Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

A revamped edition of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes with new characters, modes, and features. Designed with an international release in mind, all but one character from the original roster remains, as well as several fan-favorite new challengers.

So... how is this game?

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By misterpope

I really dig fighting games. I suck ass at them, but they are just super-fun to play for me. SFIV was my favorite game of last year. 

And this game looks awesome to me! I've only played about an hour or so of MvC2 at a friends house, so I'm not really sure how VS-style games work . 

Any recommendations? Yay or nay for Tatsunoko? 

Thanks.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThomasP

It's a great game. There's a deep fighting system buried beneath the glamor and glitz and the characters are great. Zero, Frank West, Roll, Joe the Condor, Jun the Swan, Ken the Eagle, Ryu, Chun-Li and Alex are my favorites. The online portion of the game works well. There are Free Battles, Rival Battles, Friend Battles and Ranked Battles; the latter being the mode you earn Battle Points to rank up. Your records and stats are compared with friends and the overall rankings. The tag system is always a nice change from the usual one on one, as well. 

I think if you like fighting games and own a Wii this is a must buy.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By apathylad

I like the game. It's pretty similar to Marvel vs. Capcom 2, if you want a comparison. Basic moves are pretty simple to pull off with over the top hyper combos dealing massive damage.

RLLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RLLink

Basically what Apathy said. Nothing too complicated, pretty simple. Only thing that may take a lot of practice is getting down the Barroque(sp?).

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By misterpope

Cool thanks guys. I'll be picking this game up soon then. 

Someone should make a guide thread to this game though. Just a recommendation. Cause in some other forums I've read there are some words, terms, and other junk I don't 
    get. Yeah.
    RLLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By RLLink

Eh, don't bother with guides. Just learn by playing the game, you'll get the hang of it eventually. Then you'll start learning your own combos, etc, rather then learning the "BnB" and whatnot.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By rallier
    @misterpope: Be sure to check capcom's site out. They have all the techniques listed and some general tips. Variable air raids are a bitch...
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By demontium
    @misterpope said:
    " I really dig fighting games. I suck ass at them, but they are just super-fun to play for me. SFIV was my favorite game of last year.  And this game looks awesome to me! I've only played about an hour or so of MvC2 at a friends house, so I'm not really sure how VS-style games work .  Any recommendations? Yay or nay for Tatsunoko?  Thanks. "
    I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT! 
    misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By misterpope
    @demontium said:
    " @misterpope said:
    " I really dig fighting games. I suck ass at them, but they are just super-fun to play for me. SFIV was my favorite game of last year.  And this game looks awesome to me! I've only played about an hour or so of MvC2 at a friends house, so I'm not really sure how VS-style games work .  Any recommendations? Yay or nay for Tatsunoko?  Thanks. "
    I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT!  "

Alright there. Glowing endorsement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.