Tales of Graces F confirmed for western released

#1 Edited by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

After a week of teaser images,   http://ataleoftworichards.com/ updated today with a very clear image stating that Tales of Graces F will be coming soon to North America, hooray :D No official date is set on the site but I'm sure Namco will announce one in the near future.

Can't wait to finally play it! :D 

Edit: ugg spelling error in title D:

#2 Posted by mutha3 (4980 posts) -

Don't care much for the Tales of series, but its good to see Namco actually bringing these games over for their fans.

#3 Posted by phantomzxro (1532 posts) -

dang your fast beat me too it. but I'm glad they are releasing it here. it about time they give us some love, now all they have to do is release tales of vesperia

#4 Posted by Chop (1965 posts) -

I honestly didn't think they'd ever bring another one over.  

Lets hope they actually advertise this one...

#5 Posted by Tearhead (2104 posts) -

I was really excited for this game around its release, but so much time has passed, I don't think I care anymore.

#6 Posted by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

I was wondering if Namco was going to put any more tales games over seas since they never put out the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia well this news makes me glad I thought I would have no more new tales games to play.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (22720 posts) -

I would love to listen in on the meetings that determine which Tales games get localized and which don't.

#8 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

I just want Tales of Vesperia PS3 to be out damn it. 

#9 Posted by kerse (2040 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia was the last jrpg I really really enjoyed.

#10 Posted by Gwendolyn (34 posts) -

But what about Europe? 

Ah, fuck it, I'll just import the North American version. Knowing Namco, they'll release it in PAL regions one, two, maybe three years after it's out in America, if at all. Or maybe they'll release a European handheld port of it five years after it's out everywhere else, like they did with Tales of Eternia.

#11 Posted by Icemael (6271 posts) -

Awesome news! 

@Gwendolyn: Word. Will be importing this for sure.  

#12 Posted by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
@Icemael: @Gwendolyn: 

Yup. Golden rule for a PAL gamer :

Never buy a PAL only console.
#13 Posted by Apathylad (3065 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" I would love to listen in on the meetings that determine which Tales games get localized and which don't. "

#14 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

God, I hope it comes out on the PS3 or 360 and not just the Wii.

#15 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2041 posts) -

I have never bought a Tales game before. I think I'll throw caution to the wind and check this one out.

#16 Posted by Hailinel (22720 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" God, I hope it comes out on the PS3 or 360 and not just the Wii. "
You're mistaken.  Tales of Graces F is the PS3 port of the Wii title, which is just named Tales of Graces.

So really, Namco still found an audience to screw over by not localizing the Wii version.
#17 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" God, I hope it comes out on the PS3 or 360 and not just the Wii. "
You're mistaken.  Tales of Graces F is the PS3 port of the Wii title, which is just named Tales of Graces.  So really, Namco still found an audience to screw over by not localizing the Wii version. "
Yeah, I didn't really know much about this game except that there had been a new Tales game in Japan on the Wii. Well, great then. I'll be buying it.
#18 Posted by Lautaro (448 posts) -

Sweet I will be getting this, I liked Vesperia a lot but then I got stuck on a wolf fight.

#19 Posted by Scrawnto (2413 posts) -
@Apathylad: That is awesome.
#20 Posted by JJOR64 (18784 posts) -

Holy crap.  They are actually localizing a Tales game?  Someone give them a cookie.

#21 Posted by m1k3 (1322 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia was my first Tales game (i know i got into it pretty late), and i really liked it. Hope its good.

#22 Posted by Pepsiman (2450 posts) -

The lack of fans with entitlement issues in this thread most pleases me. Sometimes I forget there are nice Tales fans after reading so much Siliconera.

#23 Posted by DallasTheGamer (154 posts) -

I'm pretty surprised they actually announced something like this. But I wanted Vesperia more. To bad TOV is mighty expensive in europe.

#24 Posted by metalsnakezero (2269 posts) -

Wow, Fing finally.

Take my money Namco!
#25 Posted by ShadowMountain (226 posts) -

I almost want to buy two copies. Almost. If I wasn't a poor student I would.
With this good news I can go to bed now happy - G'night everyone!

#26 Posted by Capella (68 posts) -

I already have this game in Japanese. I will buy it again. It's probably my favorite of the Tales games I've played, anyway. I am so, so thrilled it's actually coming over here I think the world is ending. Fuck. 

Also, I love the official site URL.

#27 Posted by Soap_of_Death (94 posts) -

It would have been nice to get Vesperia (PS3) as well but I'm more than happy to settle for Graces. Hopefully the sales of Graces and feedback from fans do enough to bring about an early localisation of Xillia.

#28 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

This is now confirmed for Europe along with Abyss on 3DS - woooo!

#29 Posted by zafir (10 posts) -

Indeed, Abyss 3DS this year and Graces f next. I just hope there isn't that much of a difference between the european release date and the american one. I managed to get a preorder in for Graces f at $40(Amazon misspricing ftw), so if europe has to wait longer, then I'll probably keep that and get it from there. Otherwise I'll older it from whichever UK retailer is selling it cheapest so it adds to european sales.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.