Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Xillia

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 08, 2011

The thirteenth title in the Tales franchise for PlayStation 3.

How long a game is this?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Wondering how long of a game this is. I manged on a lark to win a digital copy of this game via a contest the Playstation twitter account was having. I downloaded the game but I'm hesitant to actually start it being smack dab in the middle of the busiest month for me. Divekick and Saints Row are next week (although admittedly I'm kinda on the fence about saints row) and week after that is Killer is Dead and Hatsune Miku. Lots of games! So I'm wondering about how large a romp is this game?

TallonKarrde23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TallonKarrde23

I'm currently over 30 (at like 36 or something) hours in and the story seems a good distance from reaching a conclusion, I'm also competent at playing so it's not like I'm taking that time from being bad at it.

It seems like a typical JRPG where it'll clock around 50+ hours if you do the main story and a good bit of the side content - and that'd just be the Jude or Milla playthrough (though I'm not sure how much new content you get out of playing Milla's yet). I can say the same for Project Diva F too though - I 100%ed that and it took a pretty long time even getting perfects on Expert with the challenge items on, so you've got two lengthy games, though I suppose this one is more relevant to get done all at once for the story.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

TallonKarrde23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TallonKarrde23

A lot of the information on that site is ridiculously inaccurate. I mean the way they get these numbers is based on such a hilariously small base of people (often under 10 people, when there are tens of thousands who have actually played it) rather than actual real data.

Basically it's a shitty site with no worthwhile (nor remotely accurate) data because it's all made up. It's like saying if you get a cold you'll die because the 2 people they used for research in some third world country happened to die from it.

If one guy who is terrible at games takes 80 hours to beat the single player campaign in CoD:MW2 and decides to put in his time, then it'll claim that beating it takes around 80 hours. Not to mention the data is all self input, so you can literally make up numbers, lie, round up or down, put times in for games you've never even played, etc. The 100 hours was also (obviously from the perfect number and lack of actual information or anything backing it up) a made up ASSUMED number about how long it would "probably" take.Not to mention making up numbers for games you've never played is common practice there because it's kind of like how you post shitty things that not only are worthless but add nothing to any of the discussions you partake in just to boost your post count - they get the same sort of imagined up e-rep for it as the site stupidly keeps track of that stuff. And you know it has other problems, like things that are exclusives having information from consoles that don't even have the game or any way to emulate it such as the exact page you linked showing Xillia being played on PC which isn't possible at all.

If you want to be an ass, at least make sure you're not just making yourself look stupid first.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So ass hole answers aside. My buddy just beat his first playthrough, took him just over 40 hours. And he missed a bunch of sub events. I am about half way through myself and just over 22 hours. But I am taking my sweet time, checking on everything, and grinding out titles for grade.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

A lot of the information on that site is ridiculously inaccurate.

What are you basing this on? What concrete instances are you basing this on? I'd say it's accurate based on lining up my times against the averages I submitted them toward:

GameMy TimeTheir Time# of people who submitted
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent8h42m8h118
    Breath of Death VII4h5h43
    Devil May Cry 410h4m11h30m50
    Hotline Miami4h48m4h30m159
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater15h26m16h80
    Portal4h3h30m516
    Xenoblade Chronicles73h41m65h30m37

Quite a long way away from 10 dudes who suck at video games taking a stupidly long time to complete video games.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you want to platinum it, it'll take around 120+ hours. First time through would be about 50

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By musubi
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#10  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm at the endgame, have completed a fair chunk of the sidequests and optional monster fights, and have spent a few extra hours leveling. I"m sitting at about 52 hours. Shave off a couple of hours for my general idiocy in exploring certain areas needlessly, and you're sitting right at around 50 hours or so. Hope that helps.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Minimum 40 hours if you run through the main storyline on medium difficulty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.