Tales of the Abyss

#1 Posted by ryeguy489 (117 posts) -

How would you rate this game among the other Tales games? I'm still playin it but so far its pretty good...not as good as symphonia though.

#2 Posted by Axersia (1613 posts) -

Story and character wise it's pretty good (unlike Symphonia IMO), but I can't stand the loading times, and it's buggy/glitchy/laggy as hell.

I think they couldn't give it enough development time because it absolutely had to come out on Dec 15 2005 in Japan to mark the series' 10th anniversary.

#3 Posted by psr388 (268 posts) -

i've only played 3 tales games...

story and characters are on par with symphonia imo, but i tend to view TOS as generally better

symphonia pwns with gameplay tho, it just runs smoother and looks better. this is the ps2's fault really.

all in all, i list the tales games from best to worst thusly:


1. Tales of Symphonia
2. Tales of the Abyss
3. Tales of Phantasia

#4 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

I loved Tales of the Abyss.. I know that once again we had to deal with some amnesiac protagonist, but I really liked the character development, and felt emotionally attached to the characters by the end.


Also, the Bump of Chicken soundtrack songs were outstanding. 

But looking at improvement in graphics, I cannot wait for Tales of Vesperia
#5 Posted by ryeguy489 (117 posts) -
SonicFire said:
"I loved Tales of the Abyss.. I know that once again we had to deal with some amnesiac protagonist, but I really liked the character development, and felt emotionally attached to the characters by the end.

Also, the Bump of Chicken soundtrack songs were outstanding. 

But looking at improvement in graphics, I cannot wait for Tales of Vesperia
"
Me neither have you played the demo for it yet?
#6 Posted by psr388 (268 posts) -
ryeguy489 said:
"SonicFire said:
"I loved Tales of the Abyss.. I know that once again we had to deal with some amnesiac protagonist, but I really liked the character development, and felt emotionally attached to the characters by the end.

Also, the Bump of Chicken soundtrack songs were outstanding. 

But looking at improvement in graphics, I cannot wait for Tales of Vesperia
"
Me neither have you played the demo for it yet?"
woah, vesperia positivity

didnt see that one coming

;-D
#7 Posted by DJ_LaFleur (178 posts) -

Abyss was not quite as good as symphonia IMO, but was still a great game!

#8 Posted by psr388 (268 posts) -
SonicFire said:
"Also, the Bump of Chicken soundtrack songs were outstanding."
agreed, shame they took the actual song out of the english opening
#9 Posted by Robininja (3 posts) -

Tales of Symphonia is the only Tales game i have played and it was really a wonderful experience.

#10 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -

Tales of the Abyss has an okay story and the two most important characters are really annoying. Other than that, the gameplay is is pretty awesome.

In my opinion, Symphonia is way better.

#11 Posted by ryeguy489 (117 posts) -

well i just beat this game yesterday......pretty damn good game, the ending was bitter sweet to me, i wish they wouldve explained more on what happened next...instead of leaving you wondering.......but overall iam pleased with it

#12 Posted by psr388 (268 posts) -
ryeguy489 said:
"well i just beat this game yesterday......pretty damn good game, the ending was bitter sweet to me, i wish they wouldve explained more on what happened next...instead of leaving you wondering.......but overall iam pleased with it"
zomfgwtfbbq
#13 Posted by ryeguy489 (117 posts) -
psr388 said:
"ryeguy489 said:
"well i just beat this game yesterday......pretty damn good game, the ending was bitter sweet to me, i wish they wouldve explained more on what happened next...instead of leaving you wondering.......but overall iam pleased with it"
zomfgwtfbbq
"
jerk off
#14 Posted by psr388 (268 posts) -
ryeguy489 said:
"psr388 said:
"ryeguy489 said:
"well i just beat this game yesterday......pretty damn good game, the ending was bitter sweet to me, i wish they wouldve explained more on what happened next...instead of leaving you wondering.......but overall iam pleased with it"
zomfgwtfbbq
"
jerk off"
arse
#15 Posted by peeontree1 (13 posts) -

Honestly I love these games for the story. Even though I spent every hour of my time playing this game it took a while for me to really get into it. For those of you still playing, and those who beat it if you agree, it is the kind of story where the story is just enough to get you to the last ten hours where your emotions simply take control of you. Yes it is glitchy, yes it is slow, but if you have even an ounce of patience you must play this game through because the jumbled up story becomes as dramatic and heart warming as your hoping for a Tales game

#16 Posted by Nexas (625 posts) -

Slowpoke

#17 Posted by peeontree1 (13 posts) -

huh...lol

#18 Posted by LackLuster (713 posts) -

I'm playing it right now to and the characters are OK kind of annoying and the story is good, but the game play is still keeping it alive

#19 Posted by peeontree1 (13 posts) -

As i said I got through it with gameplay but if you can enjoy the story until it picks up you wont stop. BTW, Jade is funny as hell and you will learn to love the characters. Also, tell me when you get emotional while watching the opening video (amazing guitar btw) That will mean the game won and you lost haha

#20 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

as if they wont release this in the uk

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.