3.5 stars 3.5/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 3 releases and 0 DLC

Tales of Destiny is a fun RPG from start to finish. 0

I originally played Tales of Destiny back in 1998 or 1999 when I borrowed it from my cousin. This was my first Tales of game, since at this point it was the only one to reach the American shores, but what a game it was for me back then. 2D rpgs seemed dead in the water at this point, there was Wild Arms, Suikoden, Legend of Oasis and a handful of others, but Final Fantasy 7 created a wave of 3D. Tales of Destiny was a throwback for me, and made me love 2D RPGs all over again. The battle system w...

In a world where 3D never existed 0

Remember the days before FF7?  It was a time when RPGs featured 2D sprites with large heads, colorful graphics, storylines where a band of heroes would save the world, and poorly translated text.  Okay, well the last two are still a feature of modern RPGs, but developers are slowly improving upon the RPG formula.  Tales of Destiny harkens back to this golden age of RPGs on the SNES.  Fans of old school RPGs will love the 2D character designs, the upbeat music, and the colorful world in which the...