Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

A revamped edition of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes with new characters, modes, and features. Designed with an international release in mind, all but one character from the original roster remains, as well as several fan-favorite new challengers.

Let's discuss some anti-Zero strategies.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

So my general level of skill when I face opponents online is...not great.  Of the roughly 90 ranked matches I've played thus far, I've lost an absurd number of them.  My win count is is only 13.  (Why am I playing ranked if I suck so much?  Because I'm trying to get better.)

This leads me to my dilemma.  I've fallen victim to the spam-tastic tactics of Zero players too many times, and so I'm putting some extra focus in learning how to deal with these guys.  Problem?  My preferred characters are not among the "Super Projectile Beam" throwing variety.  No, I like using Yatterman-1 and Doronjo, which means that at best, I can throw a huge robot dog and a couple of dopey henchmen at my problems.

So far, the only strategy I've found that's really met with any success is extra emphasis on defense to guard against the spamming and praying that they get sucked into a level 3 ultra.  Yeah, not a great plan.  Especially when the the opponent has someone else waiting in the wings.  (Most usually either Ryu or Tekkaman Blade, from my experience.)

So, anyone found any strategies that have been effective at countering the rise of Flowchart Zero?

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By demontium
    @Hailinel said:

" So my general level of skill when I face opponents online is...not great.  Of the roughly 90 ranked matches I've played thus far, I've lost an absurd number of them.  My win count is is only 13.  (Why am I playing ranked if I suck so much?  Because I'm trying to get better.)  This leads me to my dilemma.  I've fallen victim to the spam-tastic tactics of Zero players too many times, and so I'm putting some extra focus in learning how to deal with these guys.  Problem?  My preferred characters are not among the "Super Projectile Beam" throwing variety.  No, I like using Yatterman-1 and Doronjo, which means that at best, I can throw a huge robot dog and a couple of dopey henchmen at my problems.  So far, the only strategy I've found that's really met with any success is extra emphasis on defense to guard against the spamming and praying that they get sucked into a level 3 ultra.  Yeah, not a great plan.  Especially when the the opponent has someone else waiting in the wings.  (Most usually either Ryu or Tekkaman Blade, from my experience.)  So, anyone found any strategies that have been effective at countering the rise of Flowchart Zero? "

Ah flowchart zero... we are already naming him. 

Anyways, this annoying fuck has one weakness that people will eventually show: his purple sword dash (foward H) can be punished with the universal combo: L, H, P crouching H. 

The biggest annoyance is... yes, he will throw his shory- I mean ryuingen (flaming spam sword) after that dash, so I say block if he has level 3 (after the purple dash) or use the universal launcher combo to stop his dash or flaming spam sword. 

Now about your characters.... you might wanna find some matchup guide for them, at least Doronjo (Yman 1 is extremely player friendly).
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By demontium
    @Hailinel: And btw I am sure one of your HCs will own him after that dash punish, just find a good counter one or find a new character you feel more comfortable with fighting zero. 

Like me, I switched Yman 2 to morrigan, just to own those asswipe PTX users.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel
    @demontium: Thanks for the advice.  I'm getting pretty comfortable with Yatterman-1.  I just need to practice more with Doronjo, who is very much not a newcomer-friendly fighter.  Her counter super has actually gotten some good shots in on Zero for me.  Timing the execution, however, is the tricky part.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By demontium
    @Hailinel said:
    " @demontium: Thanks for the advice.  I'm getting pretty comfortable with Yatterman-1.  I just need to practice more with Doronjo, who is very much not a newcomer-friendly fighter.  Her counter super has actually gotten some good shots in on Zero for me.  Timing the execution, however, is the tricky part. "
    Try and get that mega ball of trickery and death super up will you can and hopefully spammy zeros will fall for that, other than that good luck!
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By rallier

I've actually have not been doing all that well against Zero players. They have at least played through the arcade mode a good 7 times so they know (most of the time) how the game works. My tactic so far against them have been mostly defensive. I really need to try and master the advanced guard or whatever that is called because all the Zero players appear to be extremely aggressive.

Pat33able

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Pat33able

Zero has VERY low health and NEED's a partner or bbq 2do anything near decent damage 
    And more than half of his pokes LAG like crazy
    (Unsafe moves)
    dp= ryuingen 
    6C=purple slash
    air dive
    3C=launcher 
    all of his projectiles

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.