is the wobble bass. It seems a lot of modern music that has nothing to do with dubstep is incorporating wobble bass when they would have never done so before.

EDIT: This is the slickest helicopter sim trailer I've ever seen. And brother, I've seen a lot. But not really.

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Dude... I think we have a hit new game on our hands. Truckmania would combine the best elements of Trackmania and Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

#12 Posted by Ramone (2966 posts) -

What the hell is this game? Also this is just a trend like the whole Inception horn thing is they'll both pass soon.

#13 Posted by sandwich_adjustment (685 posts) -

hehe that didnt really go together very well....

#14 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Wow that was horrible

But dubstep in trailers can be awesome, that Skrillex song in Syndicate was fucking awesome

#15 Posted by Getz (3013 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

What is dubstep and why is it suddenly a thing =( I am so out of touch.

Where the hell have you been? It was big in the UK for awhile and it slowly bled in to Europe and The States. As for why it's so popular? Who knows, why is anything popular? You can dance to it, fuck to it, smoke to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.