Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

A revamped edition of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes with new characters, modes, and features. Designed with an international release in mind, all but one character from the original roster remains, as well as several fan-favorite new challengers.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom "Ask a Question, Get an Answer" Thread

haunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By haunts

So as many of you have seen this game is just a -little- bit different than some other more traditional fighting games like Street Fighter 4 and there is a lot to learn about Tatsunoko vs Capcom with all of it's unique characters and systems. I figure it will be a good idea to start a general Q&A thread where we can all discuss strategies and see if we can help each other get better at the game.  

I'll update this first post with questions and relevant answers.  

Also, if you havent seen this yet, this is a great video to get everyone started with the basics of TVC: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2iyi2pEwSY   

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

I guess to get the ball rolling, what are some good strategies when fighting against PTX?  I've been able to take on Gold Lightan players without issue so far, but PTX is still a pain point, or at least, was the last time I faced him online.

haunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By haunts

Honestly I havent fought many larger characters but typically I just chuck projectiles and run away.. Once they get close super jump and dash over them -- rinse and repeat. I doubt this will work on better players but it's a start!

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By demontium
    @Hailinel said:
    " I guess to get the ball rolling, what are some good strategies when fighting against PTX?  I've been able to take on Gold Lightan players without issue so far, but PTX is still a pain point, or at least, was the last time I faced him online. "
    I think you are just in a bad position with your characters, but now is the time to spam that dog HC with Yamn1, ptx gets owned by it whether he blocks or not, as well as the fire move. 

@haunts: great thread.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By rallier

I've been using the same hit and run tactic as haunts. Not all the best option there is but most of the times it is a close call between who wins and loses. My team however is not all that great against them though, Ryu is fine but Soki is quite slow.  Does advance guarding work against them by the way?

haunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By haunts

Holy crap I got rocked by a Doronjo the other night.. Any tips? I couldnt even approach this guy.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hailinel
    @demontium said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " I guess to get the ball rolling, what are some good strategies when fighting against PTX?  I've been able to take on Gold Lightan players without issue so far, but PTX is still a pain point, or at least, was the last time I faced him online. "
    I think you are just in a bad position with your characters, but now is the time to spam that dog HC with Yamn1, ptx gets owned by it whether he blocks or not, as well as the fire move. 

@haunts: great thread. "
    Yeah, I'm actually noticing that I'm getting better.  I had a bit of breakthrough while playing online today, but unfortunately it didn't translate well in my win/loss record.  And the one time I did manage to rock a guy, he rage-quit before I could finish him off.  I'm afraid I've still got a ways to go, but at least I'm slowly getting there.
    GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By GunnBjorn

Okay, i got a question and it's a typical guy thing. 
    Who's the hottest chick in the entire game?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hailinel
    @haunts said:
    " Holy crap I got rocked by a Doronjo the other night.. Any tips? I couldnt even approach this guy. "
    Doronjo excels at controlling space.  Her specials have variable range.  Keep the Doronjo player guessing as to where you'll be and it makes it harder for your opponent to set up attacks to strike where you actually are.

If she's in her super-comfy position (lying down), you need to be careful how you approach because she can still summon Tonzura and Boyacky to perform their specials, and if you get close to her, she can execute a launcher from the position.  It's best to either try sweeping at her while she's like this, or if your'e using a character with projectiles that can hit the ground, launch one of those to keep her on her feet.  Other than this, I'm not sure what to tell you.  Doronjo is one of my mains, but I'm still learning the game and am in the process of learning how to use her effectively.  As I'm not an expert, I could be off on any of this.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By demontium
    @haunts said:
    " Holy crap I got rocked by a Doronjo the other night.. Any tips? I couldnt even approach this guy. "
    Please specify the moves he was using. 

Im sure he spammed his minions and kept you away with her mega-junk-ball, and spaced you out. 

Which characters did you use and which did he use other than doronjo?
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By demontium
    @Hailinel said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @Hailinel said:

@haunts: great thread. "
    Yeah, I'm actually noticing that I'm getting better.  I had a bit of breakthrough while playing online today, but unfortunately it didn't translate well in my win/loss record.  And the one time I did manage to rock a guy, he rage-quit before I could finish him off.  I'm afraid I've still got a ways to go, but at least I'm slowly getting there. "
    What I have learned from SFIV, and im sure haunts would agree, is that there is ALWAYS room to grow, there is ALWAYS something to perfect.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hailinel
    @demontium: And I'm actually seeing it happen.  I mean, sure, I still lose the majority of my matches, but I'm getting better and can hold my own against better players, or at least not lose by embarrassingly large margins.  Though I still have more trouble with specific characters.  Soki is just a beast when he gets on a roll.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Viewtiful Joe. 

That's the answer to everything. 

Viewtiful...Joe...

masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By masterherocard

Working on my Batsu and my Ryu. Any general tips?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hailinel
    @masterherocard said:
    " Working on my Batsu and my Ryu. Any general tips? "
    If you're using the two of them together, avoid the temptation to launch their super projectiles at every opportunity; skilled players will be ready for that tactic.  Save your meter to diversify your attacks.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel
    @jakob187 said:
    " Viewtiful Joe.  That's the answer to everything.  Viewtiful...Joe... "
    Not from what I've played.  Joe has a pretty good midair combo, but his bombs are easy to avoid (and can damage himself), and I typically don't have much of an issue evading his supers.
    masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By masterherocard

Ah, that makes sense.

One more question though. A few nights ago, i played someone who used Zero, and they caught me in this combo (Infinite combo? possibly) where they would attack then use that attack of his that turns his saber red, then repeat. Is there a good way to get out of that without losing too much health? I thought about using that one thing (mega crush i think), but i'd rather not give up two bars if possible.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By demontium
    @Hailinel said:
    " @demontium: And I'm actually seeing it happen.  I mean, sure, I still lose the majority of my matches, but I'm getting better and can hold my own against better players, or at least not lose by embarrassingly large margins.  Though I still have more trouble with specific characters.  Soki is just a beast when he gets on a roll. "
    soki is slow, just space him out with doronjo, abuse dem minions.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hailinel
    @masterherocard said:
    "

Ah, that makes sense.

One more question though. A few nights ago, i played someone who used Zero, and they caught me in this combo (Infinite combo? possibly) where they would attack then use that attack of his that turns his saber red, then repeat. Is there a good way to get out of that without losing too much health? I thought about using that one thing (mega crush i think), but i'd rather not give up two bars if possible.

"
    You may find some anti-Zero advice in this thread that would be of help against him, at least as a start:

http://www.giantbomb.com/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-ultimate-all-stars/61-20728/lets-discuss-some-anti-zero-strategies/35-387015/#6
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hailinel
    @demontium said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @demontium: And I'm actually seeing it happen.  I mean, sure, I still lose the majority of my matches, but I'm getting better and can hold my own against better players, or at least not lose by embarrassingly large margins.  Though I still have more trouble with specific characters.  Soki is just a beast when he gets on a roll. "
    soki is slow, just space him out with doronjo, abuse dem minions. "
    Minion abuse is always fun, and I'm getting better at it all the time.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By demontium
    @Hailinel said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    soki is slow, just space him out with doronjo, abuse dem minions. "
    Minion abuse is always fun, and I'm getting better at it all the time. "
    Exactly, TvC is good at making you good, as long as you practice; in other words: easy to play, hard to master.
    haunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By haunts

Havent played the Doronjo player recently but yeah he was using the minions to keep me out and anytime i got in close to do a combo he would mega crash out.. REALLY ANNOYING!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.