Finished; what's the better choice?

#1 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

Hey guys, I finished the main arc yesterday and wonder: what's a "better" (as in more rewarding) choice: Starting the future arc immediately and grind (for both fun and trophies) or playing through the game a second or even third time, collecting more bonus points on the way and then start the future arc?

I'm a bit unpatient sometimes, so I found myself rushing through the game a bit, so I didn't finish a lot of the side quests and also didn't grind at all (finished the game on lvl 64 with half of the titles unlocked and up to rank 5). So while I'm curious about the future arc, I'm also tempted to start a new game + with some of the bonuses like EXP x5 or FP x2, but all my titles are reset to rank zero (I did choose to have them unlocked though) and I skipped the child arc and start at level 10 ._. So it'll be kind of a drag to play all the way to the part where you unlock the shuttle and traveling becomes MUCH easier.

So I'm asking for your opinion, what do you think is better in the long run: Investing more time into a rather complete playthrough of the main arc or just continuing into the future arc like that?

#2 Posted by Kaigan (279 posts) -

Future arc first. It's just the next chapter in the game, starting over now would be like playing the game 2/3s through and restarting.

Having the Accel skills/titles in subsequent playthroughs is also pretty awesome.

#3 Posted by SomeJerk (3245 posts) -

I'd reocmmend future and then doing ZhoneCage.

My personal plan after wrapping those two up is to try a one-character newgame+ playthrough, though I need a bunch of points for the things I need. (Challenges? Love 'em)

#4 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@Kaigan: Ah ok, I thought the future arc is more like a bonus/end-game type of thing. Thanks :) One question though: What's accel?

@SomeJerk: Ok. I assume Zhonecage is a post-game dungeon? A one-character playthrough sounds like a huge challenge, good luck with that :)

#5 Posted by Kaigan (279 posts) -

@Morrow: It's like an Overlimit equivalent, if you've played other Tales games.

Also, despite the future arc being a continuation of the actual story, it plays something like a DLC story addon. Once you beat it, you get dumped back into the main arc with everything you've gained and from there, you can choose to replay the future arc as many times as you want.

#6 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@Kaigan said:

@Morrow: It's like an Overlimit equivalent, if you've played other Tales games.

Also, despite the future arc being a continuation of the actual story, it plays something like a DLC story addon. Once you beat it, you get dumped back into the main arc with everything you've gained and from there, you can choose to replay the future arc as many times as you want.

No I haven't, but ok.

Ah, I see. Is there a special reward for replaying the future arc instead of just grinding?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.