Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Vesperia

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 07, 2008

Tales of Vesperia is a Japanese Role-Playing Game and the first entry in the long-running "Tales of" franchise on seventh-generation consoles.

Future of the Xbox 360 Version

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Blubba

If you don't know already, Tales of Vesperia is going to be released on the PlayStation 3 later this year. It's going to be released with some new content. Lots of this new content seems pretty interesting. I'll just rip what that stuff is right from the main page:

Additional Content

• Full voice acting
    • Dual audio(English, Japanese)
    • Flynn as a playable character
    • Tie-ins with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
    • New playable character, a pirate girl called Patty Fleur
    • New Cutscenes
    • New Subplots
    • New Costumes
    • New Bosses (Including the Sword Dancer)
    • New Dungeons
    • New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes (including a combo Mystic Arte with Yuri and Flynn)
    • New Skits
    • New Animated Scenes
    • Old Animated Scenes have Patty added in
    • New Sidequests
    • New Songs
    • New Artes
    • Repede and Flynn as selectable on-screen avatars

Anyways, I really love this game, but I only an Xbox 360 and have no intentions of getting a PS3. I want some of that new content. Do you think they will patch the 360 version or maybe release as DLC? I love this game enough to pay for it.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

deja vu from Symphonia for me (although PS2 Symphonia wasn't released outside japan because nintendo financed the localization anyway)

That said I ahven't gotten Vesperia yet but am thinking about it since it seems to be a pretty good value at $30 new or so.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Well that sucks. I doubt they'd patch all that stuff in for 360. The lack of voice acting in certain scenes in that game do seem a little odd.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Luke

Has this been announced for North America or Europe yet?  I thought that, currently, the PS3 version is only for Japan. 

I passed-over Tales of Vesperia and am now holding-out for a North American release on PS3, but may just get the X360 version if it takes too long or is never actually coming-out here. 

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blubba
    @Luke said:
    " Has this been announced for North America or Europe yet?  I thought that, currently, the PS3 version is only for Japan.  I passed-over Tales of Vesperia and am now holding-out for a North American release on PS3, but may just get the X360 version if it takes too long or is never actually coming-out here.  "
    I have to imagine that if they're doing full English voice-acting for the whole game that they are going to release it in North America. Don't quote me though, I haven't looked into it that much. I just saw that the PS3 version was getting cool stuff and said, "Hey, I want cool stuff, too!"
    SolidestChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SolidestChimp

i was going to buy this game today but i think ill wait till it comes out on the ps3 also  Dual audio(English, Japanese) must be in english so if it aint out in europe our america import it

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cinemandrew

I was wondering the same thing. I'm renting the game right now, and considering buying it. It would help my decision a little if I knew what was going to happen with this.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By vidiot

It would make sense, wouldn't it? That most of the new extra content would work perfectly as DLC. If it was released in such manner, I know I would have it as a day one purchase.

Sadly, I'm going to bet against it.
    Even though Vesperia was an incredibly important game for the Japanese Xbox lineup, Namco's idea of DLC so far for that game in particular, was pretty pathetic. It doesnt bode well for any idea's of future plans for that game and it's future. It also doesnt help that this extra content sounds like an exclusive deal. I had read that games delayed for a PS3 port must have some form of new extra content associated with them, this sounds similar to that concept.

Even though this would make bank if it was released as an add-on.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cinemandrew
    @vidiot: If anything, they'll probably release it in bits and pieces, and overcharge for all of it.
    Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blubba
    @vidiot said:
    " It would make sense, wouldn't it? That most of the new extra content would work perfectly as DLC. If it was released in such manner, I know I would have it as a day one purchase.

Sadly, I'm going to bet against it.
    Even though Vesperia was an incredibly important game for the Japanese Xbox lineup, Namco's idea of DLC so far for that game in particular, was pretty pathetic. It doesnt bode well for any idea's of future plans for that game and it's future. It also doesnt help that this extra content sounds like an exclusive deal. I had read that games delayed for a PS3 port must have some form of new extra content associated with them, this sounds similar to that concept.Even though this would make bank if it was released as an add-on. "
    And there dies the dream...

Unless this is something like the Fallout 3 DLC, where it is only time-exclusive, not an absolute exclusive. Namco is no Bethesda, though. Man, the day Japanese game-developers start catching up in terms of online features will be beautiful.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By vidiot
    @cinemandrew: I was thinking something on the same lines too, if hypothetically such a concept would become real. They would release portion separately, but it should be pointed out that even this concept would be a step up (as Blubba pointed out) from Japans current DLC online strategy of ignoring DLC.

I know that's an absolute statement, and their are exceptions to the norm....very small exceptions...
    But the day that an expandable JRPG is released with episodic/expansion DLC will be a phenominal day indeed.
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By FCKSNAP

Doubt it will. This sounded like an "I'm sorry" to the Tales fans in Japan where it comparatively sold less than the previous titles on their home turf. I'd be surprised if it even came out in the US.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I don't think so. This is Japan we're talking about here. DId the PS3 content of Eternal Sonata come to the 360 version? No. Did the 360 content for Virtua Fighter 5 come to PS3? No. So on and so forth. Japanese developers make a game, then make a new version of it without really supporting costumers of the previous version.

Also, this is the Tales series. Namco is fickle about it as a whole. If the Japanese PS3 version has english voice overs, I'll import it(the japanese voices are much worse IMO). Or I'll import it even if it doesn't if it is not announced for the US within the next year or so.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By gla55jAw

More content or achievements?!?!? ahhh i can't decide!

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blubba
    @gla55jAw: If it's really coming down to that, it should be noted that you'll have to work your ass off for a good portion of the achievements.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#16  Edited By gla55jAw
    @Blubba:  I'll take that into consideration. If's really going to come out and I don't have to import it I'll prob just pick it up on PS3.
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Eelcire

My understanding is that Sony mandates exclusive content for any ports that are released later than the Xbox 360. Hence, 360 owners get to play games first while PS3 owners get definitive versions. And as mentioned above, Eternal Sonata has yet to have any of the new content made available as DLC so I highly doubt Vesperia will get DLC; which I find disappointing.

It's a shame to split your fanbase between versions of a game, especially when both systems are perfectly capable to play said game and have full marketplaces available for DLC.

hamchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By hamchan

I would pay for all of those actually. Namco should be smart and put it on the marketplace, no harm really in doing that.

@Eelcire said:
    " My understanding is that Sony mandates exclusive content for any ports that are released later than the Xbox 360. Hence, 360 owners get to play games first while PS3 owners get definitive versions. And as mentioned above, Eternal Sonata has yet to have any of the new content made available as DLC so I highly doubt Vesperia will get DLC; which I find disappointing.It's a shame to split your fanbase between versions of a game, especially when both systems are perfectly capable to play said game and have full marketplaces available for DLC. "
    Ah really? Damn, I didn't even get to play it that early (PAL land!)
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Bigandtasty

Well, I ordered 360 ToV, though it'll likely be a moot point with this probably being a Japan-only release and me noy owning a PS3 anyway.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By ch13696

I think they are going the same route as Ninja Gaiden. Release it on Xbox, see if it sells, if it does then release it on PS3. So if Namco Bandai is smart (which I'm sure they are, look at Soul Caliber IV) then they'll release DLC.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By turbomonkey138

Possible dlc maybe

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By flaminghobo

I have a bad feeling that they won't patch it.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Eelcire
    @ch13696:
    SoulCalibur IV was planned from the start to have equal DLC (Yoda/Vader), not to mention that SoulCalibur IV was released at the same time for both the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Also, per your Ninja Gaiden Example the PS3 version is getting the 'definitive' version with extra playable characters and scenarios; there are no plans to make this available as DLC for Xbox 360 owners.
    jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jj984jj
    @Blubba said:
    " If you don't know already, Tales of Vesperia is going to be released on the PlayStation 3 later this year. It's going to be released with some new content. Lots of this new content seems pretty interesting. I'll just rip what that stuff is right from the main page:

Additional Content

• Dual audio(English, Japanese)
    Yeah, this isn't true.
    Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blubba
    @jj984jj: I was just going by what the page said.

Well then I wonder if they'll even make the new content in English. Probably not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.