Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Aug 05, 2010

Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon Cross is a remake of the dungeon-crawler spin-off Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon with an updated battle system. It's also a cross compilation including the full voice version of Tales of Phantasia previously released on PSP, which also features some enhancements to its combat system.

A New Tales Game?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided
    A leak of next issue of Jump magazine is being reported on a well known Tales site in Japan, the leak in question concerns the issues preview page, of it's upcoming issue which promises a big announcement of a new entry in a game series. "You definitely won't want to miss this!!", writes the magazine.  Jump magazine is often used to announce new games in the Tales series.

UPDATED 

It's been confirmed Namco-Bandai are making a PSP remake of  Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon, which was the first ever sequel in the Tales series released in the year 2000 on Game Boy Color. The new game will be called "Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X" 

The new PSP game is actually two games in one. In addition to a remake of the original Game Boy Color title, also included is a remake of Tales of Phantasia. This will be titled "Tales of Phantasia X". The combat system for this game will be fresh with current trends in the Tales series.

Jump magazine refers to Tales of Phantasia X as being a remake of the very first Tales game - a remake of the 1995 Super Famicom original. Tales of Phantasia was remade for PlayStation in 1998. The PlayStation remake was later remade for the PSP with 2006's "Tales of Phantasia - Full Voice Edition."

The last game in the Tales series was on Nintendo Wii, the 360 & PS3 are due a new game... 

Tales of Graces

spacebutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By spacebutler

The dodge system looks pretty nice, but... This is for the Wii? Too bad.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011

Damn, i want another 360 game i bought Vesperia and really liked it which is surprising seeing i hate anime. It was also my first JRPG since Pokemon Red, wish i knew about this series earlier i may have got into JRPG's sooner.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

That dodge system is really what I needed in Vesperia! Blocking was good enough to get me by though.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nick_verissimo

So is this coming out in North America?  I think I heard it was released in Japan, but had no plans to come over here yet, which is a real bummer, considering all the DS Tales games that never get ported over here either.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ
    @nick_verissimo said:
    " So is this coming out in North America?  I think I heard it was released in Japan, but had no plans to come over here yet, which is a real bummer, considering all the DS Tales games that never get ported over here either. "
    Yeah, but the console ones have had a lot more success. Legendia, Eternia, Symphonia, and Vesperia (ntm Symphonia Dawn of the New World) all made it across the ocean
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's been confirmed Namco-Bandai are making a PSP remake of  Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon, which was the first ever sequel in the Tales series released in the year 2000 on Game Boy Color. The new game will be called "Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X".  The new PSP game is actually two games in one. In addition to a remake of the original Game Boy Color title, also included is a remake of the first ever Tales game - Tales of Phantasia. This will be titled "Tales of Phantasia X". The combat system for this game will be fresh with current trends in the Tales series. Jump magazine refers to Tales of Phantasia X as being a remake of the very first Tales game - a remake of the 1995 Super Famicom original.  

( Tales of Phantasia was remade for PlayStation in 1998. The PlayStation remake was later remade for the PSP with 2006's "Tales of Phantasia - Full Voice Edition.")      

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#9  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I've enjoyed a couple of the Tales games, the most notable being Vesperia.  Dug the hell out of that game.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By Icemael

So it's a PSP game, huh? And a remake, too? There's no way this is getting localized... damn it.

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By kingclaw

I´m just boring, theres nothing else to do at 5:46 am

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.