Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

A revamped edition of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes with new characters, modes, and features. Designed with an international release in mind, all but one character from the original roster remains, as well as several fan-favorite new challengers.

New Vs Game This Year If Tatsunoko Sells Well on Wii

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Ryota Niitsuma, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: Ultimate All Stars producer, has said if the game sells well Capcom may announce a new Vs game this year. 

Kotaku: 

Capcom plans to announce a new game in their Versus series this year if Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars sells well enough in the U.S., the game's producer tells Kotaku.

When Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars hits stores and the Wii next week it will be the seventh fighting game from Capcom to blend characters from another company with theirs into a casual fighting game.

Game producer Ryota Niitsuma calls the title a revival or resurrection of the series.

"I would love to do more versus series, more types of games like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2," Niitsuma said. "There are all of these possibilities working with other companies, seeing what we could do with them. There are so many game companies I'd love to work with."

In Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars players get to pick from some of Capcom's most popular characters as well as characters drawn from the five-decade history of the Japanese animation company that created classics like Speed Racer, G-Force, Tekkaman and Gatchaman.

Often the versus games have been driven by fan requests to Capcom, Niitsuma said.

"We get requests from fans to mix our characters with other video game characters all of the time," he said.

And for this series of games in particular, Capcom pays close attention to what those fans are saying.

"Based on those requests we might be able to do something with our characters and another company's characters for a future game," Niitsuma said. "Keep your eyes open and your ears open for some kind of news in the future."

But how soon in the future?

"If sales are really good (for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars) then you can see an announcement within this year," he said.

http://kotaku.com/5453656/capcom-may-announce-new-versus-game-this-year
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon

Well I've cast my vote already which should be arriving from Amazon come early February, though I really think Capcom needs to cool it with the Vs. games.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By rallier

I will allow Seth Killian to say "Ruu" without frowning if they do.

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's probably going to be Tatsunoko vs CAPCOM 2 since they even discussed what other characters they'd like to put in a hypothetical sequel.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " It's probably going to be Tatsunoko vs CAPCOM 2 since they even discussed what other characters they'd like to put in a hypothetical sequel. "
    Yeah I did hear about that. Or if the game doesn't sell well, it will probably end up on PS3 and 360.

Though this idea is a bit better.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Willy105

To make sure they don't have to make a new game, they will do everything in their power to make sure this game bombs.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @Willy105 said:
    " To make sure they don't have to make a new game, they will do everything in their power to make sure this game bombs. "
    The game will end up on PS3 and 360, if it bombs.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said: 

" It's probably going to be Tatsunoko vs CAPCOM 2 since they even discussed what other characters they'd like to put in a hypothetical sequel. "

You don't seem to have read the article properly - it implies a new Vs game entirely using a company Capcom has yet to work with.

He's already said there would be a sequel if the game sold well during the live feed show yesterday    
    Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lifestrike
    Capcom VS. Cho Aniki
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheFreeMan

Now I'm really curious. Reading the thread title, I was thinking Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, but a company Capcom has yet to make a Vs game with? The best result would be Nintendo, I think. They could easily make a NvC game in TvC's style. It'd be a nice alternative to Smash, I suppose. That's just my opinion, though. I imagine the actual result would probably be something way out of the blue. Haha, maybe DC Vs. Capcom?

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By demontium
    @Linkyshinks: Confirmed for 2010, no versus game.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel
    @TheFreeMan said:
    " Now I'm really curious. Reading the thread title, I was thinking Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, but a company Capcom has yet to make a Vs game with? The best result would be Nintendo, I think. They could easily make a NvC game in TvC's style. It'd be a nice alternative to Smash, I suppose. That's just my opinion, though. I imagine the actual result would probably be something way out of the blue. Haha, maybe DC Vs. Capcom? "
    I think a Capcom rep actually did state that a Nintendo vs. Capcom game would be an interesting project, but there was little basis to believe that such a game was in the works beyond a general "It'd be neat if..." vibe.

That being said, Nintendo vs. Capcom would be neat.

And I doubt that MvC3 is in the cards given that not only does Capcom no longer have the rights to the Marvel license, but Marvel itself was bought up by Disney last year.  We probably have a better chance of seeing Wolverine in Tomorrow Land than we do an MvC3.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Aw man, Capcom Vs SNK 3, I forgot about that. 

Capcom Vs. SNK 3, that's should be the next game.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Dalai

ThunderCats vs. Capcom. Make it happen!

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rallier

Bumping this considering the Microsoft x Capcom announcement site that was posted just after this interview. 

Could very well be related since there appears to be a lot of outcry about why it is only on the Wii.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By shirogane

Capcom vs Konami? 

Just imagine the crazy stuff that could happen.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Kou_Leifoh said:
    " Aw man, Capcom Vs SNK 3, I forgot about that. 

Capcom Vs. SNK 3, that's should be the next game. "

I would prefer Capcom got that out of the way also, thing is, SNK are off par currently, they really need to release new fighters of notable quality again.

@Rallier

Yeah, this could well relate to the Capcom X Microsoft teaser. Thanks for your astute observation and bumping of this thread.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hailinel
    @Rallier said:
    " Bumping this considering the Microsoft x Capcom announcement site that was posted just after this interview.   Could very well be related since there appears to be a lot of outcry about why it is only on the Wii. "
    There really aren't enough Microsoft characters that would make up an interesting fighting game roster.  I mean, aside from the obvious (Master Chief) who would you include?  Blinx?  Some character from Fuzion Frenzy?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stang

Street Fighter Vs Killer Instinct. Make it happen, now.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh said:

I would prefer Capcom got that out of the way also, thing is, SNK are off par currently, they really need to release new fighters of notable quality again.
    I kinda disagree there, KoF XI was one of the best games they've released.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By JJOR64
    @Stang said:
    " Street Fighter Vs Killer Instinct. Make it happen, now. "
    I agree.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Snail

Isn't the Tatsunoko vs Capcom game M-Rated?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hailinel
    @Snail said:
    " Isn't the Tatsunoko vs Capcom game M-Rated? "
    No, what gave you that idea?  It's rated T.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Snail
    @Hailinel: Oh, then there is still a chance that it will sell well.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hailinel
    @Kou_Leifoh said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh said:

I kinda disagree there, KoF XI was one of the best games they've released. "
    KoFXI was a great entry, though I was bound for disappointment given that one of my most preferred fighters in the series, Kasumi Todoh, wasn't on its roster.

I'm not even sure what sort of state SNK is in as a whole at the moment given that KoFXII was released in the U.S. by Ignition.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @Hailinel said:

" @Kou_Leifoh said:

" @Linkyshinks said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh said:

I kinda disagree there, KoF XI was one of the best games they've released. "
    KoFXI was a great entry, though I was bound for disappointment given that one of my most preferred fighters in the series, Kasumi Todoh, wasn't on its roster.  I'm not even sure what sort of state SNK is in as a whole at the moment given that KoFXII was released in the U.S. by Ignition. "
    She was in the game. . . . .
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiME5iCzRG4&feature=related

Anyways, there are plenty others to play the game with. I find it ridiculous how if a certain character  is not in the game, that will result to the game being awful. When critics reviewed KoF XII they saw the lack of Mai in replace for Mature and Raiden as a factor to getting a low score. Idiotic behavior like that is the reason why I don't listen to critics when it comes to fighting games.  I mean, does the lack of Mai cause the game itself frame-rate issue, online lag, or just breaks the game overall?

Fighting game characters is nothing but personal opinion. Some people out there are not even huge fans of Mai and wouldn't care less if she wasn't in the game. But for others, lack of Mai will cause the game to be inferior to the predecessors that contain Mai, even though the gameplay was actually better. 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hailinel
    @Kou_Leifoh: Heh.  I'll be darned.  My mistake.

And I never said that lack of this character or that character ruins a game.  It just makes it better on a personal level when characters you prefer are in it.  I mean, I think Akuma is one of the lamest attempts at villainy in any fighting game, but that doesn't make me think Street Fighter IV is terrible for his inclusion.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#29  Edited By Symphony

A Capcom vs Namco FIGHTING game that's released in the west would be nice. 

But this news really comes as no surprise... What it boils down to them saying is, "If a game featuring half a roster of characters no one in the west has any clue about sells well, then of course we'll release games featuring more characters they DO know about! I mean, duh!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.