Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Vesperia

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 07, 2008

Tales of Vesperia is a Japanese Role-Playing Game and the first entry in the long-running "Tales of" franchise on seventh-generation consoles.

Question about saving progress in Tales of Vesperia

Capitalism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Capitalism

I seriously played for like an hour and didnt see a save spot and died. I paused the game and went to save (before dying) and it didnt let me(it just made a noise). Is saving really this rare in the game? This can be quite frustrating because I dont want to do all this over again, and it doesnt seem like theres a way to avoid this in the future.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

Saving from the menu only works on the world map. In towns and dungeons, you need to find save spots. If I remember correctly, there was at least one in each of the towns and dungeons(it's possible that there are some exceptions). I never really had a problem with saving though -- the game was pretty easy, and I only died a couple of times during the entire game.

Capitalism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Capitalism

Well RPG battle systems dont really come natural to me, so ill probably die a few more times... if only i could shoryuken...

anyway thanks

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By KingBroly

There are 2 types of save points, red books and green books.  Green books are rare, and some of them disappear later on, but they heal your party.  Otherwise, you can save on the world map (it's on the far right side of the menu).  If you find the game to be too difficult, you can switch the difficulty on the fly.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

The battle system is really simple. In the beginning of the game(and really, the rest of the game as well), all you really need to do is to spam a single combo over and over again.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64
    @Capitalism said:
    "

Well RPG battle systems dont really come natural to me, so ill probably die a few more times... if only i could shoryuken...

anyway thanks

"
    I think every game would be better if we could do shoryuken or throw hadoukens.
    Avatar image for akasofailsongiantbomb
    AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@JJOR64 said:
    " @Capitalism said:
    "

anyway thanks

"
    I think every game would be better if we could do shoryuken or throw hadoukens. "
    Why Shoryuken when you could Cerberus Strike?
    Rirobuge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rirobuge
    @AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    " @Capitalism said:
    "

anyway thanks

"
    I think every game would be better if we could do shoryuken or throw hadoukens. "
    Why Shoryuken when you could Cerberus Strike? "
    Why Cerberus Strike when you can Pow Hammer?
    Capitalism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Capitalism
    @Rirobuge said:
    " @AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    " @Capitalism said:
    "

anyway thanks

"
    Why Shoryuken when you could Cerberus Strike? "
    Why Cerberus Strike when you can Pow Hammer? "

You guys do realize that Cerberus Strikes or Pow Hammers would never cause a scar to go across Sagat's chest right?

Metsu Shoryuken ftw

Avatar image for akasofailsongiantbomb
    AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this thread's gone off topic.

All it's doing right now is telling me how awesome Namco X Capcom could have been if it was a fighting game instead of a turn-based strategy game.

...And it was released after Vesperia came out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.