Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Hearts

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 18, 2008

The third Tales game for the DS and the 11th mothership title in the series.

Tales of Hearts - Details in Famitsu

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

This week has seen a large update on both the official website for Tales of Hearts, as well as Famitsu. Two new characters have finally been unveiled, the first being Beryl and the second is Kunzite, with the developer apparently opting for gem naming. On the website there are also some new wallpapers available for both the CG and Animation versions of the game.

Below is some information revealed by Famitsu:

Soma Link
    Throughout the game there are various events in which you can choose different options towards another character, called a "Soma Link". Through certain choices it will cause the outcomes of scenes to change, and the character may gain points towards their "Soma Link Value". Once it becomes high enough, the character can learn various skills.

Customisation
    In the game exists the option "Soma Build", through which the player upgrades the Soma (weapons) of the party and control their growth.

Through using Soma Build, members of the party can gain new abilities called "Soma Skills". When Soma Build is performed on a weapon enough times, the weapon goes through a process called "Soma Evolve", in which the Soma will take various new patterns and/or forms.

This cute little RPG is due in December in Japan. It seemed like it was going to get a huge bulk of the December sales but what with the recent announcement of Professor Layton 3 and the arrival of Chrono Trigger DS in November that may well not be the case. This is a fine looking RPG, for me it's the best looking on DS easily so far. I love my Tales games and cannot wait to play a US version when it becomes available.

Anyone else interested?

Tales of Hearts Trailer - GGI Version

Tales of Hearts Trailer - Anime Version

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Axersia

Don't you mean if it becomes available in the US next year? They didn't localize Innocence, so I don't see why this'll be any different. The big difference is that it's sprite-based, and we all know how Namco feels about localizing sprite-based Tales games. Maybe Nintendo will bring it over...

But yeah, I'll import it. Certainly not on release date though; $60 is a bit too pricey for me.

Also, is it just me, or is this guy totally L from Death Note?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

I'm sure Namco know that, but from what we've seen they aren't fond of releasing Tales games outside Japan. And it's even worse for me, who lives in Europe(It's ridiculous that we're not getting Vesperia until spring 2009, and let's not even talk about Dawn. They said "We might consider releasing it in Europe in the future", which means if they ever do it, it won't be before fall 2009). I'm taking Japanese classes now, and one of the main reasons is to be able to import the games. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

NeoGaf''s Duckroll has noticed that the games release date has changed on the official site, meaning it will be released on the same day as Dissidia. Namco must be really confident, or really stupid. Going up against a FF game on PSP, in Japan : /

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SpinCookie

I hope this gets localized, I've never played a tales game and was looking for a good place to start.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I've been waiting for this for a while. ;__; I've just been hoping that it wouldn't get canceled like the other Tales game on the DS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.