Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 07, 2009

Telltale resurrects the much-loved pirate adventure franchise with Tales of Monkey Island, a five-part episodic series continuing the adventures of Guybrush Threepwood, this being the first.

E3 Day 0: Tales of Monkey Island

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By dantebk
    LeChuck and a monkey
    LeChuck and a monkey
    Had to work at my day job most of yesterday, but I still had time to get downtown and meet with Telltale Games, including founder and CTO Kevin Bruner and Design Director (and adventure game legend) Dave Grossman, for a company-on-one preview and discussion about Tales of Monkey Island.

Don't have much time to write about it here as I have to get ready for Day 1, but if anyone is interested, my massive preview article is up at adventuregamers.com.
    dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By dantebk
    LeChuck and a monkey
    LeChuck and a monkey
    Had to work at my day job most of yesterday, but I still had time to get downtown and meet with Telltale Games, including founder and CTO Kevin Bruner and Design Director (and adventure game legend) Dave Grossman, for a company-on-one preview and discussion about Tales of Monkey Island.

Don't have much time to write about it here as I have to get ready for Day 1, but if anyone is interested, my massive preview article is up at adventuregamers.com.
    Ravey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ravey
    Oh nice, I read a little of this earlier, didn't want to read it all because of the spoilers though...

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dantebk
    @Ravey said:
    " Oh nice, I read a little of this earlier, didn't want to read it all because of the spoilers though... "
    The only plot details I discuss are from the game's tutorial, so feel free to read without worrying about spoilers.  I'm really sensitive to spoilers myself, and wouldn't include anything I thought my ruin someone's experience.  In fact, I never got around to discussing the basic thrust of the entire series, which is revealed in the official promo's for the game on Telltale's site.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Absurd

I'm so stoked for Tales of Monkey Island, Hope they don't fuck it up.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

Glad to see they got Ron in there to help and a lot of the old Monkey Island guys are involved.  Don't love the game's graphical style, what did you think of it in person?  Anyways, I'm very excited.  Good write up man.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Absurd

Yes, As mentioned above, It was a great read. I'm still excited. Also, I was hoping for a different art style, because I loved the look of the clouds in Curse of Monkey Island :\

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dantebk
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    "Glad to see they got Ron in there to help and a lot of the old Monkey Island guys are involved.  Don't love the game's graphical style, what did you think of it in person?  Anyways, I'm very excited.  Good write up man."

The art style looks pretty much the same in person as it does in screenshots.  However, as much as I love the Curse of Monkey Island art, for me the most important thing about MI is the jokes, and the demo was really funny.  If you remember, when MI3 came out, we were all upset about the change in art then, and we came to love it because the game was so good.  If the whole series is anything like the demo I had, we'll eventually love the new art style as well.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud
    @dantebk said:
    "
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    "Glad to see they got Ron in there to help and a lot of the old Monkey Island guys are involved.  Don't love the game's graphical style, what did you think of it in person?  Anyways, I'm very excited.  Good write up man."
    The art style looks pretty much the same in person as it does in screenshots.  However, as much as I love the Curse of Monkey Island art, for me the most important thing about MI is the jokes, and the demo was really funny.  If you remember, when MI3 came out, we were all upset about the change in art then, and we came to love it because the game was so good.  If the whole series is anything like the demo I had, we'll eventually love the new art style as well. "
    I completely agree and that's why I'm still really excited anyways.  I'm sure the art style will grow on me.  It's awesome that they got all the old creative guys involved again in some way.  That was going to be my worry, that MI would come back and not be as funny as it used to be.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Absurd

IM STILL EXCITED OFMGOFMGF

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.