Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Graces F

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

An enhanced PlayStation 3 port of Namco Bandai's Wii JRPG, Tales of Graces. It is the sole version of the game released in North America.

Didn't realize this was coming out so soon!

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By RainVillain

Is this supposed to be any good?

I'm playing through Tales of the Abyss on 3DS right now and digging that. I was kinda meh on Vesperia and Symphonia though..

edit: also, the sooner this comes out, the sooner (hopefully) Xillia comes out.. which looks amazing!

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ZenaxPure

Word from people who've played the Japanese version seems to be that it's pretty good.  

Personally I really hate how it clearly looks like a Wii game they put little effort into porting to the PS3, everything just looks so bland and flat. Combat still looks like fun and fast-paced Tales stuff which is what I really enjoy most of the games.

And I'm sure we'll get Xillia in 5 or so years :P

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Phatmac

The art looks terrible, that alone is making me not pick it up. I'm sort of a fan of the Tales game, mostly Vesperia. Dunno if this is any good. It looks like JRPG number 67979799 to me, but what do I know?

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Chop

The combat is a pretty big step down from Vesperia. They focused on making it flashy and as a result, failed to keep the depth that Vesperia brought to the series. You can beat the game and do huge combos by just mashing the buttons with your palm. However, they did introduce a new dodging mechanic that is pretty awesome.

The art style and story are both apparently a lot more childish and cheesy than anything in the series before...so yeah. Don't know how that was possible, but by all accounts they've managed to pull that miracle off.

It's gonna be the first localized Tales game that I don't pick up. That has more to do with my growing distaste of the genre but it doesn't help that the game doesn't seem like anything special.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Chop said:

You can beat the game and do huge combos by just mashing the buttons with your palm. 

You have no idea how much you just crushed a ton of my interest for the game if that is true.
    Slayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Slayne

Namco likes to use as little advertising as possible and to release Tales titles around other major titles. Never makes sense to me.

sunsetstreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sunsetstreek

I'm getting my copy soon, and honestly, from the demo, I like the battle system. Game looks okay to me to, looks like a cleaned up Wii game, which is fine with me.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By kerse

have you guys played it yet? hows the story?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.